NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

33 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I just don’t think that you do him or Wilson any favors by putting them in the same locker room.

I guess I don't really care about the bruised egos of QBs.  If a team coddles QBs you get Aaron Rodgers with his BVDs in a bunch when GB drafts Love.  I don't think Tomlin is a coddler. I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

I guess I don't really care about the bruised egos of QBs.  If a team coddles QBs you get Aaron Rodgers with his BVDs in a bunch when GB drafts Love.  I don't think Tomlin is a coddler. I could be wrong.

It’s not so much about the QBs’ egos so much as it is dividing a locker room. You’re bound to get players that are going to gravitate towards each QB. If the team is 5-4 but solidly in the playoff hunt, and Wilson is playing reasonably, there might still be a faction of players, and certainly press, that are going to espouse that Fields should be given a chance. I just don’t see any positive outcome with them both in the QB room. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

It’s not so much about the QBs’ egos so much as it is dividing a locker room. You’re bound to get players that are going to gravitate towards each QB. If the team is 5-4 but solidly in the playoff hunt, and Wilson is playing reasonably, there might still be a faction of players, and certainly press, that are going to espouse that Fields should be given a chance. I just don’t see any positive outcome with them both in the QB room. 

What's the difference between Fields and Wilson being in the same QB room and Sam Darnold and a rookie drafted in the top 4 picks of the 1st round?  

3 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

What's the difference between Fields and Wilson being in the same QB room and Sam Darnold and a rookie drafted in the top 4 picks of the 1st round?  

One has a fragile ego and the other doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

Wilson has an ego, has actually had success and has won a Super Bowl. Fields has been a starter for three seasons. 

Darnold is a bust. A rookie hasn't shown anything.

It's a huge difference. Team chemistry counts. Teams and players wouldn't harp on it so much if it didn't. 

Edited by wcblack34

5 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

Wilson is trying to resurrect his career. Fields is trying to resurrect his career. You have two QBs fight for the same place in line. 

Darnold may be trying to resurrect his career, but he’s also already been given that chance and has moved into accepting a backup role. But more importantly, a rookie comes in with a long career ahead of him. He isn’t fighting for a place in line. He’s already got a table reserved. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised that they didn't wait to trade him until after the draft at this point.  Maybe a team that missed out on a quarterback would have given him a chance. I suppose teams wouldn't trade for him even after drafting a mix round QB

On 3/15/2024 at 5:07 PM, wcblack34 said:

But you have to pick up his fifth year option by May 2. So, if Wilson is playing well, then Fields doesn’t play. If he doesn’t play, then you committed to his fifth year without ever seeing him on the field. That will be at least 22 million.

They're not going to pick up his 5th year option.  No one in their right mind would.

• Like 1