With the 91st pick, the Browns select Anthony Schwartz

zelbell

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Being good at something doesn’t make you a good teacher.  It’s fun for fans to pretend this is somehow going to make him an incredible route runner or something, but that’s not really how it works.

I am probably exaggerating sure. I remember Ricardo Louis saying how excited he was to have Josh Gordon back  so he could learn from him. Josh Gordon I'm assuming had little to offer anyone in teaching, be big, but move like you are small, be fast the fastest person in the nfl, have hands the size of buckets. 

Jarvis has got to where he is because he has perfected his technique and put a huge amount of effort in. If even that runs off on him, perfect feet placement and work like your life depends on it then his impact will be worth while. Andrew Hawkins schooled all our rookie wide receivers in 2016, he spoke highly of only one of them, Higgins. Higgins is the olny one left in  the league, because he became more like Hawk in the way he works. 

The proverb states as iron sharpens iron as man sharpens man. It's not like AS will be like Jarvis as a player, but rather the better version of AS, and o think that is what I am excited about, a 4.25 guy who works at it, and learns from a great worker. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Between running routes with a rookie and the 6 million @AkronsWitness would pay him for cheering real hard and talking ish to Ravens/Steelers players, he’s almost a bargain at this point even if he doesn’t play, amirite?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47os581lnml9pt1814eq

And yall want to get rid of this man because he makes too much....smh

Edited by AkronsWitness

Yesh.

Exclude all receptions that didnt get a td or a 1st down and were caught within 3 yards within the los and that list looks a lot different. His quality of reception is a lot lower than all those guys. Depth of target, 1st downs and tds a lot lower.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yesh.

Exclude all receptions that didnt get a td or a 1st down and were caught within 3 yards within the los and that list looks a lot different. His quality of reception is a lot lower than all those guys. Depth of target, 1st downs and tds a lot lower.

Prepare yourself for some really basic arse rebuttals.

”more receptacles then cris Carter”

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Prepare yourself for some really basic arse rebuttals.

”more receptacles then cris Carter”

If you take away everyone on the list who averages less than 12 yards per reception the list is the same but Jarvis is gone. 

Magic mike

"Exactly my point"

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

If you take away everyone on the list who averages less than 12 yards per reception the list is the same but Jarvis is gone. 

Magic mike

"Exactly my point"

Well his role is that of a slot/possession WR so he is not asked to run downfield routes to have a 12+ yard per catch average

His Y/G, Catch% and Y/TGT are all higher than Edelmans averages and people are wondering if that dude is getting in the HOF.

$15m/yr is too much but 9-10m/yr would be well worth what he brings. People just to really need to get past the fact that Jarvis is not a outside X WR.

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well his role is that of a slot/possession WR so he is not asked to run downfield routes to have a 12+ yard per catch average

Name an easier role to fill than a possession guy who plays primarily in the slot with poor speed?

His Y/G, Catch% and Y/TGT are all higher than Edelmans averages and people are wondering if that dude is getting in the HOF.

because of his POSTSEASON numbers paired with his rings. Jarvis has neither of those going for him.

Hell, neither would Edelman had he wanted top of the market cash tbh.  He’d have been moved on from just like Welker was before him and Deion Branch before him.

$15m/yr is too much but 9-10m/yr would be well worth what he brings.

agreed, this is what most people are saying. he’s gonna get restricted or cut if he refuses in ‘22.

People just to really need to get past the fact that Jarvis is not a outside X WR.

Everyone understands that, that’s why he’s not worth 15 a year...

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol you and tmntmike with the same logic 😂 

He must be better than all of those guys then in your estimation, right?

I think hes a helluva lot more important to the offense than most are giving him credit for. Is he better than Julio/Adams/Hopkins? No. But is he a vital part of this offenses success that will be much harder to replace than people make it seem? Yes.

Reading this message board you would think we could just slide Hodge into Jarvis' role and boom all good because we saved some money everything will be fine

Edited by AkronsWitness

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He isnt capable of doing that at high volume. That separates him from the rest.

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

$15m/yr is too much but 9-10m/yr would be well worth what he brings. People just to really need to get past the fact that Jarvis is not a outside X WR.

Yes.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Name an easier role to fill than a possession guy who plays primarily in the slot with poor speed?

because of his POSTSEASON numbers paired with his rings. Jarvis has neither of those going for him.

Hell, neither would Edelman had he wanted top of the market cash tbh.  He’d have been moved on from just like Welker was before him and Deion Branch before him.

agreed, this is what most people are saying. he’s gonna get restricted or cut if he refuses in ‘22.

Everyone understands that, that’s why he’s not worth 15 a year...

I think it is far easier to fill the X Wide WR role who can run downfield and make 50/50 balls than it is to find a WR as good as Jarvis/Edelman are at their roles.

Who are the top 5 slot WRs in Landrys role in the NFL? Who are the top X WRs in the NFL? The gap between the slot WRs is MASSIVE compared to the gap at outside WR.

Just like its incredibly more tough to find a elite nickle CB compared to a outside CB. Nickle CBs have to cover RBs, TEs and WRs along with having to cover a far bigger route tree than outside CBs do. Its the same concept with WRs.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I think hes a helluva lot more important to the offense than most are giving him credit for.

Who isn’t giving him credit?  We agree on his salary value.  It just so happens it’s 2/3 of what he’s actually making.

Is he better than Julio/Adams/Hopkins? No. But is he a vital part of this offenses success that will be much harder to replace than people make it seem? Yes.

Idk, I guess we’ll see 🤷‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He isnt capable of doing that at high volume. That separates him from the rest.

Yes.

And Julio Jones would be terrible if he was asked to run the routes Jarvis does from the slot. 2 completely different WRs that have 2 completely different strengths.

Jarivs is e.l.i.t.e at getting open, running routes in short space, finding holes in zones, making contested catches and YAC.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think it is far easier to fill the X Wide WR role who can run downfield and make 50/50 balls than it is to find a WR as good as Jarvis/Edelman are at their roles.

Who are the top 5 slot WRs in Landrys role in the NFL? Who are the top X WRs in the NFL? The gap between the slot WRs is MASSIVE compared to the gap at outside WR.

Just like its incredibly more tough to find a elite nickle CB compared to a outside CB. Nickle CBs have to cover RBs, TEs and WRs along with having to cover a far bigger route tree than outside CBs do. Its the same concept with WRs.

Oh wow... Possession slot guys and nickel corners are the HARDER roles to fill?

Anyone else wanna co-sign this?