2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Just now, R T said:

I'm also guessing that Woods has a fair chance of being a Packers, but I don't think there will be a rush by teams to draft him because of his age. He is coming up on his 24th birthday and if all things are equal most will go with a younger player. 

I mean, he tested through the roof.  He's going to be in hot commodity regardless of his age.  You don't see guys that big test that well.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, he tested through the roof.  He's going to be in hot commodity regardless of his age.  You don't see guys that big test that well.

I guess it depends on what you mean by hot commodity. Green 19 guessed 3rd or 4th round, are you suggesting something different with your hot commodity comment? There is history of large TE's that tested elite and yet didn't exactly have the college production to back it up and being drafted. 

1 minute ago, R T said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by hot commodity. Green 19 guessed 3rd or 4th round, are you suggesting something different with your hot commodity comment? There is history of large TE's that tested elite and yet didn't exactly have the college production to back it up and being drafted. 

Honestly, I think middle of the second round is his peak spot.  I don't think he goes any higher then that.  He was more productive then Coby Fleener was coming out of Stanford, and both outproduced at the Combine.

Zach Kruse -  Georgia WR George Pickens really checks a lot of boxes for the Packers in the first round.

– 21 years old
– RAS of 9.33
– Plays top need position
– Tall/fast/physical He's like the Eric Stokes of this class. Fits everything they want. Just isn't mentioned in top tier of WRs

• Jake Morley -   WR1 for me

WR needy teams?
Packers - Obviously.
Bears - Lost Robinson making Mooney their WR1 and the depth behind him isn't great.
Colts - Need someone alongside Pittman
Browns - OBJ and Landry not on roster
Jets - Got Moore but question marks behind him. They're heavily involved in the trade market for a marquee WR.
Patriots - Literally got no wideouts worth their salt
Houston - Other than Cook have little depth
Titans - Gave up on Jones and will look for another to pair with AJ Brown
Falcons - Jones, Gage and Ridley gone
Saints - I wonder if they want to move on from Thomas because if they do then their WR room is atrocious.
Cardinals - Other than Hopkins don't really have anyone worth of note.
Steelers - Lost Juju and Washington so they will be looking to reload. Are they happy with Claypool? maybe they will want to see how he does with a stronger armed QB.

Rumored to be interested in more WRs
Cowboys - Their name keep popping up in potential trades/draft rumors despite having already having Lamb and Gallup.
Chiefs - Despite acquiring JuJu and MVS, there are noises that they are intent on acquiring an additional WR piece for Mahomes.
Lions - They're missing that WR1 to go with Amon Ra and Hockenson but they do have Chark.
Seahawks - Depends on what they what to do with Lockett and Metcalf
49ers - I sort of wonder if they're fully satisfied with their WR group. Their offence can and should be alot more potent.
Eagles - There's chatter that they're looking for a WR. I can see it if they're ready to give up on Reagor.

Edited by Chili

I reckon with one of our first round picks it will ultimately come down to between Burks or Pickens.

Burks is a culture fit and possibly scheme fit. BTW a nice little article on him down below:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story/_/id/33670524/nfl-draft-2022-meet-treylon-burks-wild-boar-hunter-first-round-prospect

Pickens is a Gute type WR with elite measurables. Greg Cosell says had he benefited from a full season he would've been the no.1 WR in the draft and there's a realistic possibility a player of that quality could fall to us. That's hard to pass up.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chili said:

Man! I thought I had more time than that. I really need to step up my draft research.

studying-reading.gif

Also Lol love it 

I suck hard this year and know less than I normally do… which probably isn’t saying much. 

Couple questions/comments if anyone feels like helping

Ojabo’s deal.. injury concerns take him off the board?  

Draft visits are interesting. Salyer looks like the quintessential OL Packers pick. 

What don’t I know about DeMarvin Leal? He’s an Aggie. Packer pipeline. 

Also Khalil Shakir. 

Edited by festiveonion