2021: 05.154 - Jets select CB Michael Carter

Bianconero

MC2 is pretty decent. If he wasn't sort, I'd imagine he would be picked a little higher. He's well balanced. He could rotate at safety and NB in this defense if he's good enough to play. At the very least, he's a boost on special teams with his speed and ability to finish the tackle. 

• Like 1

Just now, rickyt31 said:

MC2 is pretty decent. If he wasn't sort, I'd imagine he would be picked a little higher. He's well balanced. He could rotate at safety and NB in this defense if he's good enough to play. At the very least, he's a boost on special teams with his speed and ability to finish the tackle. 

Ricky, stop speaking truth and start freaking out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Would you compare him to Ashtyn Davis? Or is he more of a Guidry type?

Just now, SDotNova said:

Would you compare him to Ashtyn Davis? Or is he more of a Guidry type?

My only problem with Davis was he wasn't good when it came to run defending but had nice coverage range coming out. MC2 seems to be right in the middle. Someone his size really isn't supposed to have 28 deflected passes without being a great athlete. Most of his coverage highlights are in Man-to-Man coverage. It's not that he can't play man, but at his size, it's really impressive. 

Looking over everything, I think he has a shot if we don't resign Poole at the NB spot. He can play man, has guidry speed, and tackles well. It's hard to expect a 5th round pick to compete early, but I like his tape. It's just his height. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

My only problem with Davis was he wasn't good when it came to run defending but had nice coverage range coming out. MC2 seems to be right in the middle. Someone his size really isn't supposed to have 28 deflected passes without being a great athlete. Most of his coverage highlights are in Man-to-Man coverage. It's not that he can't play man, but at his size, it's really impressive. 

Looking over everything, I think he has a shot if we don't resign Poole at the NB spot. He can play man, has guidry speed, and tackles well. It's hard to expect a 5th round pick to compete early, but I like his tape. It's just his height. 

I thought Shaun Wade would have been a better pick if we are looking for slot CB competition. 

35 minutes ago, xrade said:

I thought Shaun Wade would have been a better pick if we are looking for slot CB competition. 

Wade got killed once when he was on an island though. Wade is solid, but I feel better about MC2 right now. I'm still trying to find a true weak spot.