With the 91st pick, the Browns select Anthony Schwartz

zelbell

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

They probably split reps would be my guess. They are different types of receivers as well, so they may both be on the field together at times. If Landry and OBJ are gone after this year, we might be looking at our future #2 and #3 receivers--would want to spend a high pick on a WR1 next year if we lose both. 

Dpj/obj/higgins have a fair bit of cross over imo.

Landry has his own skill set, and I can see Schwartz taking over some of his roll with end arounds 

17 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Dpj/obj/higgins have a fair bit of cross over imo.

Landry has his own skill set, and I can see Schwartz taking over some of his roll with end arounds 

Unless OBJ had a leg amputated or something his skillset is crazy different than the other two. I mean, honestly those are weird combos to pick within the WR corps. Landry/Higgins are probably the two most similar (in the right place, best on medium and shorter routes, rapport with Baker, not amazing athletes), and then Peoples-Jones is more of a traditional boundary WR, Schwartz is a pure burner, OBJ (when healthy) is the swiss army knife.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Read somewhere that Schwartz is our this year's DPJ in that he came from a crappy system with a crappy QB.

I watched some of his game highlights and bo nix certainly over threw him a couple of times. To me his speed is a little inconsistent, sometimes he looks world class, others just ordinary fast

One thing that stood out to me in the endless film study I did on the Schwartz is several times I noticed him beating his man Nix reading that and Nix’s oline letting him down and busted play ensued. 

What do we got?  Don’t know, speed and rawness.  Oh and Stefanski seemed like we got a steal where we drafted him. 

18 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

One thing that stood out to me in the endless film study I did on the Schwartz is several times I noticed him beating his man Nix reading that and Nix’s oline letting him down and busted play ensued. 

What do we got?  Don’t know, speed and rawness.  Oh and Stefanski seemed like we got a steal where we drafted him. 

His production was certainly average. What berry said is that his best football is a head of him, which tentatively agree with. 

Where he ends up is a huge question. Like a mike Wallace or some tyreek hill types seasons. Or still effective but not that good overall.

23 hours ago, bruceb said:

Read somewhere that Schwartz is our this year's DPJ in that he came from a crappy system with a crappy QB.

I actually have higher hopes for Schwartz, though they definitely both came from garbage offenses.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I actually have higher hopes for Schwartz, though they definitely both came from garbage offenses.

Just remember if Schwartz went to osu or Alabama he would not have lasted to us.

So being raw is a good thing look how much Jones improved last year. 

2nd point what I like in wr is that they catch the over the shoulder then hit the Jets because that is the toughest catch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

His production was certainly average. What berry said is that his best football is a head of him, which tentatively agree with. 

Where he ends up is a huge question. Like a mike Wallace or some tyreek hill types seasons. Or still effective but not that good overall.

I think he is our version of Perriman. Fast cat that Baker will utilize. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:18 PM, FGK said:

Unless OBJ had a leg amputated or something his skillset is crazy different than the other two. I mean, honestly those are weird combos to pick within the WR corps. Landry/Higgins are probably the two most similar (in the right place, best on medium and shorter routes, rapport with Baker, not amazing athletes), and then Peoples-Jones is more of a traditional boundary WR, Schwartz is a pure burner, OBJ (when healthy) is the swiss army knife.

Still waiting for OBJ to do what he does best, whatever that is. He seems less like a Swiss army knife in our offense than a single blade knife that we can't figure out how to use. Sure if we stab at things enough he will eventually get some cutting done but it's been very sloppy and dangerous. We all know where Higgins excels, we know Landry's bag of tricks, DPJ was clear as a rookie and we'll see if he expands on that year 2 and we can even guess what Schwartz's role will be and know what to do to make him effective.

No clue on OBJ. Drops a lot of the short routes. Hasn't been able to separate on intermediate routes. There is usually help on the deep routes. Honestly OBJ has been best behind the LOS either throwing the ball or running. I dunno, he is certainly in a group by himself when it comes to roles just because he doesn't seem to have a defined one.

On 5/12/2021 at 7:50 PM, bruceb said:

Bruce - are you trying to say that _ichigan's offense blows chunks?

Color me shocked....

Edited by brooks1957