2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I just don’t see philly trading up for a QB if it’s not deshaun Watson, I think those picks would be better utilized to build their team. As far as Houston is concerned I’m not sure they take a QB, I think they like Mills, their roster is super thin and they need talent before they need a QB.

Carolina is the team that I think will pick the 1st QB, NY Giants are a possibility too but idk if they go that route this year.

if we trade up I hope it’s just our 1st and maybe Daron Payne if we go QB in the draft. 

We are really gonna need to upgrade the Oline too

I don’t really understand why you don’t think Philly will take a QB. Hurts is ok but he’s never going to be a Super Bowl caliber passer/type QB. He’s more good back up/Swiss Army type player like Taysom Hill rather than a starter. The Eagles shouldn’t be complacent and stand pat w/ Hurts. Now, if they trade for Watson as Lavar said, that’s different then they definitely aren’t going to take a QB.

Stories are out that Judge will be back in NY and that Daniel Jones will be their starter next year. So, I don’t think they draft a QB in round 1. If I was them I’d take a QB in the mid rounds to develop as a back up who may eventually be their next starter if Jones doesn’t improve next year.

I definitely think Carolina is going to want to take a QB, so we should trade up to get infront of them if we want Howell over waiting and taking a guy like Ridder or Willis after Carolina takes the 3rd QB Howell.

Personally I don’t see the need to upgrade the OL in round 1 as others do, to me that would be a luxury. I of course wouldn’t hate drafting an OL in round 1 bc you can never have too much talent there but I’d rather take a position of bigger need. The only way I’d have OL #2 need after QB is if we don’t re-sign Leno which I just can’t imagine us letting him walk. I think we offer him a contract like we gave to Curtis Samuel last year, 3 years $35 million.

I look at this OL & there aren’t any glaring holes even if Scherff isn’t back next year.

LT: Leno, Lucas or mid round rookie

LG: Flowers, Larsen

C Roullier, Ismael

RG: Wes S or Saahdiq Charles

RT: Cosmi

I think it’s obvious even if we are able to re-sign Lucas as our back up swing tackle that we’ll need more interior OL depth. I guess they can bring back Larsen as a back up C/G again, but they should draft another interior OL in the mid rounds as depth/development for the future. I think we’re set as starters as long as Leno is re-signed but we could use more depth especially if Lucas is gone.

Edited by turtle28

On 12/25/2021 at 6:35 PM, ripsean21 said:

Corral has what it takes mentally. He is a really really tough kid. I seriously worry like Zach Wilson last year can he hold up. He would have a ton of work because of the system he played in. But he’s def a guy that players bought in for. And for all the well Howell lost his guys Corral Lost Moore to the draft and guys were getting hurt around him plus his injuries all year. He is a guy I think guys would fight for. And I think when you watch Taylor you see this team fight. But he has limitations. I think having a guy like Terry can speed up a development. But you have to protect him and he has to protect himself

In terms of toughness, I think he has it.

But my biggest concern with him is mental, just in terms of not having seen him have to really process things. There’s just so little of that required in the offense he’s playing — the reads and the windows are all laid right out for him. He’s great at executing the script that’s laid out for him by Kiffin, but that’s just not how things work at the next level. So much more is required between the ears, and we just don’t have any data to give us any idea whether he can manage that. 

I’m not saying he can’t. I’m just saying we don’t really know. And it’s the same issue with Willis, who is operating a similarly schemed-up offense under Freeze at Liberty. Both of those guys will have to get challenged big-time in the pre-draft process to determine whether they’ve got the ability to handle the massive mental challenge of playing QB in the NFL. Even then, you still can’t be sure — being smart in the classroom isn’t the same as being able to do it under the gun with Parsons and Lawrence and Gregory bearing down on you. We just haven’t seen them really forced to do too much of that. 

• Like 2

Speaking of Willis, I think that’s the guy who might break into the conversation as the process rolls on. I just don’t see Howell or Ridder having shown enough this year to challenge Corral and Pickett at the top of the rankings. But Willis is a different case. 

His ceiling is just SO much higher than the other guys. He’s the best runner...by far. He’s got the strongest arm...by far. And people seem to love the kid. 

I don’t think he’s a very good QB right now in a few respects. But I think he’s the best bet to be a superstar. Maybe the only one who even has the potential to be a superstar. Pickett has the highest floor for me, I think the odds are strong that he’ll be at least a solid NFL QB — but Willis is the one that you can dream on.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Speaking of Willis, I think that’s the guy who might break into the conversation as the process rolls on. I just don’t see Howell or Ridder having shown enough this year to challenge Corral and Pickett at the top of the rankings. But Willis is a different case. 

His ceiling is just SO much higher than the other guys. He’s the best runner...by far. He’s got the strongest arm...by far. And people seem to love the kid. 

I don’t think he’s a very good QB right now in a few respects. But I think he’s the best bet to be a superstar. Maybe the only one who even has the potential to be a superstar. Pickett has the highest floor for me, I think the odds are strong that he’ll be at least a solid NFL QB — but Willis is the one that you can dream on.

I can see Willis being a poor man’s Lamar Jackson after a few years of development, but he’s a huge risk but I guess so is every QB in this draft. As you said, he’s got the highest ceiling out of all of them but he’s also the most boom or bust out of all of them. He’s not RG3 as a prospect, but it kind of reminds me of him where people could project him to being a great long term electric starter but he could just as easily be a bust, same w/ Lamar Jackson.

It’s a tough one, swing for the fences on Willis or take the more sure thing but not for certain thing w/ one of the other guys.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s a tough one, swing for the fences on Willis or take the more sure thing but not for certain thing w/ one of the other guys.

For me, that’s the key here. 

The part that keeps driving me back to considering Willis is that all these guys have some major question marks. And so if we’re just guessing, basically, why not take the lottery ticket with a possible million dollar prize instead of the one where the most you can win is $100k?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

For me, that’s the key here. 

The part that keeps driving me back to considering Willis is that all these guys have some major question marks. And so if we’re just guessing, basically, why not take the lottery ticket with a possible million dollar prize instead of the one where the most you can win is $100k?

Damn E there you go again turning the QB I have the most questions about and don’t want him bc of that and making a great argument into why he should be the pick bc he has the highest ceiling. I have to say, I still don’t really want to draft him bc I fear he’s more likely to bust than hit but you’ve really convinced me that taking him is the best move.

Edited by turtle28

52 minutes ago, e16bball said:

In terms of toughness, I think he has it.

But my biggest concern with him is mental, just in terms of not having seen him have to really process things. There’s just so little of that required in the offense he’s playing — the reads and the windows are all laid right out for him. He’s great at executing the script that’s laid out for him by Kiffin, but that’s just not how things work at the next level. So much more is required between the ears, and we just don’t have any data to give us any idea whether he can manage that. 

I’m not saying he can’t. I’m just saying we don’t really know. And it’s the same issue with Willis, who is operating a similarly schemed-up offense under Freeze at Liberty. Both of those guys will have to get challenged big-time in the pre-draft process to determine whether they’ve got the ability to handle the massive mental challenge of playing QB in the NFL. Even then, you still can’t be sure — being smart in the classroom isn’t the same as being able to do it under the gun with Parsons and Lawrence and Gregory bearing down on you. We just haven’t seen them really forced to do too much of that. 

I agree with all of that. I think the seniorbowl is going to boost Picketts stock. And what your saying is my major concern with Corral and Willis. But Willis has a shot to show what he can do at the seniorbowl as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree with all of that. I think the seniorbowl is going to boost Picketts stock. And what your saying is my major concern with Corral and Willis. But Willis has a shot to show what he can do at the seniorbowl as well.

I’m curious to see if Willis balls out at the SeniorBowl. We saw he didn’t do well when the level of competition was raised. 

3 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m curious to see if Willis balls out at the SeniorBowl. We saw he didn’t do well when the level of competition was raised. 

I think he will, it was obvious that when Liberty faced better competition that Willis was at a disadvantage bc the talent level around him at Liberty whether it was the OL or his receivers weren’t able to protect him or make plays for him.

I think he, Pickett and Ridder will do very well during the Senior Bowl week/game.

Ridder also has a huge chance to impress in the CFBP game vs Alabama but it’s going to be hard for him bc Alabama is much much more talented than Cincinnati but if he can make a lot of plays vs that Bama D, that will do a lot for his stock.

The only way I see Philly taking a QB in round 1 is if Corral falls to one of our picks. No way we're trading up for one.

As much as I think Hurts is super limited, he's got momentum in his favor right now and is technically a pro bowl alternate. (which sounds nice, even if it doesn't mean much).

If this were a QB class more like last years, I could see us looking to make a move, but this one kinda sucks.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

The only way I see Philly taking a QB in round 1 is if Corral falls to one of our picks. No way we're trading up for one.

As much as I think Hurts is super limited, he's got momentum in his favor right now and is technically a pro bowl alternate. (which sounds nice, even if it doesn't mean much).

If this were a QB class more like last years, I could see us looking to make a move, but this one kinda sucks.

The issue with that is this is the year you have multiple picks to move up. Sure you can wait, but then you'll be giving up future picks to trade up bc I think as currently constructed your team is like ours - stuck in mediocrity with below-average QBS, at least as passers. So, I don't see a better opportunity for you all to add a good QB prospect than this April and have them compete w/ Hurts & Minshew. 

I think Hurts is best served in a Taysom Hill role.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The issue with that is this is the year you have multiple picks to move up. Sure you can wait, but then you'll be giving up future picks to trade up bc I think as currently constructed your team is like ours - stuck in mediocrity with below-average QBS, at least as passers. So, I don't see a better opportunity for you all to add a good QB prospect than this April and have them compete w/ Hurts & Minshew. 

I think Hurts is best served in a Taysom Hill role.

oh come on now. I'm one of the least Hurts-y Eagles fans and even I can admit that he's far superior to Taysom Hill.

There's also the possibility of us ounting one of our picks to next year. None of the QBs in this draft are worth trading up for. Point blank.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

oh come on now. I'm one of the least Hurts-y Eagles fans and even I can admit that he's far superior to Taysom Hill.

There's also the possibility of us ounting one of our picks to next year. None of the QBs in this draft are worth trading up for. Point blank.

Yeah I def don't think Hurts is the answer but I am taking him 10 times out of 10 over Taysom. 

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

That wasn’t my point, my point is if you all get a good to great passer you can use Hurts in a Taysom Hill type role. Meaning, he’ll have a package. To me, Hurts can be your back up QB, he can be used as a wildcat QB, he can be used to run zone read and he can even play special teams or catch some passes.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That wasn’t my point, my point is if you all get a good to great passer you can use Hurts in a Taysom Hill type role. Meaning, he’ll have a package. To me, Hurts can be your back up QB, he can be used as a wildcat QB, he can be used to run zone read and he can even play special teams or catch some passes.

If you have a good/great passer, why would you use Hurts at all? The saints got worse as soon as they installed the Taysom Hill package. 

• Like 1