2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Just now, CWood21 said:

Yeah, but if you believed in Gary like they apparently did, it wouldn't be too crazy to pass on him.  I'll count it though.

That's the only one I remember. Now to be fair, Simmons also punched a woman in addition to having the ACL...

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Jameson @22 - London @ 28.

I'm done. Let me know when it's over :)

I did a TDN mock where it ended up London at 22 and Olave at 28.  The board was obliterated for both picks except at WR.

Just now, packfanfb said:

That's the only one I remember. Now to be fair, Simmons also punched a woman in addition to having the ACL...

Yeah, the injury concerns plus the character question marks would/could be enough for the Packers to go in another direction, especially when Gary was much cleaner.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I did a TDN mock where it ended up London at 22 and Olave at 28.  The board was obliterated for both picks except at WR.

I mean that would be a home run 1st round and I don't care what anyone says...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You know.....I could get by if that were to happen. Not certain exactly how ecstatic I'd be about it......but I guess I could survive  LOL

It's all conjecture make believe stuff.....but I'd like that mix of WR talents.

And you want to know something (?).....I'd bet AR would too.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah, the injury concerns plus the character question marks would/could be enough for the Packers to go in another direction, especially when Gary was much cleaner.

You talking about Jameson here? Injury concerns with him?
If so...how's that play with Pickens?

Just now, Leader said:

Torn ACL.  Same thing with Pickens.  There's just no track record for him.  I think we as draftniks are probably higher on him then NFL teams are.  I'm not saying he's a bad prospect, because I do really like him but the track record isn't very long.  He's got 2-ish games where he really dominated, and they were in 2020.

Just now, Leader said:

Pickens is back healthy and tested well at the combine. Jameson is in month 2 of his rehab. Probably a different analysis there. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Pickens is back healthy and tested well at the combine. Jameson is in month 2 of his rehab. Probably a different analysis there. 

Okay....thanks for that. So there's less "injury ambiguity" surrounding Pickens.
But - Jameson's got good tape....................could he lose that edge now because of the injury? Who knows.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay....thanks for that. So there's less "injury ambiguity" surrounding Pickens.
But - Jameson's got good tape....................could he lose that edge now because of the injury? Who knows.

Yea I mean I think Jameson is the clear WR 1 without the ACL. Just some guess work there to assume he comes back as the same guy.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Legitimately asking, has Gute really had the opportunity to draft a player early with significant medical concerns?

I think we passed on Simmons if I'm not mistaken. Although it is entirely likely Gary was higher on our board. 

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Think you might want to revisit some tape of his if you think he's scheme dependent.

Never said he was scheme dependent, no one runs ISO anymore. He's just not the guy who wins the route like some others in this class. If it's 3rd down and 3 with a playoff game on the line, I don't want LaFleur to have to think "what play can I call to open up London." I want him to ISO our our best guy and their best and know he'll win, like Tae did all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Would be curious to know if the Williams and Pickens ACL injury history factors into GB rankings.

One of them, Pickens, will be a full go by TC. The other is going on PUP and going to miss more than half the season based on how cautious we are with injuries. Given we are basically year to year with Rodgers, yeah, I think it factors in greatly.

How much can you expect out of a guy who missed all of rookie, summer and training camps. Has no rapport with Rodgers which we all know what that means. 

If we go Williams, I'm thinking we have a 3-year commitment from Rodgers. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

One of them, Pickens, will be a full go by TC. The other is going on PUP and going to miss more than half the season based on how cautious we are with injuries. Given we are basically year to year with Rodgers, yeah, I think it factors in greatly.

How much can you expect out of a guy who missed all of rookie, summer and training camps. Has no rapport with Rodgers which we all know what that means. 

If we go Williams, I'm thinking we have a 3-year commitment from Rodgers. 

Or we just know our team is good enough to win without him, and he'll be back by the time the games really matter.