2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

32 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Kippers new mock has us taking Ekwonu at 3 and Jordan Davis at 13. So we pretty much know for sure those won’t be the picks. 

I would get behind Jordan Davis at 13. A four man DT rotation of Davis, Blacklock, Collins and Lopez would shore up the run defense and create inside pressure.

16 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Maybe not in terms of motivation, but schematically I feel like Lovie could probably put Clowney in position to dominate pretty regularly. 

Motivation has been THE issue with Clowney, even before he was the #1 pick - he always had questions on his work ethic and his desire to improve, and he never really did anything to dispel those issues. Every year was supposed to be a breakout year for him, and every year he’s fallen short - introducing him to a room full of rookies is sending the wrong message.

I will take a guy like Jacob Martin - who isn’t nearly the athlete that Clowney is but plays 200% every time he steps on the field - over Clowney, who has every gift imaginable but doesn’t work to improve on those skills.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I would get behind Jordan Davis at 13. A four man DT rotation of Davis, Blacklock, Collins and Lopez would shore up the run defense and create inside pressure.

I'm really hoping someone wants to trade up to #3 and we pick up and extra 2. Then we just take the best DE available. Then scoop up Davis at 13. Although there's some nice DT prospects that should be there in the 2nd.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Hypothetical question for everyone. Let's say Hutchinson goes #1 and Hamilton goes #2. Assuming trading down is not an option, who do you go with at #3? I'm starting to get worried this is a possibility that happens to us. 

In no order, Travon Walker, 1 of of those two top Tackles, Thibodaux. I really wish the value was there to help Mills at a skill position. Better off at #13 doing that 

54 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Hypothetical question for everyone. Let's say Hutchinson goes #1 and Hamilton goes #2. Assuming trading down is not an option, who do you go with at #3? I'm starting to get worried this is a possibility that happens to us. 

Overall, and assuming Aidan is taken 1 or 2 regardless, I would rank my preferences as:

1. Draft Hamilton

2. Trade down

3. Draft Thibodeaux

So in your scenario I’d draft Thibodeaux. However, I think they will be able to trade down. Willis is currently putting on a show at his pro day and so think a team is going to try to jump the Panthers to get him or the Panthers will trade up to make sure they’re able to get him themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

I'm pretty set on Thibodeaux at 1-3 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

I really don’t see the lions taking a safety at number 2 

I’m not a fan of Hamilton at 3. Not that I hate him as a player because I don’t but I have several red flags for taking him number 3

1. he’s a safety. The guy he would be replacing was a 3rd round pick. Number 3 overall for a safety had better become the best safety in the league and I don’t see that with Hamilton 

2. his 40 time was really slow. 4.6 is not elite speed and I want that from a safety I’m taking at 3rd overall. 

3. he’s large. 6ft 4 is almost too big for a safety. I’m not totally convinced he won’t  be playing linebacker at some point. 

4. he’s not really injury prone but did have a significant knee injury this season. I don’t have all the info on that though so it’s just a yellow flag for me. 

if we take him at 3, I’m gonna hope for the best and give him a fair chance. I just don’t see him being BPA or Biggest Need at pick 3. 

33 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

I'm seeing a couple of mocks that have him going there. A lot of people throw around the Sean Taylor comp. If you're getting that, then you for sure take him that 2

The only way I see that happening is if Jax picks Hutchinson - which is going to lead to an eventual “Trade Me” demand from Trevor Lawrence.

Jacksonville absolutely needs to protect Lawrence and there are two OTs that could justifiably go #1 - if they go Hutch, they might as well get a Watson haul for Lawrence next offseason.

In other news:

That first throw was similar to the Pro Day throw that Zach Wilson made to convince the Jets to take Willis at 2. 

Caserio is going to get a few phone calls for #3 (assuming the Jags or Lions don’t get that call first).