The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

Just now, BackinBlack said:

man who the hell were we rumored to trade up for??
Did someone joke about taking Alex because he played for bama and we panicked a little?

Everyone joked we’d take Leatherwood because of being at Alabama, 3 Year Starter, and Late 2nd Round Talent. Heck, even in Charlie Campbells mock, those are the exact reasons he lists, nothing to do with Leatherwood’s actual play. 

Then, we actually do pick him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It’s time for Jon and Mike to make an aggressive move for once in their lives. 

Go. Get. Fields. 

They probably won’t though. We’ll draft Alex ****in Leatherwood with Fields, Parsons, Darrisaw, and Moehrig all available. 

Close enough. 

Mayock said Leatherwood gonna start right tackle day 1. I wouldn’t accept anything less

no matter what I don’t want to hear anything about we don’t have an impact player at any level next year if the defense doesn’t play well. I also don’t want to hear we need to get better at rushing the passer

Edited by Jeremy408

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Mayock said Leatherwood gonna start right tackle day 1. I wouldn’t accept anything less

Has he played RT?  I have read about him maybe moving to guard or at least that is where he should play.  As far as I know he only played LT and RG.  Maybe Cable the mastermind can help him smoothly transition to RT like he did with Parker.

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mentioned it in another thread but I feel like we were going to go after AVT, but the Jets traded up in front of us unexpectedly and we panicked.

Yep, we had no backup plan, just like Terrell last year. Pathetic, really. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Sounds like they plan to move up in the second and take somebody who fell out of the first round. 

Are you taking that from the Mayock presser? I didn't get that impression. Moreso they'll do their homework on what trading up costs. I personally would love a trade up though.

• Like 1