NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Steve Young is one of the greatest running quarterbacks in the history of football, but at the age of 25 Lamar Jackson is about to equal Young’s entire career rushing production.

Young retired with 4,239 career rushing yards. Jackson already has 4,124, which means he could top Young’s total as soon as Sunday’s game against the Browns, and will almost certainly surpass Young’s total within the next few weeks.

That would put Jackson at No. 5 in NFL history for career rushing yards by a quarterback. At No. 4 in NFL history is Russell Wilson, who has 4,785 yards and counting in his NFL career. Jackson is likely to catch Wilson, perhaps as soon as this year but more likely next year. Wilson is still adding to his career rushing total, but he’s doing so more slowly, averaging just 16 rushing yards a game this season.

At No. 3 in NFL history is Randall Cunningham with 4,928 yards, a total Jackson could top this year or next year as well. That would leave just Cam Newton (5,628 yards) and Michael Vick (6,109 yards) ahead of Jackson on the all-time list

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/20/lamar-jackson-closing-in-on-steve-youngs-rushing-total-top-5-ever-for-a-quarterback/

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

I was today years old when I learned Christian McCaffrey is the son of Ed McCaffrey.

I knew that immediately when he came into the league.  I haven't watched him enough though to see if he runs like him, since Ed, while not swift, was pretty adept at route-running.  

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Funny, I just posted in another thread that teams should be more willing to do this kind of thing! The Panthers were going nowhere. Getting more picks is the right move. 

I agree. Seems like a steal for CAR, and a HUGE risk for SF. They don't have a top 150 pick next year and a massive question mark at the most important position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

I agree. Seems like a steal for CAR, and a HUGE risk for SF. They don't have a top 150 pick next year and a massive question mark at the most important position.

Ya, that was more than I'd give up for an oft injured player.....but trades make sense.

Like, what if the Vikes dealt a DL and a mid round pick for a (even incrementally) better DL? That would make sense for both teams.