2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think Ruckert is vastly underrated as a pass catcher. Kid is a SMART route runner and deceptively smooth doing it. Knows how to create space and use his body. Think he'd be a great pick for the future inline TE role. I hope we grab him and one of the more athletic types, either with a late pick or as a UDFA.

It'll be interesting to see what they do early this year. I get wanting one of the WRs (Burks, Olave, Pickens) but I think they're going to take advantage of the defensive talent early. Daxton Hill, Devonte Wyatt, Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, Jaquan Brisker, David Ojabo, Lewis Cine, Kaiir Elam, DeMarvin Leal, Perrion Winfrey, etc.

Think we'll see some combination of EDGE, IDL, DB with our first two picks and then the pass catchers/skill guys come on late day 2, early day 3. OL comes early-to-mid day 3 and then the athletic ball of clay types come in rounds 5-7 and UDFA.

Yes to Hill, Wyatt, Brisker, Ojabo, Cine, and Elam in round 1.

No to Lloyd, Dean, Leal, and Winfrey.

Travis Jones, Boye Mafe, and maybe Abraham Lucas are a few others that are possibilities.

Michael F. Florio -   Yards per route ran among NFL Draft WRs

- Christian Watson, 4.53
- Wan’Dale Robinson, 3.46
- Treylon Burks, 3.37
- Skyy Moore, 3.33
- Drake London, 3.33
- Jameson Williams, 3.03
- Garrett Wilson, 2.86
- Khalil Shakir, 2.84
- Calvin Austin III, 2.83

On 3/12/2022 at 5:53 PM, Leader said:

Michael F. Florio -   Yards per route ran among NFL Draft WRs

- Christian Watson, 4.53
- Wan’Dale Robinson, 3.46
- Treylon Burks, 3.37
- Skyy Moore, 3.33
- Drake London, 3.33
- Jameson Williams, 3.03
- Garrett Wilson, 2.86
- Khalil Shakir, 2.84
- Calvin Austin III, 2.83

Seeing Jameson Williams low on this list is surprised. He seems like such a deep threat with that’s speed

Just now, gopackgo972 said:

Seeing Jameson Williams low on this list is surprised. He seems like such a deep threat with that’s speed

To be honest, I'm not even sure what the "yards per route ran" metric even stands for.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

To be honest, I'm not even sure what the "yards per route ran" metric even stands for.

Yeah it can be tough to take it into context from the college ranks. Was it a running offense, did they have a bad QB, were there other quality receivers on the team, was he a big fish in a bad conference, etc.  I imagine we could analyze the results from prior years compared to NFL production and find little correlation.

Ben Fennell -  George Pickens film as a pass catcher reminds me a ton of DeVante Parker at Louisville... Strong handed, firm frame, explosive play X-WR. Enough route running fluidity when given space to operate. Feel, radius, body control, tracking are excellent

So from the initial set of free agency period moves in terms of priority in the draft:

- Downgrade edge defender (Preston back)
- Downgrade ILB (Campbell back)
- Probably upgrade OL (Turner gone)
- Probably downgrade DB (Douglas reportedly maybe back?)
- Upgrade WR (the market is nuts and Davante said he won't play on the tag).

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I really like Romeo Doubs from Nevada.  His pro day will be on the 21st.  I don't know what I am missing, when I watch him  because the scouting stuff all has him way down their boards.  I see a weapon.

He was not good at Senior Bowl practice, so I soured on him. He has bad hands and didn’t get a lot of separation. I’ve felt he was overrated since watching that. I haven’t watched much tape of him though.

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So from the initial set of free agency period moves in terms of priority in the draft:

- Downgrade edge defender (Preston back)
- Downgrade ILB (Campbell back)
- Probably upgrade OL (Turner gone)
- Probably downgrade DB (Douglas reportedly maybe back?)
- Upgrade WR (the market is nuts and Davante said he won't play on the tag).

Never downgrade DB.

Ever.

And add DL to the upgrades list.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You still have to have an order to these things.  Like if you're looking at a DL, a DB, and an OL with the same grade who are you taking?

I dunno, even if we re-sign Rasul, I'd still like to see a safety. At least until Amos extends or Savage improves.

34 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You still have to have an order to these things.  Like if you're looking at a DL, a DB, and an OL with the same grade who are you taking?

Probably a DL.  Look to the future just a bit.  We have Clark, he will be here for a while.  Dean Lowry is good, but a free agent after this season.  And as we continue to push money forward, can we afford to bring him back? TJ Slaton was pretty good, for a rookie.  But to rely on him as a starter, he is going to have to improve. Keke is gone, and I think Lancaster is as well.  We still have Heflin...

We already have 3 first round picks at DB, and a big investment with at least one more, and possibly decent money in Douglas too.  

And the OL has the bodies, and good coaches.  We may struggle some until Jenkins returns.

1 hour ago, TheEagle said:

He was not good at Senior Bowl practice, so I soured on him. He has bad hands and didn’t get a lot of separation. I’ve felt he was overrated since watching that. I haven’t watched much tape of him though.

I didn't see that.  I did watch his snaps vs K-State, and he looked pretty nice to me.  Looked okay against Boise State, really don't like the QB in that game.  

K-State:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5bbz9zG0BI&ab_channel=kielpro88

Boise State: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmHkJS6Pcoc&ab_channel=kielpro88