Day 2 targets

beardown3231

Just now, abstract_thought said:

As nice as it would be to add a capable OT, I trust Leno far more than Trufant as a starter.

Maybe the Bears can make a deal for a veteran CB. They have to do something to address that position.

Don't forget they also re-signed Artie Burns and both he and Tre Roberson are returning after missing last season.

Not expecting either of those guys to take over the starting spot opposite JJ, but just pointing out that they do have some veteran options there along with Trufant.

This combined with their already big investment in the front 7 is why I think we may see them target CB a little later than round 2 but I wouldn't be upset if they decided to go there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

This is what he should do unless there's an absolute steal that falls to 52.  We need more quality depth.

Ideally would like to get a 4th round pick back and then come away with a OT, WR and CB in no particular order in rounds 2-4.

Beat me to it! If we drop from 52 to 56, it's worth a 4th round pick. 

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

Beat me to it! If we drop from 52 to 56, it's worth a 4th round pick. 

I think that would be a quality move given the talent that should be left on the board...would have no issue moving down even a bit more and taking Eskridge if it meant a bit more of a return or even a 2022 pick added in.

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Hopefully we see the opposite of the top of the 1st round and all those teams that went offence come back and go defence at the top of the 2nd...lots of defensive talent but I hope we have zero interest in that...give me a tackle in the 2nd and WRs in the 3rd...ideally...

2nd...Jenkins/Cosmi

3rd...Eskridge/Brown

Then try and move Foles for a 5th an use that on the top DB on the board...use the 6th for value/role players and call it a draft.

I'd be somewhat surprised if we could unload Foles right now.  Our best shot seemed to be sending him back to Philly but they went with Flacco instead.  Maybe they can get a 4th or 5th for Miller but as deep as this draft is in WR even that seems somewhat doubtful.

IMHO the top target in the 2nd should be an OT and hope we get lucky enough that a couple of QBs and a few top defensive guys will push some OTs farther down the board.  We don't really have much if anything to trade up with in either round.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Don't forget they also re-signed Artie Burns and both he and Tre Roberson are returning after missing last season.

Not expecting either of those guys to take over the starting spot opposite JJ, but just pointing out that they do have some veteran options there along with Trufant.

This combined with their already big investment in the front 7 is why I think we may see them target CB a little later than round 2 but I wouldn't be upset if they decided to go there.

According to the pre-draft scuttlebutt CB offers very limited value on day two.  That may be why Pace stocked up on them by assuring he got Burns and Roberson back and also brought Joseph back.  So there's quantity but not anywhere near the quality it will take to replace Fuller.

Without any current ammo to trade up in either round Pace is gonna need to play his BPA hand again and take his highest grade player in both round 3 and 4.  Trading back for a 4th or a 5th seems likely as well.  The move up for Fields was well done but here's where he really earns his keep.

If the top OTs and WRs are gone before our pick as I suspect they could be I would love to trade back and pick up some of the next tier OTs...

Spencer Brown...Northen Iowa

Stone Forsythe...Florida

Tommy Doyle...Miami (Ohio)

I personally like Doyle as a development guy later in the draft...I think Forsythe is a little light on power at the next level...really intrigued with Brown...think he could play LT but is also solid run blocker...

Get Eskridge at WR then a CB and this could be a special draft.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If the top OTs and WRs are gone before our pick as I suspect they could be I would love to trade back and pick up some of the next tier OTs...

Spencer Brown...Northen Iowa

Stone Forsythe...Florida

Tommy Doyle...Miami (Ohio)

I personally like Doyle as a development guy later in the draft...I think Forsythe is a little light on power at the next level...really intrigued with Brown...think he could play LT but is also solid run blocker...

Get Eskridge at WR then a CB and this could be a special draft.

Stone Forsythe after a small trade back would be .... NICE

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No idea why but if I am putting money on our pick I am going for Rondale Moore...I think the size will put a lot of teams off but his explosiveness could really fit with us and with other players off the board I could see us taking a shot on him.

I'd trade up For Cosmi or Jenkins. 

Get Smith-Marsette in the third. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'd trade up For Cosmi or Jenkins. 

Get Smith-Marsette in the third. 

Congrats Heinz.  Ya' got your wish.  👍

It took some balls on Pace's part to trade away his 3rd round pick but damn if your gonna do it then do it all the way and get it right.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 2