2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Again, how high can you draft a DB that barring injury isn't going to see the field?  Stokes played in 935 snaps last year, Douglas played in 680 over 12 games (963 over 17 games), and the rest of the non-Jaire snaps were a combined 959 snaps.  The previous year, Jaire played in 900 snaps so you add an additional 700 snaps to Jaire's, and you're only needing to account for ~250 snaps which is roughly the number of snaps that Rasul Douglas would have had he been under contract the entire year.  So you're effectively replacing Henry Black's ~25% of the defensive snaps.  I think that might be too much of a luxury.  I'm not opposed to it.

I wouldn't burn one of top 4 picks on a DB absent some guy falling out of the norm. Round 3 I'd be fine with it.

Rounds 1 and 2, I'm looking EDGE, DT, WR and OL in no particular order.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Again, how high can you draft a DB that barring injury isn't going to see the field?  Stokes played in 935 snaps last year, Douglas played in 680 over 12 games (963 over 17 games), and the rest of the non-Jaire snaps were a combined 959 snaps.  The previous year, Jaire played in 900 snaps so you add an additional 700 snaps to Jaire's, and you're only needing to account for ~250 snaps which is roughly the number of snaps that Rasul Douglas would have had he been under contract the entire year.  So you're effectively replacing Henry Black's ~25% of the defensive snaps.  I think that might be too much of a luxury.  I'm not opposed to it.

Absolutely depends on what the plan is with Amos and Savage long term. If you feel you're not going to get something done, there's no reason not to invest capital in a replacement if you feel the value is worth it.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Absolutely depends on what the plan is with Amos and Savage long term. If you feel you're not going to get something done, there's no reason not to invest capital in a replacement if you feel the value is worth it.

From what I've read/seen, Pitre doesn't really fit that traditional safety role.  He's a damn near ideal fit from that nickelback role.

Just now, CWood21 said:

From what I've read/seen, Pitre doesn't really fit that traditional safety role.  He's a damn near ideal fit from that nickelback role.

Wasn't particularly talking about just Pitre, just answering your question in general.

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's why you gotta hit it early. Winfrey or Jones for me if the Georgia boys are gone.

Outside of Davis (because I think Wyatt likely isn't on our board or very high up on the board), I don't think the DL is very strong.  Perrion Winfrey is probably going to be DL2 for most people that don't have Wyatt on the board, so I anticipate him going late Day 1.  Travis Jones doesn't provide enough interior pass rush to justify using a FRP on him, and I think he's off the board before our Day 2 pick.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Outside of Davis (because I think Wyatt likely isn't on our board or very high up on the board), I don't think the DL is very strong.  Perrion Winfrey is probably going to be DL2 for most people that don't have Wyatt on the board, so I anticipate him going late Day 1.  Travis Jones doesn't provide enough interior pass rush to justify using a FRP on him, and I think he's off the board before our Day 2 pick.

I think Phidarian Mathis could be in play for one of our 2nd rounders if Jones/Winfrey are both gone. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Assuming a long-term deal with Jaire Alexander is within reach, I'm not sure how the Packers can justify spending another high pick on a DB. 

I agree....and I think we need to take a moment to recognize that it seems like forever that CB was high on our draft board needs.

Maybe we've turned a corner :)