Fantasy Football 2021

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

12 team, .5 PPR rookie keeper league. 

Our rookie can be anyone who was a rookie last season (obviously) or someone we drafted and held onto since their rookie season. Mine is Alvin Kamara.

My other keeper options are:

WR Tyreek Hill
WR Stefon Diggs
RB Chris Carson

I am certainly keeping Hill and the biased Bills fan in me wants to keep Diggs as well but I don't have a 1st round pick this season and the RB's I'd be looking at in R2 are likely guys like Myles Gaskin, Mike Davis or Chase Edmonds. Should I risk it and just be stacked at WR right away or go the safer route with a pairing of Carson and Kamara as my RB's and either have the chance at a steady RB3 or very good WR2 in round 2?

Hill and Diggs for me too, Those are 2 elite fantasy WRs right there that you wouldnt normally be able to pair up imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Appreciate the responses @101Raider@NcFinest9erFan@mattyice0401

Would your opinions change on going with two WRs if I told you there’s a good chance I’d get either Kittle or Waller with my first pick ?

I wouldnt but thats me and my philosophy when it comes to fantasy, I personally have never been a fan of taking TEs early I like to stock up on WRs and RBs. My most recent draft I took a TE earliest I have ever done and that was in the 6th or 7th round and got Hockenson.

Tyler Higbee is a great late round TE to take a look at with Everett gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Would your opinions change on going with two WRs if I told you there’s a good chance I’d get either Kittle or Waller with my first pick ?

Honestly, I don't understand how that is relevant. Isn't this a pick three question: Kamara, Carson, Hill, and Diggs. No cost of keeping? If that's the case...who you gets at TE is completely irrelevant. You want to have the top three out of the four players. The answer is easily Kamara, Hill, and Diggs. Carson is a solid RB...but he's not remotely close to Hill or Kamara (super elite players) and Diggs should be the better player long term. I feel pretty confident in your ability to replace Carson's production than Diggs.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Probably not for me. Don't get me wrong, I think I maybe all in on getting a TE early but with Hill/Diggs on your team, you can wait on a TE.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Honestly, I don't understand how that is relevant. Isn't this a pick three question: Kamara, Carson, Hill, and Diggs. No cost of keeping? If that's the case...who you gets at TE is completely irrelevant. You want to have the top three out of the four players. The answer is easily Kamara, Hill, and Diggs. Carson is a solid RB...but he's not remotely close to Hill or Kamara (super elite players) and Diggs should be the better player long term. I feel pretty confident in your ability to replace Carson's production than Diggs.

I guess it’s just based on philosophy. I’m viewing it as 

Elite WR, Elite RB, an RB1 and drafting an elite TE

vs.

Two Elite WR, Elite RB, and then having to draft an RB2 with questions (no way I could wait until what is essentially R6 to draft my RB2 IMO)

22 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Probably not for me. Don't get me wrong, I think I maybe all in on getting a TE early but with Hill/Diggs on your team, you can wait on a TE.

That’s what I’m thinking too. I just don’t like the feeling of basically being pigeon hold into taking an RB with my first pick which is our R2 but essentially R5.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I guess it’s just based on philosophy. I’m viewing it as 

Elite WR, Elite RB, an RB1 and drafting an elite TE

vs.

Two Elite WR, Elite RB, and then having to draft an RB2 with questions (no way I could wait until what is essentially R6 to draft my RB2 IMO)

I think that people typically overthink the strategy of fantasy football. You win by having elite players. It is incredibly rare that RB 8-12 outscores WR 2-5.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that people typically overthink the strategy of fantasy football. You win by having elite players. It is incredibly rare that RB 8-12 outscores WR 2-5.

Agree. I own Barkley this year. I hope wasn't hurt because I'd probably go get elite pass catches and punt RB2. I did that for years though(kept a RB and went WR/TE heavy) until the RB landscape changed a bit.

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

How do you guys feel about a RB heavy draft with an Elite TE? I've been doing mocks and again I am reminded at how deep WR is.

I went RB heavy in my most recent draft and am pretty happy with it, take a look at the rate my draft thread. My top RBs are CMC, Akers and Najee Harris with Mike Evans as my WR1.

• Like 1

RB is too much of a crap shoot after say round 4 or 5 and you can get great WR value in rounds 4 or 5 so I went RB heavy in my first 3 rounds and waited a decent amount of rounds before I drafted another RB. Cant remeber how many rounds I waited to draft a RB after I took my first 3.

And im talking about redraft with no keepers or anything.

Edited by mattyice0401

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

It honestly really wouldn’t.

To many people want a balanced team and I get that.  However, the end goal is to score more points than your opponent (obviously).  Having two top 5 wrs gives you a better chance than a good not great RB.

I won my league last year and my RB2 for most of the year was Kareem Hunt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

How do you guys feel about a RB heavy draft with an Elite TE? I've been doing mocks and again I am reminded at how deep WR is.

This is my normal route, though I don’t go into my draft locked into this strategy.

I love the value on mid range Wrs.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

It honestly really wouldn’t.

To many people want a balanced team and I get that.  However, the end goal is to score more points than your opponent (obviously).  Having two top 5 wrs gives you a better chance than a good not great RB.

I won my league last year and my RB2 for most of the year was Kareem Hunt.

Yep and who knows you might get lucky and hit on a lottery pick after W1. The league winner for my league last year, picked Jonathan Taylor in R3 to be his RB2. not the greatest RB2 but we all know what happened after Mack went down....