NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It amazes me how dumb some of these owners truly are.

The Raiders were actually on the right path with Reggie McKenzie and Jack Del Rio, but it’s been nothing but gaffe after gaffe since.

But...it was Jon Gruden, Steve!  Dontcha know, he was the bestest.  He was gonna take em to the title until that Goodell guy interfered!

Seriously, while McKenzie did make significant progress in cleaning up their cap situation, a lot of his decisions were still a little questionable...not nearly as bad as Mayock after, but outside of drafting Mack and Carr in 2014, there wasn't much to write home about.  That franchise has been pretty much a mess since the late 80s, except for the brief run when Gannon was QB.  

23 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Well, at least he doesn't have to pay for his food any longer.

But, none of this surprises me.  The Bidwills have had cover by Dan Snyder for 25 years.  This is really a team that should have still been in St. Louis if it weren't for them. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

The Davis family continues to be the biggest hinderance of the Raiders’. 

I saw this take on Twitter and it hit the nail on the head, announcing a firing at 10pm of not just your head coach, but also the GM screams impulsive decision. And those impulsive decisions are Davis family tradition. 

While there will always be someone willing to take a HC or GM job, you can’t help but wonder who would want to take the job next? 

I keep seeing people being up the top candidates, like Ben Johnson. But why would a top candidate go there knowing the history of Davis? 

48 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I keep seeing people being up the top candidates, like Ben Johnson. But why would a top candidate go there knowing the history of Davis? 

Especially since he knows little to nothing about football...unlike his father.