๐Ÿˆ Pick #143 is in: S, Tyree Gillespie, Missouri

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Abram hasnโ€™t shown to be able to stay healthy. Getting a guy who can back him up with a young guy with some potential is a good decision instead of relying on a washed vet like Heath or KJ.

Speculation obviously but maybe Gus Bradley isnโ€™t all that impressed with whatโ€™s he seen on Abram.ย 

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Speculation obviously but maybe Gus Bradley isnโ€™t all that impressed with whatโ€™s he seen on Abram.ย 

Or maybe Bradley recognises the importance of depth given what happened ย to James at the Chargers.ย 

Have to wait and see I guess.ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

That could always be correct but I feel like Abram was on the short list of guys that were not touchable. And if that was the case you would probably want to get his replacement earlier in the draft.ย 
ย 

Iโ€™m holding off judgment on Abram until Gus gets his hands on him. Heโ€™s the reasons why you would bring in a coach like him.ย 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I'm in the middle. He has flashed top-level safety play and made horrible undisciplined mental mistakes. If he plays well, great. If he doesn't, good to have a contingency plan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm in the middle. He has flashed top-level safety play and made horrible undisciplined mental mistakes. If he plays well, great. If he doesn't, good to have a contingency plan.

This is actually one of the reasons why I wanted Carlo's bathroom and the third round in case Ferrell doesn't pan out

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Flashing mixed with horrible mistakes is the profile of an average to bad player. This is what every average to bad player in the league plays like. Great players make very few mistakes, many plus plays. Good players make a few good plays, always seem solid. Average players are mostly solid, not many plus plays. Anyone who makes bad mistakes often is straight out a bad player, regardless of the good.ย Raider fans typically can't see or accept this. Abram, thus far, is an absolute bust of a first rounder. It's as if when you view each player then our defense sounds like it would be great. But noone seems to have a rational explanation as to why we are a bottom 5 defense yearly. Surely none of these guys can be nearly as good as Raider fans would make it sound like they are. Abram is a wreck of a pick thus far.

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

Flashing mixed with horrible mistakes is the profile of an average to bad player. This is what every average to bad player in the league plays like. Great players make very few mistakes, many plus plays. Good players make a few good plays, always seem solid. Average players are mostly solid, not many plus plays. Anyone who makes bad mistakes often is straight out a bad player, regardless of the good.ย Raider fans typically can't see or accept this. Abram, thus far, is an absolute bust of a first rounder. It's as if when you view each player then our defense sounds like it would be great. But noone seems to have a rational explanation as to why we are a bottom 5 defense yearly. Surely none of these guys can be nearly as good as Raider fans would make it sound like they are. Abram is a wreck of a pick thus far.

He has only played 1 year really at safety for us. I will give him this year with Bradley and the staff.ย If he can't make significant improvement, he's outta here.

But you can't deny he has top tier physical talent for the position. Which is why I want to see what he can do this year. Again, if he can't get it done, I'm with you 100%. But I tend to give draft picks 3 years to fully evaluate them.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

He has only played 1 year really at safety for us. I will give him this year with Bradley and the staff.ย If he can't make significant improvement, he's outta here.

But you can't deny he has top tier physical talent for the position. Which is why I want to see what he can do this year. Again, if he can't get it done, I'm with you 100%. But I tend to give draft picks 3 years to fully evaluate them.

ย I still think Abrams has a chance to be really good in this defense but if not I think this other guy can be really good too lol