NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

32 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

So…the New England Patriots just spent the 3rd overall pick on a QB, and now they are interviewing GM candidates?

in an attempt to find a junction for their dysfunction, yes.

Earlier this year, Commanders rookie defensive tackle Jer’zhan “Johnny” Newton had surgery to repair a partial Jones fracture in his foot. He now needs surgery on the other foot.

Via JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington, Commanders coach Dan Quinn said Saturday that Newton needs surgery to repair the same injury, different foot. The procedure is scheduled for next week, and Quinn declined to provide any timelines for Newton’s return.

Newton was the 36th pick in the 2024 draft. He was an All-American in 2023 and a two-time All-Big Ten selection. He played six games with the other injury last year.

It’s unclear whether the Commanders knew that Newton needed surgery before he was drafted.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/commanders-rookie-johnny-newton-needs-foot-surgery

i watched some of the Netflix roast of Tom Brady tonight.... gawd, it's bad.

not very funny jokes told by guys who don't know how to tell jokes.

Randy Moss spoke for awhile. the schtik written for him was that he was with the Patriots for three years and there was a scandal before he came and after he left, so why wasn't he allowed to cheat and win a Super Bowl when he was there?

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

NFL/Vikings Trivia:

JJ McCarthy was chosen 10th in the 2024 NFL Draft, he joins one other former Michigan QB as first round picks. who was the other QB?

Rick Mirer

On 5/11/2024 at 8:46 PM, vike daddy said:

i watched some of the Netflix roast of Tom Brady tonight.... gawd, it's bad.

Appearing on The Pivot podcast, Tom Brady admitted that he regrets doing the roast because of the impact it had on his children.

“I liked when the jokes were about me,” Brady said, via Zack Sharf of Variety.com. “I thought they were so fun. I didn’t like the way they affected my kids. It’s the hardest part about . . . like the bittersweet aspect of when you do something that you think is one way and then all of a sudden you realize I wouldn’t do that again because of the way that it affected actually the people that I care about the most in the world.”

Although Brady’s kids were off-limits in the supposedly no-hold-barred event, Brady’s ex-wife reportedly was miffed about the jokes. Which surely impacts the children they share. Brady also was ribbed for leaving Bridget Moynihan while she was pregnant with his oldest child.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tom-brady-regrets-being-roasted

yeah, it was really bad. a lot of lude jokes about Giselle and her new partner that weren't in any way subtle. it wasn't sexual innuendos, it was full on gross sexual humor.

• Like 2