2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's an incredibly pessimistic.  Everything I've read here is roughly 6-9 month recovery for a torn ACL, so even 9 months would put him back around late October, early November.

Have you met our medical staff though? Multiply the average time by 2...

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's an incredibly pessimistic.  Everything I've read here is roughly 6-9 month recovery for a torn ACL, so even 9 months would put him back around late October, early November.

Since when does it only take 6-9 months to recover from an ACL?  His camp may be floating that to up his draft stock but I don't believe it for a second.  Even 10 months is optimistic.  Puts him in December.  Dude would be a red shirt.  He's a rook coming off of a major injury.  It's red shirt.  Tell me of one player that came back and played in the NFL 6-9 months after an ACL.  It just doesn't happen.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Right. My point is I don't think we really can go wrong there. If we go EDGE, there's are immediate No. 3 guy (basically a starter). If we got OL there's a good chance it's a guy who pushes Yosh or Newman for a starting job. If we go S, there's are immediate No. 3 safety (basically a starter. If we go WR, basically a starter. If we go DL, especially a pass rusher, that's a solid get too. 

The plan should be to get four guys in that top 60 who not only help us in the future but are key contributors, whether starters or not, this season as well. 

Of course. Not arguing that. We're going to take the talent that we think fits both short and long term. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

The plan should be to get four guys in that top 60 who not only help us in the future but are key contributors, whether starters or not, this season as well.

Correct...just make sure you include Pickens in there somewhere would ya?  :)

Just now, beekay414 said:

Of course. Not arguing that. We're going to take the talent that we think fits both short and long term. 

My dream draft is still whatever combo of ED, DL, S and WR you can get with those top 4. Keep loading up the defense and hit on one WR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Where he misses training camp - starts out on the pup list - and that's the end of his season

And now you're projecting setbacks in his recovery?  Are you privy to information that nobody else here is.  Legitimately asking.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

My dream draft is still whatever combo of ED, DL, S and WR you can get with those top 4. Keep loading up the defense and hit on one WR.

Honestly, this draft is going to be nuts so I'm just a fan. A lot of us weren't sure on Stokes, since his grade was later in the draft media's eyes but we all know how that ended up.

If Karlaftis is on the board and we choose Cam Thomas, there's a reason. I'm not trying to get attached to a single prospect.

Just now, CWood21 said:

And now you're projecting setbacks in his recovery?  Are you privy to information that nobody else here is.  Legitimately asking.

No more than you are predicting he recovers way ahead of schedule gets in football shape - puts on the needed 10 lbs and can complete a training camp

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why is the ACL a problem for drafting Williams but not Metchie?

It is a problem for Metchie too.  Wouldn't draft him either.  Not signing OBJ either.  Don't get how guys are so cavalier about major injuries.  Ojabo tore his Achilles and guys talk like it's not big deal.  Ughhh...pass pass pass.  ACL is 10-12 months.  18 months to return to form.  Just the way it is.  Even then you can have set backs like Bak.  

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

No more than you are predicting he recovers way ahead of schedule gets in football shape - puts on the needed 10 lbs and can complete a training camp

Where am I projecting him ahead of schedule?  I'm with you on it being agent talk about him being ahead of schedule.  You get him back on the field ~9 months after he tore his ACL, I'd chalk that up as a win.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Honestly, this draft is going to be nuts so I'm just a fan. A lot of us weren't sure on Stokes, since his grade was later in the draft media's eyes but we all know how that ended up.

If Karlaftis is on the board and we choose Cam Thomas, there's a reason. I'm not trying to get attached to a single prospect.

Thomas would be a great fit here.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Where am I projecting him ahead of schedule?  I'm with you on it being agent talk about him being ahead of schedule.  You get him back on the field ~9 months after he tore his ACL, I'd chalk that up as a win.

So are you saying if he misses all of training camp - gets zero reps - he will see the field and have an impact in 2022 ?