Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

He's more consistent taking it to the rack and just has that attack mentality. Murray has that to, just not to the extent of Mitchell. It would be interesting to see how two combo guards would play together, but Jokic being such a great passer would allow them to get away with having no pass first PG IMO. 

Could have three potential all stars....all under the age of 24 wow.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's more consistent taking it to the rack and just has that attack mentality. Murray has that to, just not to the extent of Mitchell. It would be interesting to see how two combo guards would play together, but Jokic being such a great passer would allow them to get away with having no pass first PG IMO. 

Could have three potential all stars....all under the age of 24 wow.

The nuggets have 3 potential all-stars under the age of 24. Their other starting guard is better than Mitchell right now and continues to get better. I'd also guess that Murray has better finishing numbers around the rim, but not sure where to get those advanced stats. Murray's a year younger too. Just doesn't have the dunks though. 

Agreed that Murray, Mitchell, and Jokic would be awesome, though. The Nuggets would have had to move one of those three guards though, which obviously would be an okay alternative too of course. It's too bad.

I tell Nuggets fans this too that are upset - the Nuggets didn't have Paul Millsap at the draft. Their starting PF was Faried so I totally respect getting Lyles. The Lydon pick still made no sense though, like wtf. If only OG made it one more damn spot man. SMH 

26 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The nuggets have 3 potential all-stars under the age of 24. Their other starting guard is better than Mitchell right now and continues to get better. I'd also guess that Murray has better finishing numbers around the rim, but not sure where to get those advanced stats. Murray's a year younger too. Just doesn't have the dunks though. 

Agreed that Murray, Mitchell, and Jokic would be awesome, though. The Nuggets would have had to move one of those three guards though, which obviously would be an okay alternative too of course. It's too bad.

I tell Nuggets fans this too that are upset - the Nuggets didn't have Paul Millsap at the draft. Their starting PF was Faried so I totally respect getting Lyles. The Lydon pick still made no sense though, like wtf. If only OG made it one more damn spot man. SMH 

I don't see Harris ever being an all star. Going to be a consistent 17-18 point scorer in the league that's solid defensively.

Mitchell is a completely different animal than Harris, or will be soon. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't see Harris ever being an all star. Going to be a consistent 17-18 point scorer in the league that's solid defensively.

Mitchell is a completely different animal than Harris, or will be soon. 

He's improved significantly every year and is a highly efficient 17ppg scorer that's 23. I'd say possible, even if it's not likely due to the nature of his game. The lack of love league wide for Harris is pretty wild tbh. 

49 minutes ago, champ11 said:

He's improved significantly every year and is a highly efficient 17ppg scorer that's 23. I'd say possible, even if it's not likely due to the nature of his game. The lack of love league wide for Harris is pretty wild tbh. 

I respect him plenty, but his ceiling isn't what Mitchell's nor Murray's is. That's clear to see. But no shame as he is plenty good regardless.

To be honest, the lack of love for Mitchell on this board is pretty wild tbh....lollll

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I respect him plenty, but his ceiling isn't what Mitchell's nor Murray's is. That's clear to see. But no shame as he is plenty good regardless.

To be honest, the lack of love for Mitchell on this board is pretty wild tbh....lollll

I showed him love as soon as he started showing out in the beginning of the season. Dudes talent and potential is unreal. Pretty easy to see he’s going to be great 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm honestly not questioning Harris' ceiling anymore lol he's gotten so much better every year than I thought he was. Fair though lol. Social media can't get off of Mitchell so maybe this is just or refuge

Josh Jackson (season): 11.7 ppg, 4.3 reb, 1.3 ast, 0.5 blk, 0.9 stl on 41/27/62 shooting

Josh Jackson (January): 14.5 ppg, 4.8 reb, 1.5 ast, 0.4 blk, 0.5 stl on 44/32/74 shooting

Josh Jackson (February): 17.7 ppg, 6.5 reb, 1.7 ast, 1.1 blk, 0.8 stl on 45/27/68 shooting

*sideeyeemoji*

@MightyMouse07 he has a chance but he'll need to keep up his level of play and hope Kuzma, Markkanen or Tatum falter. He'll also have to hold off Josh Jackson who is playing great in 2018 and the hype machine of Lonzo Ball.

My All Rookie 1st team as of right now

G Ben Simmons
G Donovan Mitchell
F Jayson Tatum
F Kyle Kuzma
F Lauri Markkanen

2nd team

G Dennis Smith Jr
G Lonzo Ball
G Bogdan Bogdanovic
F Josh Jackson
C John Collins

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Any chance of BB8 making rookie first team?

Post all-star he is shooting 47/46/100 (only 2 a game) with 15.7/3.7/3.1

Possible Rookie First Team Players:

Ball

Tatum

Mitchell

Simmons

Kuzma

Jackson

Ah, all 4 games post-All Star.

Markkanen and Bogdanovic are easy choices over Ball and Jackson.

Archived