2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I absolutely don’t want Burks in round 1, hopefully he goes before us anyways.  He’s a big slot WR and spent OVER 75% of his snaps inside.  We need an outside WR.  Renfrow and Waller work the short and intermediate routes inside, I don’t see any room for Burks there.  As soon as Ruggs left teams no longer had to respect the deep ball and tighten up their coverage.  We need someone that can push the safeties back and make sure they stayed deep so the speed WR doesn’t get free over the top.  Im not impressed by 22.6 mph on a swing pass.  
ideally the WR we get is a good route runner and separator as well.  Burks isn’t a consistent separator. 

Jamo please! I don’t care if he’ll miss the first half of the season. Top 10 talent, Jeffrey Simmons type situation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Jamo please! I don’t care if he’ll miss the first half of the season. Top 10 talent, Jeffrey Simmons type situation.

I’d love Garrett Wilson with Jamo as my 1B.  Jamo isn’t just a speedster who goes deep, the dudes multifaceted.  

55 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

22. Treylon Burks, WR Arkansas- too good to pass up, we need a WR1 bad. 

54. Travis Jones, DT Connecticut- after going WR, time to address D. The other big names are off the board, but Jones would be a great addition

86. Damone Clark, LB LSU- follow up the DL pick with a LB. Clark was very very good at LSU and a steady hand. Shores up LB.

124. Verone McKinley III, S, Oregon- the defensive trend continues with a S to legitimately push Abram. McKinley has some ball skills that are still sorely needed on the back end. 

162. Cade Mays, OT Tennessee- if Mays is available, a potential steal. 

163. Velus Jones, WR Tennessee- we get WR1 in round 1 and dip into the deep class again for another speedster. Good size too. 

223. Jack Coan, QB Notre Dame- I really like Coan and would consider this a steal too. He seems like the kind of guy McDaniels could turn into a solid backup. Not sure of his overall stock or of he'd even be available. 

FA: prioritize OT, CB. 

I like the thought process for most of this. I really like Damone Clark on day 2. WR class is so good, I want to double dip too. I like the RB class too, could find a steal on day 3. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d love Garrett Wilson with Jamo as my 1B.  Jamo isn’t just a speedster who goes deep, the dudes multifaceted.  

I don’t think Wilson will last, but I’d take him in a heartbeat. We only have a shot at Jamo due to the injury 

39 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like the thought process for most of this. I really like Damone Clark on day 2. WR class is so good, I want to double dip too. I like the RB class too, could find a steal on day 3. 

I think we'll take a late round RB, don't think our new brass wants to pay Drake/Jacobs big money.

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

22. Treylon Burks, WR Arkansas- too good to pass up, we need a WR1 bad. 

54. Travis Jones, DT Connecticut- after going WR, time to address D. The other big names are off the board, but Jones would be a great addition

86. Damone Clark, LB LSU- follow up the DL pick with a LB. Clark was very very good at LSU and a steady hand. Shores up LB.

124. Verone McKinley III, S, Oregon- the defensive trend continues with a S to legitimately push Abram. McKinley has some ball skills that are still sorely needed on the back end. 

162. Cade Mays, OT Tennessee- if Mays is available, a potential steal. 

163. Velus Jones, WR Tennessee- we get WR1 in round 1 and dip into the deep class again for another speedster. Good size too. 

223. Jack Coan, QB Notre Dame- I really like Coan and would consider this a steal too. He seems like the kind of guy McDaniels could turn into a solid backup. Not sure of his overall stock or of he'd even be available. 

FA: prioritize OT, CB. 

I'm down if you throw in a trade for Brandin Cooks that will give us the speed we need. We'd leave out Velus Jones if we can get Cooks for a 5th.

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'm down if you throw in a trade for Brandin Cooks that will give us the speed we need. We'd leave out Velus Jones if we can get Cooks for a 5th.

The Texans aren't trading Cooks for a 5th round pick, I'd assume they'll ask for a 2nd/3rd.

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I absolutely don’t want Burks in round 1, hopefully he goes before us anyways.  He’s a big slot WR and spent OVER 75% of his snaps inside.  We need an outside WR.  Renfrow and Waller work the short and intermediate routes inside, I don’t see any room for Burks there.  As soon as Ruggs left teams no longer had to respect the deep ball and tighten up their coverage.  We need someone that can push the safeties back and make sure they stayed deep so the speed WR doesn’t get free over the top.  Im not impressed by 22.6 mph on a swing pass.  
ideally the WR we get is a good route runner and separator as well.  Burks isn’t a consistent separator. 

Justin Jefferson was a slot WR at LSU too, the NFL Draft is about projection.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Texans aren't trading Cooks for a 5th round pick, I'd assume they'll ask for a 2nd/3rd.

If that’s the cost, I want no part of it.  13Mil, high draft pick and a history of at least 5 concussions… no thank you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

If that’s the cost, I want no part of it.  13Mil, high draft pick and a history of at least 5 concussions… no thank you.

He has missed 4 games over the past 7 seasons and over that stretch he has had 1,000+ yards in 6/7. That $13M cap number isn't terrible when you consider that guys like Chark and Gallup are going to get similar deals in free agency.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has missed 4 games over the past 7 seasons and over that stretch he has had 1,000+ yards in 6/7. That $13M cap number isn't terrible when you consider that guys like Chark and Gallup are going to get similar deals in free agency.

Each point individually is fine. However, cost/draft picks/injury risk trifecta is too much imho.  Would rather have either Gallop or Chark. I think Gallop will cost much less as he’s going to be looking for a prove-it deal with the late ACL injury.