Tebow gets contract with Jags

Chops013

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Do I need to remind u of the strength coach of Iowa fiasco?

Do I need to remind you that he was only removed after it was reported players voiced concerns with Urban over the hiring?

So I’ve seen people losing their mind about the idea of someone currently on the Jags 90 man roster being cut for Tebow.

I kind of went down the rabbit hole on the Non-Football Injury designation, which is what Dylan Moses will reportedly be on. If the Jags designate him as “Reserve/NFI” then he won’t count against the 90 man roster so the Jags could in theory add Tebow without having to cut anyone.

Edited by Chops013
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The News subforum thread was closed, so stay tuned for the Tebow haterade to spill over to the Jags forum.

Hopefully they all go to the comparisons thread instead. 

19 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I also think it's misleading and disrespectful to compare Tim Tebow to Chris Doyle. 

why can Tebow have a shot and Kaepernick can't?  It's stupid to sign a 30+ year old who has 0 experience as a te ever and hasn't played since the jets fiasco.  

How about Marquette king who's an elite punter but yet no one gives him a shot.  

If I'm a player on the jags and I see my hc trying to bring his boy in who has 0 business in even getting a nfl contract I'm telling baalke to trade me or cut me.  

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

why can Tebow have a shot and Kaepernick can't?  It's stupid to sign a 30+ year old who has 0 experience as a te ever and hasn't played since the jets fiasco.  

If I'm a player on the jags and I see my hc trying to bring his boy in who has 0 business in even getting a nfl contract I'm telling baalke to trade me or cut me.  

the Kaepernick comparison is not applicable considering the position change and the fact Kaepernick would not come back at this point for a vet min contract. 

Marquette King is out of the league because he defied coach's orders as a punter. He was lucky to get the second chance he did, but struggled switching his punting style to match what the Broncos wanted. How does he have ANYTHING to do with Tim Tebow though?

If Jags players really have this much issue with Tebow being signed, Urban probably won't do it. 

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

the Kaepernick comparison is not applicable considering the position change and the fact Kaepernick would not come back at this point for a vet min contract. 

^^^ this is something people are completely choosing to ignore. I was completely in favor of signing Kap in 2017. And it’s clear that outside factors that we can’t really discuss on the forum were at play in him not getting to continue in the league.

But this is wholly different. Kap has no role on a football team outside of being a Quarterback and a guy who can do some speed gadget plays.

Tebow is maybe being offered a shot to play Tight End in camp on a team that doesn’t have a single viable player at the position for a guy he did some of the move TE responsibilities for before.

It’s a combination of extreme need, no viable options available at the moment, the low risk of a role as a camp body, the unknown potential, the health factor, the familiarity with concepts, (yes) nepotism and other stuff. Heck, maybe even the spotlight on the move has some part of it too. All of that came together for this to be considered. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

If Kap’s college HC became the coach of an NFL team who had no viable options at QB, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kap get a call. 

This is a unique situation in that the one man in the entire universe (sans Uncle Buck) who would give 34 year old Tebow a shot is here and is going to do it. Urban has a huge hard-on for Tebow. He’s gonna try to kick the tires and has a somewhat reasonable excuse to do so since Tebow is willing to play TE and we have no TEs. 

Edited by JiffyJag

1 hour ago, JiffyJag said:

If Kap’s college HC became the coach of an NFL team who had no viable options at QB, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kap get a call. 

This is a unique situation in that the one man in the entire universe (sans Uncle Buck) who would give 34 year old Tebow a shot is here and is going to do it. Urban has a huge hard-on for Tebow. He’s gonna try to kick the tires and has a somewhat reasonable excuse to do so since Tebow is willing to play TE and we have no TEs. 

There's no tight ends cuz urban and baalke were sitting on the toilet while Everett and Henry were both signed not to mention trading a guy who had some potential(no one can deny that) for nearly a conditional 7th and a conditional 7 isn't worth not taking a chance on him even with his durability problems. 

Since we have no tight ends it would make more sense to sign a guy who's got some te experience.  U want an older dude go sign ex-jag killer Delanie Walker. 

lol Delanie Walker hasn't played since 2019 and has played a total of 8 games since 2017.

Josh Oliver had his own durability concerns. He has 3 career receptions for a total of 15 yards. If he turns out great for Baltimore then that's fantastic for him, but he's far from a sure thing and I get wanting to move on from him and his uncertainty.

As far as vet TEs go, there really isn't anyone available right now that would 100% definitively add more to our roster than JOS does. It's not worth getting upset over not having signed any of these Old Yeller TEs because at the end of the day whether it's Tim Tebow, Delanie Walker with a walker, or Jesse James it's all the same thing: a fringe roster TE battling to make it onto the roster over young developmental TEs.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

a guy who had some potential(no one can deny that)

Seems you had no problem denying his value when the trade was made. 🤷‍♀️

I do find it somewhat amusing that every single year, people are complaining mid-season that the team doesn’t have a Tight End who can catch because every single guy they bring in is a walking injury report that inevitably gets injured. But the moment that they decide not to waste their time on the guys who can’t stay healthy, suddenly it’s white hot rage that they refuse to bother signing guys who can’t stay on the field.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Marquette King is out of the league because he defied coach's orders as a punter. He was lucky to get the second chance he did, but struggled switching his punting style to match what the Broncos wanted. How does he have ANYTHING to do with Tim Tebow though?

If Jags players really have this much issue with Tebow being signed, Urban probably won't do it. 

So what what with Marquette King? I dont know that name or anything about him defying orders?