2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with that. I think he’ll go late 1st or early 2nd. I doubt we take him as he has so much work to do as a passer but last year they loved Trey Lance so maybe they’ll take Willis.

Trey Lance and Malik Willis are a lot different wouldn’t you say? Lance is basically a Josh Allen clone. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Trey Lance and Malik Willis are a lot different wouldn’t you say? Lance is basically a Josh Allen clone. 

Trey was more like Cam then Josh. Cam and Trey are big physical runners who push the ball down the field. They use their size and Athleticism with their legs to add a dynamic when their first read or the big play isn’t there. Their games compliment to a run game. To date Josh and the Bills tend to lack the running dynamic all together. Josh pushes the ball on every level and has a cannon and can take some off and make every throw needed. Willis has a ton of Lamar. I just don’t think it’s fair to comp Willis to Lamar based on college because one was clearly a gem on the college level and one did a ton of good things for a Liberty program. But as far as stylistically Lamar and Willis have a ton of the same traits and needs coming out.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not so sure about that. I guess in size? Is that what you mean? I’m talking more about their rawness as passers and that Lance like Willis seems like a guy who’s going to have to rely on his legs a lot as a young QB.

19 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Trey was more like Cam then Josh. Cam and Trey are big physical runners who push the ball down the field. They use their size and Athleticism with their legs to add a dynamic when their first read or the big play isn’t there. Their games compliment to a run game. To date Josh and the Bills tend to lack the running dynamic all together. Josh pushes the ball on every level and has a cannon and can take some off and make every throw needed. Willis has a ton of Lamar. I just don’t think it’s fair to comp Willis to Lamar based on college because one was clearly a gem on the college level and one did a ton of good things for a Liberty program. But as far as stylistically Lamar and Willis have a ton of the same traits and needs coming out.

I could agree that Willis is a very poor man’s Lamar. They play a lot alike, but I don’t think Willis is close to the athlete that Lamar is. Lamar is like Vick as an athlete, the best two athletes who played QB in NFL history.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I could agree that Willis is a very poor man’s Lamar. They play a lot alike, but I don’t think Willis is close to the athlete that Lamar is. Lamar is like Vick as an athlete, the best two athletes who played QB in NFL history.

That’s basically what I was saying. One was a heisman trophy winner and just a lights out player and one is a pretty solid athlete who has the tools. Lamar IMO was disrespected going in the end of the first idk what his limitations were as a pure passer. Willis I think is benefitting from the overall class. He’s a pretty solid athlete himself but as you said he’s not on Lamar or Vicks level. But that’s not to say he can’t get with the right staff and surpass both of them. But I think that is completely about where he goes

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not so sure about that. I guess in size? Is that what you mean? I’m talking more about their rawness as passers and that Lance like Willis seems like a guy who’s going to have to rely on his legs a lot as a young QB.

Both were big, running capable QBs with accuracy issues. @ripsean21I don’t see the comparison to Cam at all. Cam was far more dynamic. To me, Cam was a much better and more polished QB than Lance at just about every level of play. The way I’ve always seen it is Lance and Allen are almost the same guy but that’s just me and I can be off base with that. 

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Both were big, running capable QBs with accuracy issues. @ripsean21I don’t see the comparison to Cam at all. Cam was far more dynamic. To me, Cam was a much better and more polished QB than Lance at just about every level of play. The way I’ve always seen it is Lance and Allen are almost the same guy but that’s just me and I can be off base with that. 

I agree with that. I was just thinking style of play w/ Willis & Lance being similar. After I thought about it, I did get your point comparing Lance to Allen.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think your off base. I just remember young Cam Squaring up LB’s and trucking DB’s and just being a physical runner and Lance has that. I think Allen is a better scanner and processor of the field. And his anticipation and timing are better. Cam and Lance I think rely on their arm and it’s high, low read and take off. Josh moves around but it’s typically in hopes to allow his guys to get open. I don’t think it’s a bad comp because of their programs and level of comp in college. I just always felt like Lance at NDST reminded me of Cam with the way they play.

Cam is a rare human with his build and traits. But Trey is the closest I think I’ve seen just a physical presence and powerful arm their throwing motion the way they torque their body into a throw. Two very strong guys it’s unique styles. There weren’t really any comps for Cam coming out. He paved the way with his traits. I think Lance was the first guy that I’ve really seen since cam to even have the build and arm and speed and power to impose himself on a defense. I know lower level of comp then Auburn and Florida

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Do I know that Watson is cleared to play, or just a minimal suspension?

If so, that. If not, I’d go Wilson. 

Definitely Wilson at this point if it’s possible to get him. If we know what Watson’s future will be & we can get Watson, I’d say Watson but it’s all still an unknown.

I’ve read about how so many people are in love with K Hamilton S/ND and he would be a top 10 pick maybe top 5-7. 
I’ve been watching some film/videos on Daxon Hill, guy is a player. Mocks I’ve seen going in the later part of the 1st rd. 
Don’t know if we’ll be going in that direction but he definitely someone to keep in mind. 

Between Dean, Lloyd, McCreary and for me now Hill not sure who I’d choose at this point in rd 1. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF