NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, swede700 said:

The Freeman McNeil/Al Toon/Ken O'Brien era is back...

I love those. When I first started watching football in the 2nd or 3rd grade, the Jets were my second favorite team behind the Vikings because I loved the uniforms. Was a big Ken O'Brien guy lol.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I love those. When I first started watching football in the 2nd or 3rd grade, the Jets were my second favorite team behind the Vikings because I loved the uniforms. Was a big Ken O'Brien guy lol.

I certainly wasn't a fan of the Jets, but I did love Freeman McNeil. 

• Like 1

The deals for Jefferson, Lamb, and Chase are going to be interesting. The WR market sure seems to be plateauing. 

I still expect Jefferson to get top non-QB money, but I think it’s going to be closer to $35M than $40M per year. 

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

With Tomlinson and now Whitehair signing contracts, my guess is Risner won't be signed until after the draft. 

This means we likely lose a 3rd round comp pick.

We were likely never getting a comp pick for Risner at all.  When he wasn't signed last year until the season had even started, that likely tells you everything you need to know about how teams in the NFL view him. 

• Like 4

OTC has Risner valued at ~$3.3M, with each day that passes I think he gets closer to that number. Maybe his change in agent helps increase that number. I'm not sure why he appears to be "blackballed" I'm surprised he's unsigned.

Perhaps he is overvaluing himself compared to what teams value him at? That is the only thing I can think of. If memory serves I don't think he allowed a sack last year?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

With Tomlinson and now Whitehair signing contracts, my guess is Risner won't be signed until after the draft. 

This means we likely lose a 3rd round comp pick.

you're a wee bit fixated with comp picks this last month or so....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Given the last two years, I think this site values Risner much more than the league....

I don't know.  Maybe, but a bit over $3MM doesn't seem out of line for Risner.  It's possible that Risner isn't willing to sign for that amount at this point in the offseason.  He would probably sign for that amount later on if he doesn't get a better offer.

• Like 2