Week 7 GDT: Panthers @ Bears

blkwdw13

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

My concern with how we are limiting Trubisky is that it is so short sighted...I know Fox is fighting for his job but this is not setting us up for any kind of long term success.

It did work for Big Ben so I’m not totally opposed to it. He’s still learning.

5 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Also, i know people are going to hate MT10 only throwing 7 passes, and how we won regardless of his play, but this seems like a game that MG8 would have had at least 1 turnover. We've won the last two games because we have won the turnover battle. IMO that's why we made the switch from MG8 to MT10

Agreed, but almost everyone here knew Glennon was garbage and Trubisky was better, makes no sense to start Glennon at all if you're basically handing the ball off 80% of the time.,

We tried to win on Glennons arm for the first several games, now we have completely neutralized a more talented QB. Loggains has lost it. lol

The other thing I would say about Trubisky is the gameplan is killing him...every team knows we are running on 1st & 2nd...meaning they are then teeing off on him on 3rd down...you have to mix it up a little to give the guy a chance...I don't remember seeing many roll outs today (outwith the one he nearly scored on) and not a single true bootleg...this is the kind of things you need to do with a rookie QB and frankly at this point we are letting the kid down.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

The other thing I would say about Trubisky is the gameplan is killing him...every team knows we are running on 1st & 2nd...meaning they are then teeing off on him on 3rd down...you have to mix it up a little to give the guy a chance...I don't remember seeing many roll outs today (outwith the one he nearly scored on) and not a single true bootleg...this is the kind of things you need to do with a rookie QB and frankly at this point we are letting the kid down.

Exactly. Play we should be doing RPO's with him, especially with the defenses coming down so hard on the run. RPO's screens, slants, a safe dump off with Cohen, etc. We should be able to have 1-2 receivers attack the intermediate game and a TE and HB as safety net.

The playcalling is making it harder on ALL the offense.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Exactly. Play we should be doing RPO's with him, especially with the defenses coming down so hard on the run. RPO's screens, slants, a safe dump off with Cohen, etc. We should be able to have 1-2 receivers attack the intermediate game and a TE and HB as safety net.

The playcalling is making it harder on ALL the offense.

I think the OL as much as anyone...our ZBS is all about getting guys on skates...but defenders are smart and know that we are running on early downs so don't try and penetrate...instead they stack making it tougher to move them then shed...then on 3rd down they don't need to play the run and are getting a jump on those guys...I think we have seen basic offences work in the NFL before...prime example is Jim Harbaugh who does nothing fancy...but scared offence never works.

So at this rate, even if Trubisky plays the rest of the season he'll only have 3-4 games worth of 'real' QB experience so he'll be going into 2018 as a near-rookie, instead of a full on rookie.

Kind of a high price to pay to let Fox commi to saving his job by stunting Trubisky's growth.

With 4 or so sacks on Trubisky, it's not like Fox is keeping Trubisky out of harm's way either.

Well, at least the kid is 2-0.

Archived