Fantasy Football 2021

15 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

My league mate I was talking to told me I would be crazy to take kelce at 3 lol. He said too high for his taste lol.

Thats like fantasy coach speak. He probably also started the Justin Fields cant read rumor so he’d fall as well lol

Id take Kelce over Diggs tbh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats like fantasy coach speak. He probably also started the Justin Fields cant read rumor so he’d fall as well lol

Id take Kelce over Diggs tbh

He's an ATL fan so he won the league the year Matt Ryan was MVP. He also had Julio Jones but ever since that year, he hasn't stopped talking about how RBs don't matter. He won with Frank Gore and J-stew(I might add in our league settings, they were either low end RB1s or high end RB2s weekly)

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Running a mock/scenario.

Let's say the draft goes:

1. Najee Harris

2. Jonathan Taylor

3. Stefon Diggs (Me)

4. Calvin Ridley

5. Travis Kelce

6. I would pick again here. Between Joe Mixon, Darren Waller, Antoino Gibson, Austin Ekeler and AJ Brown, who would you guys pick. 

I think I would lean Waller or Brown although I FEEL like I need to atleast leave this round with one RB. I like Gibson a ton but that Toe injury scares me a bit. Mixon is probably the last of the true workhorses but he might be annoying to own due to those nagging injuries he suffers year in and year out. 

I was thinking go with Diggs and Waller/Brown then find two RBs in R2, Swift and Carson would be my top targets. 

Okay I already said i like Kelce at 3 but lets go further:

In PPR, I think Kelce is even better and if you are remotely considering Waller at 6, you might as well take Kelce at 3 because he is SO much better than Waller and I’m a big Waller fan

Here’s my “logic”I totally understand the wanting to go RB im the same way and the position falls off a cliff Which is why i think you can go Kelce-RB. Id eliminate Brown in PPR just because you’ll either go RB or Ridley/Diggs on the off chance 1 falls. Eliminate Waller because Kelce at 3. That leaves Mixon-Gibson-Ekeler and the WR duo. 
Ekeler is a PPR savage BUT the .5 per carry hurts him alot and there is some injury concern.

Mixon should get alot of work and catches albeit behind an average OL with his own injury issues

Gibson had the toe issue but the sky is the limit. 
Just looking at ESPN projections:

Ekeler: 359

Gibson: 376

Mixon: 372

Also since this is a keeper league at no cost(i think?) Gibson has the most upside as far as longevity given he was a rookie last year and i dont think he got a ton of work in college too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Anyone here afraid of Antonio Gibson's toe? Any here seeing a big leap in Year 2?

Na not really from what ive heard its completely healed I think hes come out and said its all good now, Unless something has come up recently that would say otherwise.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In a Non-PPR league, assuming you go RB-WR in rounds 1 and 2.

Would you rather have Darren Waller or CEH Round 3?

I keep wanting to have a Top-3 pick and whenever I do mocks I find myself taking Waller alot which is great but then the best RBs that come back to me in R4 are like Mike Davis, Kareem Hunt and Travis Etienne...which I dont like plus Im not big fans of the WRs there either. Its just a really weird spot. Although I fully expect 4-5 QBs to go in the first 3 rounds so that could help clear things up

Little help here? I feel like this decision will come up if I pick Top-3.

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay I already said i like Kelce at 3 but lets go further:

In PPR, I think Kelce is even better and if you are remotely considering Waller at 6, you might as well take Kelce at 3 because he is SO much better than Waller and I’m a big Waller fan

Here’s my “logic”I totally understand the wanting to go RB im the same way and the position falls off a cliff Which is why i think you can go Kelce-RB. Id eliminate Brown in PPR just because you’ll either go RB or Ridley/Diggs on the off chance 1 falls. Eliminate Waller because Kelce at 3. That leaves Mixon-Gibson-Ekeler and the WR duo. 
Ekeler is a PPR savage BUT the .5 per carry hurts him alot and there is some injury concern.

Mixon should get alot of work and catches albeit behind an average OL with his own injury issues

Gibson had the toe issue but the sky is the limit. 
Just looking at ESPN projections:

Ekeler: 359

Gibson: 376

Mixon: 372

Also since this is a keeper league at no cost(i think?) Gibson has the most upside as far as longevity given he was a rookie last year and i dont think he got a ton of work in college too

And if Riverboat takes off the training wheels like he did with CMC in year two then yeah he's gonna boom big time. 

Yep, no keeper cost.

The part about Waller and Kelce is what also ran through my mind. 

The likes of Swift and Carson in R2(really Round 3) would be nice but if they are both gone, I don't want to be stuck with someone like Dobbins as my RB1. Although at this point, I would just punt RB till the next time I am on the clock...

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Little help here? I feel like this decision will come up if I pick Top-3.

So its probably Waller with someone like Mike Davis vs CEH with someone like Goedert later on?

That's a tough one because I like CEH a lot and that's a great value there in R3. 

I think I'd lean CEH just because of the drop off of RBs from CEH to Mike Davis and etc.

Not saying the TEs after Waller aren't a drop off but I feel like is isn't quite as bad. 

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

https://theathletic.com/2700101/2021/07/14/jake-cielys-2021-fantasy-football-rankings-updated-july-14/

Behind a pay wall but hes on of the best in the biz when it comes to ff, I always take this dudes opinion into account when it comes to fantasy.

I still remember the year he ranked CJ Anderson as his #1 RB and CJ busted and they'd never let him forget about. 

Although he had all the right reasons to rank him as high. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

And if Riverboat takes off the training wheels like he did with CMC in year two then yeah he's gonna boom big time. 

Yep, no keeper cost.

The part about Waller and Kelce is what also ran through my mind. 

The likes of Swift and Carson in R2(really Round 3) would be nice but if they are both gone, I don't want to be stuck with someone like Dobbins as my RB1. Although at this point, I would just punt RB till the next time I am on the clock...

Dont get too stuck on the idea of Dobbins as RB 1, get stuck on the idea that you have the best TE in fantasy without question and a Top-5 WR

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So its probably Waller with someone like Mike Davis vs CEH with someone like Goedert later on?

That's a tough one because I like CEH a lot and that's a great value there in R3. 

I think I'd lean CEH just because of the drop off of RBs from CEH to Mike Davis and etc.

Not saying the TEs after Waller aren't a drop off but I feel like is isn't quite as bad. 

I just hate all TEs except Kelce and Waller based on ADP or at least dont love them haha. 

• Like 1

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Dont get too stuck on the idea of Dobbins as RB 1, get stuck on the idea that you have the best TE in fantasy without question and a Top-5 WR

And honestly I kinda want to try to whole Zero RB thing too lol. I've always been either a get two RBs early or at least have one RB1 by R2. 

I was also thinking if I end up with Mahomes, Diggs/Ridley, Kelce and Dobbins, I guess that wouldn't be too bad.

*QBs score a boat load in our league settings especially the top 5 QBs*

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just hate all TEs except Kelce and Waller based on ADP or at least dont love them haha. 

the last time I used a preimum pick on a TE was 2016? The year Kelce was made full time starter in Kc.

Ever since then I have punted during the draft. I was lucky enough to land Waller two years ago off Waiver

Because of this and the fact that I passed on a sure fire hit in Kelce last year for Drake, I feel like I gotta go big at TE.