Fantasy Football 2021

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is Mitchell worth a big chunk of FAAB? I’m thin at RB but worried about Sermon

Yes, I am spending $42 on him in one league, even though I have pretty solid RBs.

Fair warning, Kyle will continue to rotate runners based on matchups, but Mitchell is the best outside zone runner we have. There will be games where we try and attack defenses up the middle, and I think hasty, JWjr, and sermon are all probably better at working through traffic, but mitchell has some massive upside and hes worth a shot imo. 

Niners very well could have the #1 rushing attack in the NFL this year. 

I recommend picking up Jeff Wilson jr and adding him to an IR spot if you have one. 

Its also a good time to try and trade for Trey Sermon. He will get work at some point. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Yes, I am spending $42 on him in one league, even though I have pretty solid RBs.

Fair warning, Kyle will continue to rotate runners based on matchups, but Mitchell is the best outside zone runner we have. There will be games where we try and attack defenses up the middle, and I think hasty, JWjr, and sermon are all probably better at working through traffic, but mitchell has some massive upside and hes worth a shot imo. 

Niners very well could have the #1 rushing attack in the NFL this year. 

I recommend picking up Jeff Wilson jr and adding him to an IR spot if you have one. 

Its also a good time to try and trade for Trey Sermon. He will get work at some point. 

This is great insight, thank you!

My league is a rookie keeper league so I know I won’t be able to trade for Sermon but I am going to go all out on Mitchell

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 5:14 PM, N4L said:

What do we really think Wilson is going to be?

It seems like he's going to do more to hurt Mitchell/Sermon than necessarily be a viable weekly starter, right? (maybe in deeper leagues, but let's say a 10 team)

I understand that generally everyone in the committee is going to eat, but I feel like it's a situation where you will never know who the hot hand is and I'll always end up playing the wrong guy. Furthermore, if Mitchell goes ham the next 4-5 weeks and/or Hasty turns out well and/or Sermon eventually gets out of the doghouse, it could further diminish Wilson's value, right?

Like, it feels better than wasting an IR spot and maybe he's a better option than Bench Player #6, but I'm not sure he has the upside I really want tbh. 

Edit - This is coming completely from an ignorant 49ers fan. Not trying to say you are wrong at all, just expressing what I am thinking from an uneducated perspective and hoping you will either confirm or educate me on the situation. 

Edited by Soggust

Updating...

A guy in my big money league (this was particularly odd to me because he's the Niners fan in the league and his team is already flush with Niners - Aiyuk and Kittle) dropped Trey Sermon in order to pick up Elijah Mitchell.  So I was sweating waivers (and whether I had enough priority) till this morning, but did get confirmation that my waiver to pickup Sermon, dropping Sony Michel - as my RB4 in a very limited bench league.  Bit of a luxury for me to be able to wait on him given that I've got Dalvin, Swift (for as long as he's standing), and Chase Edmonds ahead of him.  It does make my bench a little tight considering I'm also stashing Trey Lance, but barring injuries, my starting three WR's (DK, Deebo, and AB) aren't moving from those spots barring a bye (so if I need to drop Will Fuller to fill a need, I can) at least until Aiyuk is fully healthy and gives me reason for pause with regard to Deebo.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Soggust said:
On 9/14/2021 at 3:14 PM, N4L said:

What do we really think Wilson is going to be?

It seems like he's going to do more to hurt Mitchell/Sermon than necessarily be a viable weekly starter, right? (maybe in deeper leagues, but let's say a 10 team)

I understand that generally everyone in the committee is going to eat, but I feel like it's a situation where you will never know who the hot hand is and I'll always end up playing the wrong guy. Furthermore, if Mitchell goes ham the next 4-5 weeks and/or Hasty turns out well and/or Sermon eventually gets out of the doghouse, it could further diminish Wilson's value, right?

Like, it feels better than wasting an IR spot and maybe he's a better option than Bench Player #6, but I'm not sure he has the upside I really want tbh. 

Edit - This is coming completely from an ignorant 49ers fan. Not trying to say you are wrong at all, just expressing what I am thinking from an uneducated perspective and hoping you will either confirm or educate me on the situation. 

Wilson is an extremely powerful, downhill runner who seemingly always produces when hes on the field. He is a battering ram who runs like his hair is on fire.

You are right that Sermon or Hasty could cement themselves over the next few weeks, but I think he brings something different to the table. He is 10x the pass blocker that either of those guys are right now. Hes a better receiver than both as well. That holds a ton of weight with Kyle, who above all else values versatility so that his play calls/play designs can be multi faceted  

JWjr will undoubtedly be a major part of the game each and every week when he returns to full health. I anticipate him being the 1B to mitchell's 1A.

I would bet on him getting a lot of the 49ers goal line work. He has been a TD machine for us when he has been active. 

I dont think Sermon is in their immediate plans. I am willing to bet that he is inactive again this week. 

Contrary to popular belief, I actually dont think that Kyle wants to use a different RB as his primary runner each week. He has been forced to over the last two years because we havent had anyone worthy of being RB1. As @Forge will tell you as well, Mitchell appears to be that guy. 

Not sure how much youve see him run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmUL8AF16UM 

The Rise of Jeff Wilson Jr - 2020 Highlights - YouTube 

You mentioned "wasting" and IR spot. Its not a waste if you are stashing a player in a spot that you would otherwise have empty. I have all IR spots in all of my leagues maxed out every chance I get. Its free money. Literally zero downside. You can still cut him if you need the spot for someone else that is more important, but IMO JWjr stash has some major major upside with basically zero downside. 

I think I'm going to sit Saquon Barkley in 2 free dynasty leagues that I have him on my team this week.

Saquon Barkley (knee) is active for Week 2 against the Washington Football Team. 

The report is via dependable Giants beat writer Jordan Raanan. Most signs point toward Barkley remaining on something of a snap count after he was limited to 29 snaps and 11 touches in the Giants' dismal Week 1 loss to the Broncos. The Football Team come with one of the league's most imposing defensive fronts, so only 10-15 touches would result in another low-end FLEX type performance absent some big plays. Barkley didn't appear close to those in the opener as he failed to break a tackle for the first time in his career, but his game-breaking ability still keeps him parked on the RB2/3 borderline.  

SOURCE: Jordan Raanan on Twitter 

Team 1 

QB Taylor (Hou)
RB Harris (NE)
RB Gibson (Was)
WR  Kenny Golladay 
TE PItts
Flex(RB/WR) would be Barkley or Sterling Shepard,Agholor or Pascal ( .5 PPR)

Watson was my starting QB and just lost Jeudy  

Really do not want to start two NYG wrs. I was leaning toward Shepard and Agholor  and bench

Galladay and Barkley.I also have Engram. Way too many Giants,I think I'll try to trade Galladay.Any thoughts?

Edited by jjbnum3

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

Wilson is an extremely powerful, downhill runner who seemingly always produces when hes on the field. He is a battering ram who runs like his hair is on fire.

You are right that Sermon or Hasty could cement themselves over the next few weeks, but I think he brings something different to the table. He is 10x the pass blocker that either of those guys are right now. Hes a better receiver than both as well. That holds a ton of weight with Kyle, who above all else values versatility so that his play calls/play designs can be multi faceted  

JWjr will undoubtedly be a major part of the game each and every week when he returns to full health. I anticipate him being the 1B to mitchell's 1A.

I would bet on him getting a lot of the 49ers goal line work. He has been a TD machine for us when he has been active. 

I dont think Sermon is in their immediate plans. I am willing to bet that he is inactive again this week. 

Contrary to popular belief, I actually dont think that Kyle wants to use a different RB as his primary runner each week. He has been forced to over the last two years because we havent had anyone worthy of being RB1. As @Forge will tell you as well, Mitchell appears to be that guy. 

Not sure how much youve see him run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmUL8AF16UM 

The Rise of Jeff Wilson Jr - 2020 Highlights - YouTube 

You mentioned "wasting" and IR spot. Its not a waste if you are stashing a player in a spot that you would otherwise have empty. I have all IR spots in all of my leagues maxed out every chance I get. Its free money. Literally zero downside. You can still cut him if you need the spot for someone else that is more important, but IMO JWjr stash has some major major upside with basically zero downside. 

Just to clarify, I meant it feels better to stash him than "waste an IR spot" as in leave it empty. It's always better to have SOMEONE than leaving it empty. Maybe that was unclear in my post. 

I don't doubt he will produce. I'm not suggesting he's bad or even that he's not worth a pickup. I was just trying to clarify his value. My question is - If he comes back midseason or even let's say week 5, is he really going to get more than 100 carries this year? Maybe he snags 5-7 TDs, but TDs are a highly variable statistic imo.

I feel like his ceiling is a high end flex or a low end RB2 if we are being generous, right? Obviously that's a better option than nothing, but I'm just trying to clarify for that it's not like a Ty'Son / Elijah Mitchell situation where you COULD get RB1 production with a pretty safe floor barring injury?

• Like 1