2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Rich7sena said:

What do you think he nets? 6th or 7th? I still might.

One if the worst guards in the league in a 1st rd contract. I'm not sure. I guess it will depend on what people think about cable. If people around league think he sucks. They may lay Leatherwood lack of progression on him. We might get a low 5th or 6th. No idea. 

20 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Does anyone think the Raiders can get something like a 3rd, 4th, or 5th for Leatherwood? I would any of those in a heartbeat.

Trading him is definitely not the move. Value cant get any lower haha I’m not a draft expert, but we knew he was raw right? We thought He was a reach…

gotta give him a little time. It’s only one year. Kolton miller sucked year 1 (maybe not as much) but still… he’s solid now. 

Give him at least another year! 

Could come back a totally different player!! Believe! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Trading him is definitely not the move. Value cant get any lower haha I’m not a draft expert, but we knew he was raw right? We thought He was a reach…

gotta give him a little time. It’s only one year. Kolton miller sucked year 1 (maybe not as much) but still… he’s solid now. 

Give him at least another year! 

Could come back a totally different player!! Believe! 

No, he was not raw. He was stiff in college and he's still in the NFL--there's no changing that. At least Kolton could move. And, I was not as critical of Kolton's first year; I thought he would improve because you could see he had potential. This is not the case with Leatherwood. To top it all off, he's braindead when it comes to penalties.

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

No, he was not raw. He was stiff in college and he's still in the NFL--there's no changing that. At least Kolton could move. And, I was not as critical of Kolton's first year; I thought he would improve because you could see he had potential. This is not the case with Leatherwood. To top it all off, he's braindead when it comes to penalties.

**** I’m just trying to be optimistic I guess…

penalties are brutal

frickin Leatherdick 

Edited by FreshPrince
  • Like 1

i see a lot of people want a Wr round 1 but i just get the feeling that if we do get harbs he won’t be looking at wr in the first round i think he’ll be looking o line or d line. sf ran the ball very well and had a crazy good d line when he was there i’d imagine he’d try to replicate most of that 

8 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

**** I’m just trying to be optimistic I guess…

penalties are brutal

frickin Leatherdick 

You can be optimistic, but it's more important to be realistic. For instance, despite this team making the playoffs, this is a bad roster. We shouldn't look at this season as validation for players who played bad all year. When it comes to young players, you have to parse whether a guy is bad or whether he's just playing bad. Good players can play bad (see mid-year Josh Jacobs) and you shouldn't give up on them. Bad players are just bad.

I suspect other teams had Leatherwood as a 2nd/3rd rounder. Obviously he put up abysmal tape all season so he's not going to return those picks. But, we've seen teams really stick to their pre-draft evaluations of players despite those players playing bad in the NFL, especially at quarterback. I think there's a team out there willing to give a 5th for Leatherwood.

7 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

Obviously that wasn't what i meant, I meant you can get a guy to effect the run easier than you can get a CB. So wasn't Donald playing for those 11th most passing yards? 

Donald's job goes beyond shutting down a WR. He does his job well. Ramsey, well, he does his job well also. How did that work out overall though?

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

15 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

You can be optimistic, but it's more important to be realistic. For instance, despite this team making the playoffs, this is a bad roster. We shouldn't look at this season as validation for players who played bad all year. When it comes to young players, you have to parse whether a guy is bad or whether he's just playing bad. Good players can play bad (see mid-year Josh Jacobs) and you shouldn't give up on them. Bad players are just bad.

I suspect other teams had Leatherwood as a 2nd/3rd rounder. Obviously he put up abysmal tape all season so he's not going to return those picks. But, we've seen teams really stick to their pre-draft evaluations of players despite those players playing bad in the NFL, especially at quarterback. I think there's a team out there willing to give a 5th for Leatherwood.

I’m sorry. Deleted the post. I went off on a non draft related rant. Don’t want to ruin the flow of the thread. Why am I still typing?

Edited by FreshPrince

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Does anyone think the Raiders can get something like a 3rd, 4th, or 5th for Leatherwood? I would any of those in a heartbeat.

An explosive team may over look leatherwoods dumbness, unfortunately the way we play we cannot afford to be behind the chains. 
do I fault Carr for our brutal mess on 3rd downs  or in the Redzone yes. 
he needs to grow up and audible out of some of these calls

bit at same time if you put a team on 3rd and long  and you cannot pass block you’re gunna struggle. 

* if you have Mahommes maybe you can  overcome it, but it’s pretty rare to have that. 

I see a lot of drops tonight and as a reciever who had gloves I don’t understand how you drop some of those throws.

53 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

An explosive team may over look leatherwoods dumbness, unfortunately the way we play we cannot afford to be behind the chains. 
do I fault Carr for our brutal mess on 3rd downs  or in the Redzone yes. 
he needs to grow up and audible out of some of these calls

bit at same time if you put a team on 3rd and long  and you cannot pass block you’re gunna struggle. 

* if you have Mahommes maybe you can  overcome it, but it’s pretty rare to have that. 

I see a lot of drops tonight and as a reciever who had gloves I don’t understand how you drop some of those throws.

Maybe or maybe you have an OC that actually calls creative plays and takes advantage of matchups. One of the only examples of that was when Olsen used Moreau as a fake pass blocker before leaking him out late. And that was a 50 yard play. Where was that today? No creativity by this staff it just sucks.

Interested to see who we bring in as the offensive mind.

• Like 3