Day 2 targets

beardown3231

Hopefully we see the opposite of the top of the 1st round and all those teams that went offence come back and go defence at the top of the 2nd...lots of defensive talent but I hope we have zero interest in that...give me a tackle in the 2nd and WRs in the 3rd...ideally...

2nd...Jenkins/Cosmi

3rd...Eskridge/Brown

Then try and move Foles for a 5th an use that on the top DB on the board...use the 6th for value/role players and call it a draft.

• Like 1

I love Eskridge-WR as a player, but I didn't realize he's already 24yrs old.....  Drops him on my board a bit.

Ditto Brady Christianson-OT... also 24....

We need DEEP threats, and speed at WR to take advantage of Fields' strength on the downfield ball.

And we need OL.... Plenty of guys in both spots (WR AND OL) that should be easy to snag.....  I'd add for OL, I'm MOSTLY talking OT, but also a guy like Quinn Meinerz at OG I could be happy about

I'd add, I'd also be willing to take Javonte Williams-RB if he fell to us as well..... He and Montgomery combined would be the best backfield in the NFL, let alone with Damien Williams and Cohen this season as change of pace guys.

You might also see us go Corner, though I admittedly haven't really researched the day 2 guys for that position.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

OT

Teven Jenkins

Sam Cosmi

Dillon Radunz

Liam Eichenberg

Jalen Mayfield

WR

Elijah Moore

Rondale Moore

Terrence Marshall Jr

Any of those guys along with Fields in the 1st and this is an A+ draft straight off the bat.

I like all these guys. I’d also add Tylan Wallace and Amari Rodgers to the WR list. 

Jahns seems to expect the Bears to trade back into round 2 after making their first 2nd round selection

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I like all these guys. I’d also add Tylan Wallace and Amari Rodgers to the WR list. 

Jacksonville will take Rodgers to make it Clemson south ;)

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Jahns seems to expect the Bears to trade back into round 2 after making their first 2nd round selection

Could be. Chemistry early for a young QB is super important. Wouldn’t shock me to see them target Powell either. Damn shame for us that Chris Olave went back to college. 

The OL talent is still strong.

As much as I think we need a CB, I think everything now is about the QB.

Both times Pace has moved up in round 1 he has moved down in round 2, so we could see more picks added.

Dream Scenario

2. OT, Jenkins, Radnuz, Forsythe

3. WR Dyami Brown

If Jenkins and Cosmi are off the board then I'm trying to trade down if I'm Pace and recoup an extra pick in the 4th/5th

I'd then look to target a guy like WR Terrace Marshall.  This guy has a lot of 1st round traits and the HWS ratio you want in a top WR, but a foot fracture has him sliding a bit.

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The OL talent is still strong.

As much as I think we need a CB, I think everything now is about the QB.

Both times Pace has moved up in round 1 he has moved down in round 2, so we could see more picks added.

Dream Scenario

2. OT, Jenkins, Radnuz, Forsythe

3. WR Dyami Brown

I agree, we need to stick with whatever CB we get in the later rounds and focus on the OL and add another WR. If we can get a future LT and a playmaking WR we would be in a great spot. Clearly with the Fields pick, Pace and Nagy have plenty of time left on their contracts. Let's try to make some long term decisions. 

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think you mean trade down in round 2:

16 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think you mean trade down in round 2:

This is what he should do unless there's an absolute steal that falls to 52.  We need more quality depth.

Ideally would like to get a 4th round pick back and then come away with a OT, WR and CB in no particular order in rounds 2-4.