NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

On 5/26/2024 at 1:00 PM, vike daddy said:

In the NFL’s ongoing quest to bring American football to the entire world, Paris and Dublin are among the cities that are being evaluated to potentially host future games.

Henry Hodgson, general manager of the NFL’s UK office, told the Irish Times that the league is looking at several cities to determine whether they have a suitable stadium to host the NFL and a fan base that would be enthusiastic about attending NFL games.

“There’s a feasibility study, as we would call it, in a number of different European cities and Dublin is one of those,” Hodgson said. “Looking at the stadiums, taking local meetings . . . we’ll take away all of that information, digest it and determine what the next steps are. That’s something that’s happening in Dublin, it’s happening in Paris for example, and a number of other cities around the world as well.”

This year the NFL is playing three games in London, one game in Munich and one game in Sao Paulo. Next year Madrid will host a game, and Mexico City is expected to get back into the mix. The league has also indicated that Australia could host a regular-season game. International games continue to draw big crowds paying high prices for tickets, and the time zones can give the NFL the ability to open new broadcast windows for games that kick off at unusual times but can still draw big ratings in the United States. It’s easy to see why, from the league’s perspective, increasing the number of international games is an ongoing priority.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-considering-paris-and-dublin-as-future-hosts-for-regular-season-games

Until it's the Vikings in Stockholm again, I don't really care where else they go. 

Interesting . . . Nico Collins just signed an extension for 3 years and up to $75M.  50-something guaranteed.  

Is 4 yrs for JJ worth twice that (or so)?   I say yes.  Super in-the-know fans are saying the Vikes would've been sitting at $80-90M cap space in '25 even if we'd signed Hunter or Cousins.   Anyone know what the real cap space is now?

If it's north of $110M, I suspect they have Jetts pretty much locked up.   Darrisaw and Risner should be next unless they truly believe LG is solved.  

Posted (edited)

The Vikings are sitting at ~$65M in cap space, if the cap stays the same. We all know that’s highly unlikely. After the higher than expected cap raise in 2024, I don't think anyone has a good read, yet, on where to expect the 2025 cap. 

It’s only a matter of time before Jefferson and the Vikings ink a deal. My guess continues to be later in July, right before training camp. I’m still expecting something in the neighborhood of 5 years, $180M with $125M in guarantees, and a $70M signing bonus.

Risner isn’t coming back, barring an injury. 

Barring a very team friendly deal, Darrisaw will likely see his big contract next year. 

Edited by SemperFeist

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s only a matter of time before Jefferson and the Vikings ink a deal. My guess continues to be later in July, right before training camp.

his birthday is June 16, that's my target date.

he'll be all of 25.

13 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Darrisaw and Risner should be next unless they truly believe LG is solved.

If the Vikings thought there was a reasonable chance Risner would be a starter for them they would have given him a tender offer. Shoot, if they even wanted him as a backup they should have given him a tender.

It appears the team is looking for something else. The contract they gave Brandel doesn't scream that the team has confidence in him as a starter. I don't know what they have in mind there. They could be using hope as a strategy as the previous GM did all too often with the offensive line.

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Holy crap! How sad. 

Maybe the best player at his position I’ve ever watched. 

He just used to maul the Vikings defensive line every time.