2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Hamilton ran pretty slow for a guy trying to be a top 5 pick. 

Not worried about 4.4 speed from my S. He’s got the instincts to make up for not being the fastest. He’s also playing S cause he’s not the fastest. I believe Sean Taylor was a low 4.5 guy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Not worried about 4.4 speed from my S. He’s got the instincts to make up for not being the fastest. He’s also playing S cause he’s not the fastest. I believe Sean Taylor was a low 4.5 guy

The 38” vert and 10’ 11” broad jump tells me he’s got plenty of lower body explosion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I guess its time for us to look up some Travon Walker highlights?  Lance Z did a mock and has him going 3rd to us off his exceptional combine performance. 

Dane Brugler of the Athletic had him going to the Texans as well in his mock. From what I've read, it seems like untapped pass rushing potential because he spent time inside on passing downs. Seems like best case scenario is Rashan Gary, worst case is Clelin Ferrell. I just struggle with drafting a DL who won't be a 10+ sack guy in the top 5. Maybe he's a trade down target? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I guess its time for us to look up some Travon Walker highlights?  Lance Z did a mock and has him going 3rd to us off his exceptional combine performance. 

Oooooh, this would upset me. He played on an incredibly loaded defense, surrounded by FRPs at all levels… but he never really played well, never produced on the field.

Walker had a phenomenal combine, sure. He was a starter on what might be the best collegiate defense ever assembled (ok, that was actually those Miami teams in the 90s and 00s, but this Georgia D is in the conversation). Despite all of that, the guy produced like a low end rotation guy.

Why?

Honestly, this reads like a guy who should be drafted in the 3-4th round as a developmental project - high measurables at the combine but no real production to justify anything in the top 96 picks. But it seems as if the combine is going to inflate people as it usually does.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Mcshays post combine mock has us taking Ekwonu. Lots of guys elevating him over Neal now. Thibo fell to 9th. I wouldn’t mind trading back and taking him 9th. 

Thibs at 9 would be glorious, because that would mean the Texans got a pretty nice return by jumping back six spots…

I still feel as if Neal is the better option, but I’m slowly going to be on an island on that one.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Thibs at 9 would be glorious, because that would mean the Texans got a pretty nice return by jumping back six spots…

I still feel as if Neal is the better option, but I’m slowly going to be on an island on that one.

I can see it being a situation like in 2020 where teams overlooked Tristan Wirfs a bit because he was so dominant that it was normal. Thomas and Becton had the higher ceilings and Wirfs continued to dominate like he does. The longer you look at a prospect, the more scouts tend to poke holes. Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one. 

• Like 2