NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

48 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

which teams reshaped themselves the most following Day 1 of free agency?

Homer answer, but the Vikings did a heck of job today. They stood their ground on the Cousins front, ridded themselves of Davenport, signed 3 starting defensive players and signed a decent bridge QB. Kwesi is definitely cooking. Can’t wait for more! 

• Like 1

Get ready for the decriminalization of ayahuasca.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., who is running for president as an independent, has confirmed to Rebecca Davis O’Brien of the New York Times that Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is at “the top of his list” for Vice President, along with former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura.

Kennedy told the Times that he has been talking “pretty continuously” to Rodgers over the past month. A representative for Rodgers did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Times. Kennedy is expected to name his running mate in the coming weeks.

It’s hard to imagine Rodgers balancing running for Vice President with, you know, his job. He’s the starting quarterback of the Jets. Football season starts in September. The election is on November 5. It’s hard to fit projects like running for the second-highest office in the land in with preparing to face the Bills on Thursday Night Football.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-rodgers-at-top-of-list-to-be-running-mate-with-robert-f-kennedy-jr

let's please refrain from discussing the lunacy of modern politics and candidates, but we can surely discuss the lunacy of Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Get ready for the decriminalization of ayahuasca.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., who is running for president as an independent, has confirmed to Rebecca Davis O’Brien of the New York Times that Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is at “the top of his list” for Vice President, along with former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura.

Kennedy told the Times that he has been talking “pretty continuously” to Rodgers over the past month. A representative for Rodgers did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Times. Kennedy is expected to name his running mate in the coming weeks.

It’s hard to imagine Rodgers balancing running for Vice President with, you know, his job. He’s the starting quarterback of the Jets. Football season starts in September. The election is on November 5. It’s hard to fit projects like running for the second-highest office in the land in with preparing to face the Bills on Thursday Night Football.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-rodgers-at-top-of-list-to-be-running-mate-with-robert-f-kennedy-jr

let's please refrain from discussing the lunacy of modern politics and candidates, but we can surely discuss the lunacy of Aaron Rodgers.

I saw a tweet yesterday from some guy who predicted this exact scenario in March of last year.  🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Rodgers has always been pretty good at his job. He can't do much worse than what we've had recently if he got a new one.

You'd be surprised.  That "new job" is immensely more difficult that it even was 20 years ago...and not just anyone can do it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You'd be surprised.  That "new job" is immensely more difficult that it even was 20 years ago...and not just anyone can do it. 

c'mon guys. i have trust in you that this tidbit of news will create response about Rodgers, not little comments about the job or who has it.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

c'mon guys. i have trust in you that this tidbit of news will create response about Rodgers, not little comments about the job or who has it.

Oh, we know.  🤣  All I know is that A-Rodg certainly isn't qualified for it.  And even though Jesse's gone a little nuts since I voted for him way back when, he's immensely more qualified than A-Rodg.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

According to multiple reports, the Chargers are releasing wide receiver Mike Williams. The move will clear $20 million of cap space and help the Chargers get under the cap for the start of the league year.

Williams was limited to three games during the 2023 season because of a torn ACL, but he’s been a productive receiver when healthy throughout his seven seasons with the team. That should lead to a market for him even as he comes off the injury, but Rapoport notes that the Chargers will be open to a return if it should work out in the future.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chargers-will-release-mike-williams

I'm not going to post about it, any quotes at all or even the link to it, but there is an article on awfulannouncing.com about just how far Aaron Rodgers has gone down the rabbit hole on conspiracy theories...it's even worse than we could have imagined. 

The only thing I will actually quote is the last sentence, which is one of the most true things as I've thought for a long time..."If nothing else, living your life as if EVERYTHING is a conspiracy just sounds depressingly exhausting."

Edited by swede700

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not going to post about it, any quotes at all or even the link to it, but there is an article on awfulannouncing.com about just how far Aaron Rodgers has gone down the rabbit hole on conspiracy theories...it's even worse than we could have imagined. 

hoo boy, i just read the whole thing...

he's whacked. he's deranged. i can see why his girlfriends leave him after they get to know him better.

• Like 1