Fantasy Football 2021

11 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm doing my auction draft tonight and wondering what peoples strategies are?  Do you prefer blowing a bunch on 2 or 3 studs and filling in with cheap guys or going the route of maybe not having a 1st or early 2nd round type talent but having more late 2-4th rd talent and having better depth?  Or do you just wait and see and if someone is cheap you jump and go from there? 

I covered mine in the Rate My Draft thread.  Just did it last night (as part of a new startup Salary Cap Dynasty for a 14-team league), and I took one look at all the Top 15 RB's going at 1/3+ of starting budget and said, "THWT," and went a modified 0 RB strategy and went out and got myself three WR's that I have projected and statted out in the Top 20, two of which have Top 5 WR upside... and then rolled back around on guys like Darrell Henderson, Raheem Mostert, and Trey Sermon.

Also, in pretty much all auction drafts I've been in, I automatically punt one of QB or TE depending on the size of the league and go into the first 6 weeks, at least, with the expectation of streaming at that position.  Ironically, the larger the league the more comfortable I am with streaming TE's this year because in anything 12 team or larger, your really only not on a pretty much even playing field at the TE position save for 4 weeks (the weeks you face the teams with 1 of the Top 4; drop that down to Top 3 if it's not a PPR league).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Agreed IR makes the difference.

Would anyone rather have Gus Edwards or James Robinson full ppr?

Gus for me.  Urban's collegiate offense is known, his pro offense is not.  Throw in that while Carlos Hyde is 30, I'm not ready to believe that that's going to stop Urban from shoehorning him touches.  AND I expect a lot of the reception that would have going Etienne's way to now go Laviska Shenault's.  I don't really see a major threat to Gus getting a similar share of touches that would have gone to Dobbins (the team did give him a fairly healthy extension this offseason).  Maybe he cedes some catches to another RB, but honestly I don't see Lamar checking down to a RB as an all-that-often occurrence.  Mark Andrews is his checkdown.

11 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I covered mine in the Rate My Draft thread.  Just did it last night (as part of a new startup Salary Cap Dynasty for a 14-team league), and I took one look at all the Top 15 RB's going at 1/3+ of starting budget and said, "THWT," and went a modified 0 RB strategy and went out and got myself three WR's that I have projected and statted out in the Top 20, two of which have Top 5 WR upside... and then rolled back around on guys like Darrell Henderson, Raheem Mostert, and Trey Sermon.

Also, in pretty much all auction drafts I've been in, I automatically punt one of QB or TE depending on the size of the league and go into the first 6 weeks, at least, with the expectation of streaming at that position.  Ironically, the larger the league the more comfortable I am with streaming TE's this year because in anything 12 team or larger, your really only not on a pretty much even playing field at the TE position save for 4 weeks (the weeks you face the teams with 1 of the Top 4; drop that down to Top 3 if it's not a PPR league).

My draft did not go as planned at all.  I punted QB, maybe too much.  I dont have a top 15 player but I have really good depth IMO.  I will throw my team in the rate my team thread for further discussion. 

47 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My draft did not go as planned at all.  I punted QB, maybe too much.  I dont have a top 15 player but I have really good depth IMO.  I will throw my team in the rate my team thread for further discussion. 

Is Winston available. He’s a guy being drafted outside the top 20 that has potential to put up top 5 numbers. 

21 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Is Winston available. He’s a guy being drafted outside the top 20 that has potential to put up top 5 numbers. 

Nope.  He went for $8.  He was one of the late guys I tried to get back in on.  The available QBs are Cousins, Fitzpatrick, Zach Wilson, Wentz, Darnold, Bridgewater.  I have Trevor Lawrence and Mac Jones.  I like both, I just dont love depending on a rookie QB all year.  

13 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Nope.  He went for $8.  He was one of the late guys I tried to get back in on.  The available QBs are Cousins, Fitzpatrick, Zach Wilson, Wentz, Darnold, Bridgewater.  I have Trevor Lawrence and Mac Jones.  I like both, I just dont love depending on a rookie QB all year.  

If you want to shoot for the stars I'd go with Fitzpatrick. At least you know his going to air it out. He may get quickly benched...but whatever...he can help win games for you in the mean time. Cousins has historically been pretty underrated as a passer in fantasy. Meh NFL quarterback...pretty strong fantasy producer. Derek Carr should also have a pretty solid floor if he's still available. I'm not sure I'd take any of the other guys over what you currently have. Maybe Bridgewater? But I'd go Trevor before Bridgewater. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If you want to shoot for the stars I'd go with Fitzpatrick. At least you know his going to air it out. He may get quickly benched...but whatever...he can help win games for you in the mean time. Cousins has historically been pretty underrated as a passer in fantasy. Meh NFL quarterback...pretty strong fantasy producer. Derek Carr should also have a pretty solid floor if he's still available. I'm not sure I'd take any of the other guys over what you currently have. Maybe Bridgewater? But I'd go Trevor before Bridgewater. 

We have weird roster limits so I will likely keep 3 QBs.  I accidentally drafted two DL and I know I will not be keeping them both so will drop one for either Fitz or Cousins.  I will probably start Lawrence week 1 against Houston and then see what happens with Mac and TL.  I just want something on my bench for depth in case the rookies look like rookies. 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:50 AM, Scoundrel said:

So we do first 8 and last 8 round keepers 1 from each set. We give up the pick they were selected at the previous year to keep them. So Jk Dobbins was going to be my keeper at pick 49 now my only other option to keep is Jeudy at 64. I’d imagine his ADP is lower than that though and I probably shouldn’t keep him at that ADP?

Also still Ayiuk at pick 97 to keep or Shenault at 112?

Id probably take Jeudy. His ADP is right around there and if you factor in 16 guys being kept he moves up alot

19 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

I was offered Mike Davis, RB for Mike Thomas, WR... I have MT. Thoughts? I went WR heavy due to value in a 10 team, .5 PPR and could use some help. 

QB : Josh Allen

RB : Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris

WR : D. Adams, DK Metcalf, J. Jefferson.

Bench : Callaway, Mike Thomas, Singletary, James White

I obviously need the RB depth but I think I'd start Jacobs/Harris over Mike Davis. Do I swap MT for Davis to get some RB depth? Or play the long game with the (2) guys I have now and trade Mike Thomas for a much better RB once return to the lineup?

Assuming your starting lineup has to be 2 RBs and 3 WRs I'd absolutely trade Thomas. Those 3 WRs you have starting are so incredible, you probably wont start Thomas even when he first comes back. Getting another RB that could be start-worthy now is much more important plus MT is no guarantee to be 100%

20 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm currently holding onto Watson but just through the week or so.

Who should I pick up?

Devontae Booker

Tevin Coleman

Boston Scott

Kalen Ballage

Darrel Williams

Chuba Hubbard

Parrish Campbell

Terrace Marshall Jr

Russell Gage

PPR with .5 per carry.

1. (3) Stefon Diggs (Buf - WR)
2. (22) Antonio Gibson (Was - RB)
3. (27) Amari Cooper (Dal - WR)
4. (46) Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
5. (51) Mike Davis (Atl - RB)
6. (70) T.J. Hockenson (Det - TE)
7. (75) Jalen Hurts (Phi - QB)
8. (94) Antonio Brown (TB - WR)
9. (99) Sony Michel (LAR - RB)
10. (118) Fred Warner (SF - LB)
11. (123) AJ Dillon (GB - RB)
12. (142) Gus Edwards (Bal - RB)
13. (147) Vonn Bell (Cin - S)
14. (166) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
15. (171) Harrison Butker (KC - K)
16. (190) Jordan Fuller (LAR - S)
17. (195) Chuba Hubbard (Car - RB)
18. (214) Tremaine Edmunds (Buf - LB)

^My current team. I did have Hubbard initially. 

Probably Chuba because of the upside of a CMC injury. None of them are that great really

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I need to know why Mike Evans is on everyone's hate list considering I took him as my WR2 in both of my drafts lol

I have way too much stock invested in Gaskin/Evans and all I'm reading about is that they are both going to have a down year 

Just because he is the most expensive guy on a team that has loads of weapons. He is very TD dependent. In Non-PPR he shouldn't be hated on nearly as much but when Godwin goes after him and AB WAY after, its tough to take the first guy

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Just because he is the most expensive guy on a team that has loads of weapons. He is very TD dependent. In Non-PPR he shouldn't be hated on nearly as much but when Godwin goes after him and AB WAY after, its tough to take the first guy

Im starting to hate my teams already lol Guess thats what no draft reasearch will do for ya