• LB Jamin Davis, Kentucky
    • LB Zaven Collins, Tulsa
    • FS Trevon Moehrig, TCU
    • WR Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
    • WR Kadarius Toney, Florida
    • WR Elijah Moore, Ole Miss
    • RB Travis Etienne, Clemson
    • RB Najee Harris, Alabama

This is tough board, but I don't think it's THAT tough. You pick Zaven Collins and put him at SLB and he adds extra flexibility as a third down pass rusher. He's a tier above Jamin Davis in my eyes. Jamin Davis is a one year wonder production wise and he's getting overhyped due to his pro-day workouts (which were impressive).  Zaven Collins won the Bronko Nagurski award for a reason. It's an impressive list and more often than not, those award winners are good pros. There are some MLB prospects in round 2 or 3 and luckily we have a lot of draft picks.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't think that will be how the board shakes out.

I think we will move up for a blue chipper.

But if it does?

That yelling you will hear in the background, will be me yelling "trade down".

Because that's what I would do. Pick up and extra 3rd, or more.

Somebody’s gotta want to trade up though

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

This is tough board, but I don't think it's THAT tough. You pick Zaven Collins and put him at SLB and he adds extra flexibility as a third down pass rusher. He's a tier above Jamin Davis in my eyes. Jamin Davis is a one year wonder production wise and he's getting overhyped due to his pro-day workouts (which were impressive).  Zaven Collins won the Bronko Nagurski award for a reason. It's an impressive list and more often than not, those award winners are good pros. There are some MLB prospects in round 2 or 3 and luckily we have a lot of draft picks.

Agreed. I was going to say something similar but frankly you can’t say anything better than this!

I guess I'm alone in having my #2 being Tevin Jenkins? I like his nastiness (and it plans for the future with Moses maybe being let go).

I still voted for Collins, just because even at 265, we need the LB help.

EDIT: I see you, @THESKINSFAN21. I see you.

Edited by Woz

8 hours ago, Woz said:

I guess I'm alone in having my #2 being Tevin Jenkins? I like his nastiness (and it plans for the future with Moses maybe being let go).

I still voted for Collins, just because even at 265, we need the LB help.

EDIT: I see you, @THESKINSFAN21. I see you.

Tevin is a great prospect for either guard position or RT. I don't see him as a LT and thus the problem. I don't hate the prospect at all... just maybe for us right now. 

20 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I went with Collins think he a big faster better in coverage then Bostic and would be great behind our Dline,Specifically on Pass plays where his height and instincts keeep him near the line where he could pick some of the tipped batter balls by Sweat and Payne.

Follow that cab the Collins one.

I'm really scratching my head at this poll results.  I like Zaven Collins as a player but he really doesn't fit what we need on defense.  At Collins size he's probably an ideal OLB for a 3-4 defense.  Yes he's athletic, but I do not think he has the short field quickness that we need at the linebacker position.  We need someone who can play excellent coverage.  Collins needs to go to a team that is looking for another pass rusher from the linebacker position, or even come down on 3rd downs and put his hand in the dirt.  We don't need that either.  I assume you guys that voted for Collins wanted a linebacker, if you wanted one Jamin Davis would have been a better fit for our needs IMO.  

On 4/28/2021 at 2:13 PM, ovfd55 said:

I went with Collins think he a big faster better in coverage then Bostic and would be great behind our Dline,Specifically on Pass plays where his height and instincts keeep him near the line where he could pick some of the tipped batter balls by Sweat and Payne.

Farley would be my #2 choice

3 would be a toss up between Davis and Cosmi as I think both could be Elite player but think there floors are to low for 19 as well.

john c reilly yes GIF

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Tevin is a great prospect for either guard position or RT. I don't see him as a LT and thus the problem. I don't hate the prospect at all... just maybe for us right now. 

Except Washington kind of needs to start thinking about about their RT of the future.

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Except Washington kind of needs to start thinking about about their RT of the future.

So you take a back up RT over a starter right away in another position?

Seems like the McCloughan strategy when he took Josh Doctson! Worked out great!

I agree we could address the position but if you take an OT you’d want one who’s good enough to start over Lucas this year or be his replacement next year. I think Jenkins is a G or RT, I don’t think he’s a for sure LT. Not the guy I would take with our 1st round Pick. Give be the starter in another position or someone who will see the field a lot as a rookie.

I’d take a RT prospect in round 2 or later.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So you take a back up RT over a starter right away in another position?

Seems like the McCloughan strategy when he took Josh Doctson! Worked out great!

I agree we could address the position but if you take an OT you’d want one who’s good enough to start over Lucas this year or be his replacement next year. I think Jenkins is a G or RT, I don’t think he’s a for sure LT. Not the guy I would take with our 1st round Pick. Give be the starter in another position or someone who will see the field a lot as a rookie.

I’d take a RT prospect in round 2 or later.

I'd look to move Moses to LT and Jenkins to RT.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I'd look to move Moses to LT and Jenkins to RT.

Very true, I did like how Moses played last year at LT but then again I like how Lucas played there too. I’ve said this before, I’m fine with our current OL situation and actually our depth along the OL positions too which I don’t think I’ve said this century about our depth.

Now if we don’t re-sign Lucas or Christian bc he hasn’t improved after this year then we’ll have to do something at LT unless Charles proves enough where he could be the guy there.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

Very true, I did like how Moses played last year at LT but then again I like how Lucas played there too. I’ve said this before, I’m fine with our current OL situation and actually our depth at the position too which I don’t think I’ve said this century about our depth.

My point was (and now most likely moot) they should be planning for the future instead of waiting until they have no choice. Moses' contract expires after the 2022 season.