2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Get where you are coming from but that's no way to run a draft.  Can't reach for need.  It will bite you in the butt every time.  1st round picks are extremely valuable.  Bypassing a superior talent in favor of a WR would be a mistake.  Really only guys I'd take in the 1st round are Olave and Wilson.  Williams won't be able to contribute this year.  We don't have the luxury of burning a first on a guy that can't contribute right away. Pickens has question marks as well.  Like I said they all have warts.  London maybe but questions on whether he can separate in the NFL.  Burks?  

Rest assured Gute will be drafting WR's.  My guess is probably 3 of them.  Watson, Pickens, or Pierce in the 1st would be a horrible reach IMO.  Sure he has a group of guys he's targeting.  His board probably looks a whole lot different then what we are all seeing.  Think he'll nab 2 guys Rounds 2-4.  Might trade up in the 2nd to get one of his top targets.  

After following the draft so many years he'll most likely end up taking guys that leave us all scratching are heads . People will be complaining because we passed on player X.  I'll trust the Packers scouting dept.  Gute is the master of trading around to get his guys.  Sure he'll manipulate the board and do what is necessary.  We may not all like the guys he picks but only time will tell.  They have far more information about these players than we do.  

One last comment.  Adams, Jennings, and Nelson.  Nobody was talking about those guys in the forums at the time either.  Pretty much all of those picks came out of left field. They turned out OK. 

If your intent was to actually respond to my comment, this is way too long and off the mark.

I didnt propose moving up.

You think drafting Pickens at 28 is a reach? Fine. Point noted. If it is - I dont think it's much of one and you secure the talent. If you can draft back a few slots and still nab him? Fine.

The goal (IMO) is not to lose the talent by dicking around.

I didnt suggest GB move up at all. I'd be fine picking the Greek Freak at 22 and Pickens at 28. It has a nice feel to it. Two primary positions IMO and good talents. I like it. Make it happen Gute 👍

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

If your intent was to actually respond to my comment, this is way too long and off the mark.

I didnt propose moving up.

You think drafting Pickens at 28 is a reach? Fine. Point noted. If it is - I dont think it's much of one and you secure the talent. If you can draft back a few slots and still nab him? Fine.

The goal (IMO) is not to lose the talent by dicking around.

I didnt suggest GB move up at all. I'd be fine picking the Greek Freak at 22 and Pickens at 28. It has a nice feel to it. Two primary positions IMO and good talents. I like it. Make it happen Gute 👍

Better re read what I said.  I didn't suggest that you said to move up anywhere in my post.  My issue with your post is bypassing on the better player and drafting for need.  This is exactly what you suggested.  As far as moving up if you actually read what I said is that Gute may move up in the 2nd round to secure one of his top WR prospects that is all.  

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jameson will.

No he won't.  Dude is a few months removed from an ACL.  You draft him you are looking at a red shirt year.  Just like Bak would be back to start the season last year.  Heard a lot of that chatter floating around. This is a major injury.  10 months.  Even then guys don't regain their form for more like 18 months. He'll miss all of training camp.  No reps and he'll just by magic come in and ball out in December?  

If you try to throw the notion out that he'll be ready by training camp forget it.  Not going to happen.  Sure his camp will suggest that to try to keep his draft stock up.  Don't believe it for a second.  You draft him it's a red shirt year plain and simple.  

Edited by Scoremore

Just now, cannondale said:

LOL - and you're basing that on what ?

You're not drafting the kid for the first few weeks of his career.

You're drafting the talent - for a five year run - and if you can afford him, beyond. 

Dont draft him - pass on it - because he's "not gonna be up to speed immediately" - you're passing up the remaining five years...and beyond.

I think that stupid. You dont. Fine. Neither of us are running the draft - but I suspect SOMEBODY's gonna buy into that five year bargain - probably before we make a pick at 22.

They'll judge the talent worth having. IMO - the kid's got Tyreek Hill kind of burst. He can find a seam and disappear.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

You're not drafting the kid for the first few weeks of his career.

You're drafting the talent - for a five year run - and if you can afford him, beyond. 

Dont draft him - pass on it - because he's "not gonna be up to speed immediately" - you're passing up the remaining five years...and beyond.

I think that stupid. You dont. Fine. Neither of us are running the draft - but I suspect SOMEBODY's gonna buy into that five year bargain - probably before we make a pick at 22.

They'll judge the talent worth having. IMO - the kid's got Tyreek Hill kind of burst. He can find a seam and disappear.

That's fine. Let the Jets or someone else who isn't operating on a 2 year window draft him

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

LOL - and you're basing that on what ?

The Packers are going to win the Division with what they have now plus any rookies they can add.  Adding Williams whether its in Sept or Nov will have impact.   You are also drafting for the post Rodgers era.  Williams will have impact wherever he goes.  

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

The Packers are going to win the Division with what they have now plus any rookies they can add.  Adding Williams whether its in Sept or Nov will have impact.   You are also drafting for the post Rodgers era.  Williams will have impact wherever he goes.  

Starting August 2023 - and that's a pass for me

• Like 1

When, as an organization, have we ever taken the approach, IRT the draft, that we're operating under a two year window? Nothing has ever suggested that we have (or are) operated(ing) in that regard. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

Just now, cannondale said:

That's fine. Let the Jets or someone else who isn't operating on a 2 year window draft him

I just see superior talent when I look at his tape.

He was competing at the top level of college football - against the best of the very best - and what stood out was he was running away from them. What he was doing.....that's not normal. 

Oh and also - I'm not curtailing my draft selections based on AR's SB window. Been waiting around for that long enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

When, as an organization, have we ever taken the approach, IRT the draft, that we're operating under a two year window? Nothing has ever suggested that we have (or are) operated(ing) in that regard. 

Probably started the day we woke up and had zero legit WR's