2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

100%. We didn’t put him in the best positions to succeed. He just looked sloppy all around. Lunging/overreaching. Bad sets. False starts. Ugly stuff.

Things can snowball for rookies and especially if they have inferior coaching, a position change, and have Brandon Parker to the other side of them.  Add in the fact he struggled early on clearly on and it effected the mental part of his game.  I really think the false starts came from overthinking and nervousness.  

But despite as horrible as some on this board say AL is, the kid has the ability to be a very good Guard, moreso a very very good LG.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I think Parker should be over there with him also.  I would like to see how he can handle the LG also.  Would be strange but have a left side backup in Parker and have a right side back up in Good.  Parker just needs to stay on the left side no matter what.

I think it’s just time to move on from Parker. It’s been 4 years…. I think we might be at point of just accepting the sunk cost and finding someone else in FA or the draft to fill the reserve spot.  Only if we’re talking veteran minimum would I be happy with us giving Parker a chance to be the Back-up LT and LG.  

Even though I’m 95% ready to give up on him, I must admit the lack of Tom Cable and the presence of a credible OL coach does ever so creap that 5% chance of re-signing Parker into my mind.  It’s the classic mix of curiosity and not wanting to throw away something that isn’t valuable and takes up space, but just might have value to someone else.  Thus, resigning Parker has the whiff of hoarding to me, lol.

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think it’s just time to move on from Parker. It’s been 4 years…. I think we might be at point of just accepting the sunk cost and finding someone else in FA or the draft to fill the reserve spot.  Only if we’re talking veteran minimum would I be happy with us giving Parker a chance to be the Back-up LT and LG.  

Even though I’m 95% ready to give up on him, I must admit the lack of Tom Cable and the presence of a credible OL coach does ever so creap that 5% chance of re-signing Parker into my mind.  It’s the classic mix of curiosity and not wanting to throw away something that isn’t valuable and takes up space, but just might have value to someone else.  Thus, resigning Parker has the whiff of hoarding to me, lol.

I'm fine bringing him back, but it better not be so we can avoid drafting/signing someone. Vet minimum is fair IMO.

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think we hold onto Parker this year since he is still on his rookie deal but he should still stay on the left side.  As for another contract it would come down to price.  When he had the opportunity to play LT he looked like he was a starting caliber player.  I said it from the day we drafted him that he needed to be on the left side.  If he gets the chance I believe you will be pleasantly surprised at how good he is.  The two games he started at LT Carr was hit 3 times and sacked once.  Tillery was the one who got the sack so it was most likely the fault of the interior linemen.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I think we hold onto Parker this year since he is still on his rookie deal but he should still stay on the left side.  As for another contract it would come down to price.  When he had the opportunity to play LT he looked like he was a starting caliber player.  I said it from the day we drafted him that he needed to be on the left side.  If he gets the chance I believe you will be pleasantly surprised at how good he is.  The two games he started at LT Carr was hit 3 times and sacked once.  Tillery was the one who got the sack so it was most likely the fault of the interior linemen.

Parker is a UFA.  He was drafted in 2018 and as a 3rd round pick he got a 4 year contract: 

1. 2018

2. 2019

3. 2020

4. 2021

UFA for ‘22

I think some desperate team believes what you said (I think your right as well) and gives him 3-4M per over 1-2 years.  

Edited by jimkelly02

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Parker is a UFA.  He was drafted in 2018 and as a 3rd round pick he got a 4 year contract: 

1. 2018

2. 2019

3. 2020

4. 2021

UFA for ‘22

Good catch.  I missed that one.If he is cheap I would resign him but would not break the bank to get him.  If he leaves I would like to see him get a shot to play LT to see what he has.  I believe in him at LT.

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This OL coach can develop leatherwood into a good OG IMO. Leatherwood has A grade physical tools. He just needs to be coached up. I don't like his hand usage at all. He's very salvageable, plus Good is a good starting guard. I agree, tackle needs to be addressed, either by a vet and/or by drafting a promising OT.

Agree to disagree here. He had 4 years at the best program in college and came into the league with still making egregious errors that plagued him at Alabama. There is nowhere to go but up, but he showed little to no growth in year 1. I think penalties will always be an issue for him.

• Like 1

Leatherwood had his ups and downs last year, but mostly downs. He clearly has the physical ability, as I recall him being able to block two defenders at the same time, each with one arm... however, the mental miscues are something he's going to have to pick up on sooner than later, or he'll never reach his potential... and we can't wait 4 years for this he needs to show why he was a 1st round pick ASAP.

Random Draft Thoughts and questions 

• If Stingley CB is there past 10  I would be all over him in a trade up. He was playing hurt last year 
  • I read a mock that had Drake London at 2. Crazy if he goes top 5
  • I think Jameson and Burks are the cream of the class but how do you rank Wilson, London, Olave 
  • What do you guys think of Alex Pierce, George Pickens, Christian Watkins, Wandale Robinson. I really like all 4
  • Dax Hill is a straight up baller who could be an all pro. I wouldn't be mad drafting him, our safeties would have so much range 
  • Faleele, Rainmann, Frere, Penning- all interest RT prospects who are dark horse picks if the coaching staff thinks they can get them up to speed. All of them seem raw, but have great potential 

Edited by Humble_Beast

so many possibilities and prospects I like, we can't go wrong at 22:

WR: Jameson, Burks, Wilson, Pickens, Robinson, London, Olave

T: Faleele, Rainmann, Frere, Penning

G: K Green, Zion

DL: J Johnson, D Leal

Edge: Ojabo, T Walker

LB: N Dean

CB: Sauce, Stingly, A Booth, McCreary , Elam, Mcduffie

S: Daxton Hill, Brisker

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Random Draft Thoughts and questions 

• If Stingley CB is there past 10  I would be all over him in a trade up. He was playing hurt last year 
  • I read a mock that had Drake London at 2. Crazy if he goes top 5
  • I think Jameson and Burks are the cream of the class but how do you rank Wilson, London, Olave 
  • What do you guys think of Alex Pierce, George Pickens, Christian Watkins, Wandale Robinson. I really like all 4
  • Dax Hill is a straight up baller who could be an all pro. I wouldn't be mad drafting him, our safeties would have so much range 
  • Faleele, Rainmann, Frere, Penning- all interest RT prospects who are dark horse picks if the coaching staff thinks they can get them up to speed. All of them seem raw, but have great potential 

1. Tough and we need a CB but I would not trade up.

2. Not happening with him being hurt.  Only way is if he is a freak at the combine which is not suppose to happen for him.

3. Wilson, Burke, Jameson, London, Olave.  Jameson and London could have changed if they could have gone to the combine or pro days.

4. I like all of them in the 3rd or later.  Would love to trade down at 22 and have an extra 3rd to double dip at WR.

5. Just like Stingley but even less because of positional value.

6. I like Frere and he has played RT before.  I have heard he is more natural on the left but just having experience on the right gives me confidence.

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree to disagree here. He had 4 years at the best program in college and came into the league with still making egregious errors that plagued him at Alabama. There is nowhere to go but up, but he showed little to no growth in year 1. I think penalties will always be an issue for him.

He reminds me of Bruce Campbell. All the tools in the world. But plagued with mental errors.

☆Edit☆

He should have been drafted in the same area as Bruce as well.

Edited by BigD1123

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

1. Tough and we need a CB but I would not trade up.

2. Not happening with him being hurt.  Only way is if he is a freak at the combine which is not suppose to happen for him.

3. Wilson, Burke, Jameson, London, Olave.  Jameson and London could have changed if they could have gone to the combine or pro days.

4. I like all of them in the 3rd or later.  Would love to trade down at 22 and have an extra 3rd to double dip at WR.

5. Just like Stingley but even less because of positional value.

6. I like Frere and he has played RT before.  I have heard he is more natural on the left but just having experience on the right gives me confidence.

4. I think they are all Solid 2nd rounders.