Fantasy Football 2021

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

As a few of you know, my league starts 2 RB/3 WR with no flex. I have Jonathan Taylor, D'Andre Swift, Sony Michel and Tevin Coleman at RB. My WRs are Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas and Michael Gallup. 

My question is, do I use my last roster spot on someone like Tony Jones Jr, who I picked up yesterday, or do I go after Elijah Moore, who was dropped recently? 

Because you have to start 3 WRs, I think as long as Latavius Murray is there, you pick up Moore. You have 3 very good WRs and even Gallup can be started too(although not sure you'd start him and Cooper?) at least Moore has bye week filler potential, maybe? If you're starting Jones, I believe something horrible happened to your team and Kamara, AND Latavius must've been traded/cut

• Like 1

Long-time listener, first-time caller looking to tap into some big-brained Fantasy Gods for some advice for a naive Scotsman. I've been coaxed into popping my Keeper League cherry and I haven't a clue as to what to do in terms of who to target

10 man, PPR, 7th pick and a 3 year handcuff on players if that helps with setting the scene for the pages upon pages of advice that I'm no-doubt now going to get...

22 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d drop him for TJJ in a hot second. TJJ is the far superior player at this time. Murray at best may be a timeshare guy 

Wish I could do that, but someone already picked up TJJ. Now, I'm thinking of keeping Murray and hoping he ends somewhere as a #2.

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

But you wouldn't take him #3, right?

I wouldn’t take Adams at 3. I’m going CMac, Kamara, Henry, and Cook (in whatever order you prefer)...but at #5 I’m going Kelce unless it’s SuperFlex. Kelce is a legendary VBD player. He has been the best player in fantasy over the last five years in my opinion. He can outproduce the next closest TE by over 50 points and the average starting TE by over 100 points. Even if you combine WR/TE together...he's still an ultra elite player.

For the heck of it I calculated the VBD over the past four seasons for the current marque players (Mean VBD/min VBD/max VBD):

1. Alvin Kamara: 108, 27, 165
2. Christian McCaffrey: 95, 0, 215
3. Travis Kelce: 94, 69, 117
4. Derrick Henry: 92, 0, 184
5. Tyreek Hill: 77, 1, 131
6. Dalvin Cook: 66, 0, 164
7. Davante Adams: 65, 1, 117

The values above are based on standard league, so it likely underestimates receiving production...and therefore overestimates Henry's ranking. Also, I couldn't find the negative VBD (and those values were set at 0), so it may overestimate the mean of McCaffrey, Henry, and Cook, who all had significant down years (usually due to injury) within the past four seasons.

FYI...Mahomes didn't start until 2018, but if you don't include his rookie season...his VBD would be 83. So he is in the ballpark. I wouldn't fault someone for going with Mahomes in the top 5, even if it's not a SuperFlex league. In SuperFlex...I think that Mahomes is pretty much an auto-select at 1.1. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm being offered Antonio Gibson for AJ Brown. Would you take Gibson in that deal?

My other RBs are Kamara, Damien Harris, and Tony Pollard. My other WRs are Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Tyler Boyd, and Russell Gage.

Standard or ppr? 

20 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

PPR. 

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, FLEX

I'm not bullish on Gibson, but I'm actually more inclined to say no in this case of PPR. If it were standard, I think I would have been more amenable to saying yes. So far, Brown hasn't really been a beast in PPR. He's been a big play machine. Damien Harris is probably more of a flex in PPR as opposed to the RB2 I could see him being in standard. I don't think Gibson is going to be the three down back everyone thinks (JD isn't likely to go anywhere) and I don't love the toe thing so I get it if the move is made...I'm just sort of meh on it here? 

The only thing that makes me slightly hesitant would be that it's a 3 receiver set up with a flex...but I actually don't mind your receivers 1-3 and I Think its easier to find stable depth at the position during the season. 

• Like 1