NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

I'm not fully surprised, since the new GM didn't hire him and is a 49ers disciple, not a Patriots one.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go within the division and hire Slowik, who he worked with in SF and is Ryans' OC in Houston. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Vrabel and the Titans agreed to amicably go their separate ways, I have to think it’s because Vrabel believes that the New England job will open up. 

I don't think it was amicably. The report says he was fired. 

15 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I don't think it was amicably. The report says he was fired. 

It depends upon the definition of "amicable."  I don't think there are necessarily any hard feelings.    Vrabel will most certainly get another opportunity elsewhere because he's highly regarded within the NFL circles. 

10 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Does Vrabel being fired make it more likely that they'll move on from Levis?

They certainly could, but I think that would be a mistake. Levis belongs. He definitely had some clunkers, but that TN offense isn't exacly the '98 Vikings. If Tennessee wants to move on, I'd be happy if the Vikings traded this year's and next year's 2nd round picks to get him.

11 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Does Vrabel being fired make it more likely that they'll move on from Levis?

Doubtful. Levis was more likely a decision made by their new GM than Vrabel. That GM is now going to hire “his guy” as the next head coach. I would guess that the ahead coach will be brought in with a plan for Levis. 

This makes it less surprising. We’ve been hearing for the last 2-3 years that any year could be the year Carroll walks away from the sideline. He is 72, after all.

I got to believe that Dan Quinn immediately becomes the favorite. 

Edited by SemperFeist

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Is it really though? He’s 72. It was inevitable. Just a matter of when I feel like for the past few seasons.

He's 72 in age, 62 in attitude.  🤣

Older than Bill, but certainly doesn't act like it. 

I still believe it is surprising because he still had them on the cusp of a playoff appearance...while Quinn would certainly be the obvious replacement...so was Jim Mora, Jr replacing Holmgren...and that proved to be a mistake. 

If I were in that position, I'd look to someone with a fresh perspective, not someone who basically thinks exactly the same.  It can certainly work doing that, but it could also just be spinning wheels. 

Edited by swede700