Fantasy Football 2021

38 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Gus Edwards and Lamar take a lot of the carries

I considered both of those two, but seems like they are depressing JKs value more than they should.

Traditionally a running QB provides quite a bit of extra production for the RB.  As for Edwards, he’s a good RB, no doubt. However, I don’t think it’s going to be a 50/50 split (total guess on my part). As a 3rd rounder, I’m liking JK alot and think he might just end up on a lot of my teams.

As a RB 1 in the first and either Kelce or an elite WR in the 2nd (QB in my Superflex league) along with JK is a great start.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I considered both of those two, but seems like they are depressing JKs value more than they should.

Traditionally a running QB provides quite a bit of extra production for the RB.  As for Edwards, he’s a good RB, no doubt. However, I don’t think it’s going to be a 50/50 split (total guess on my part). As a 3rd rounder, I’m liking JK alot and think he might just end up on a lot of my teams.

As a RB 1 in the first and either Kelce or an elite WR in the 2nd (QB in my Superflex league) along with JK is a great start.

Yeah I definitely think he is good value at the earliest I’d be giving up pick 49 to keep him (draft order isn’t established yet) and the latest pick 56.

4 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I'm not sure that is the case exactly. I think Dobbins will be more efficient because LJax is a threat but with that said, getting him in round 3 after you go RB/Kelce would mean you likely have a later 1st round pick which would be good value for Dobbins

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm not sure that is the case exactly. I think Dobbins will be more efficient because LJax is a threat but with that said, getting him in round 3 after you go RB/Kelce would mean you likely have a later 1st round pick which would be good value for Dobbins

Yeah, this year I am going to be more opened on minded on all players. Putting players in the DO-NO-DRAFT list has certainly hurt me in the past so this year I think I am going to lean towards ADP more. So in short, Dobbins in R3 is a yes for me. Actually anyone in that same tier as him I wouldn't mind. Swift, Monty and so on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah, this year I am going to be more opened on minded on all players. Putting players in the DO-NO-DRAFT list has certainly hurt me in the past so this year I think I am going to lean towards ADP more. So in short, Dobbins in R3 is a yes for me. Actually anyone in that same tier as him I wouldn't mind. Swift, Monty and so on. 

Call me crazy, but I love Dobbins over the other 3rd rounds backs as he’s the only one of the bunch I can see finishing atop the RB rankings. I can’t see that in the others, I think I’d be comfortable using as high as a late 2nd on him

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Call me crazy, but I love Dobbins over the other 3rd rounds backs as he’s the only one of the bunch I can see finishing atop the RB rankings. I can’t see that in the others, I think I’d be comfortable using as high as a late 2nd on him

I guess it depends on the list of "other 3rd RBs" but in total I dont think thats crazy. All of them have warts to some degree whether its playing time, injuries, consistency, new regime/unknown new additions, OL etc. That group will likely will be huge to help someone their league this year if you pick the right one(s) assuming you dont butcher your first 2 picks because you'd pick the right one and so many other teams will be stuck starting lesser guys alot of weeks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yea I think in that group have to look both ways. Do not draft is an outdated concept when really it should be over/underrated. Like if there is a run on RBs, I'm not reaching on 1 of these guys at the end of R2 because thats just horrible value. I'd scoop up WR/TEs instead

• Like 1

Drafting at 6 in a 12 team 0.5PPR, Superflex.

Knowing my league mates draft tendencies (heavy RB, devalued QB-even in a Superflex), I’m pretty sure that it’ll be a choice between Barkley and Zeke.  Who you guys got? Or is it someone else? 

Best guess is previous 5 are: CMC, Cook, Henry, Mahomes and Kamara in some order.

For what it’s worth, part of me is wanting to go Jones, but at 6 it’s hard to pull the trigger…

8 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Knowing my league mates draft tendencies (heavy RB, devalued QB-even in a Superflex), I’m pretty sure that it’ll be a choice between Barkley and Zeke.  Who you guys got? Or is it someone else? 

Best guess is previous 5 are: CMC, Cook, Henry, Mahomes and Kamara in some order.

For what it’s worth, part of me is wanting to go Jones, but at 6 it’s hard to pull the trigger…

Id take Zeke, Saquon worries me just because hes coming back from injury.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Yea I’d probably go Zeke. I do like Taylor too though 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

When do you guys start drafting for depth? Let's say your roster settings are: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE.

Would you draft your starters first before picking a RB3? WR4? I feel like I was too worried about depth last year and that hurt my season long starting lineup weekly.

Im always drafting for depth tbh, I wait for QB and TE. Im usually drafting my depth players at RB and WR before I ever draft my QB and TE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

When do you guys start drafting for depth? Let's say your roster settings are: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE.

Would you draft your starters first before picking a RB3? WR4? I feel like I was too worried about depth last year and that hurt my season long starting lineup weekly.

That depends.  If one of the top TEs is there and I take one early, then I would be drafting for depth after about round 5.  If Mahomes is there later than expected I might splurge on QB but usually hold off.  RB depth I tend to go for over WR depth given the lack of talent/opportunity later at RB.  I like to have 3 RBs that are worth playing.  So within the first 6 rounds I will likely have 3 RBs and 3 WRs and the order depends on BPA.  If I went RB in 1 and 2, I would likely wait on a third RB until 5/6 unless a huge talent fell to me in 4.  But would be hard to take a 3rd RB over a WR2. 

• Like 1