2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Carr is throwing as much as he did last season it's an issue. 

He only threw 4 more passes per game last year then the year before.  The better the offense the more first downs, longer drives, etc…. the more offensive plays each year.   Obviously we need to be able to run the ball effectively and not need Carr to throw as much, but I could see Carr having over the 626 passing attempts he had last season.  We were 7th in passing attempts last season.

But yes, if we’re going to be a contender we need to be able to establish the run consistently. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roi34 said:

he also has gotten better and earned more trust from Carr... feel like your discounting that a lot. He may also get open more with coverage rolling to Adams/waller. 

Depends if we pass heavy or run. but I can see him easily getting 800. you cant judge rookie year and average that in, and with that said he did very well rookie year. 

so basically he averages 766 a year with rookie year. 

I'd say he probably goes closer to 700-750 this year, but similar TD production. 

Here's how I see it:

Adams should be good for, say, 1100 yards conservatively. 

Waller should be around 900ish

Whoever lines up across from Adams is probably looking at 7-800 yards. 

RBs, based on McDaniels' history, should account for another 5-600 yards. 

Backup TE, depth receivers should probably go another 5-600 (assuming Moreau is used more, etc). 

If we split the difference in the ranges (750 for WR2, 550 from RBs, 550 from other pass catchers), you're looking at around 3850 yards. Using the same theory and splitting the Renfrow projection at 725 gives us 4575- a number Brady only passed 4 times with McDaniels as OC, so that could already be a high estimate. 

Obviously, guys may miss time, be less effective, etc. I wouldn't discount Renfrow topping 800. I wouldn't entirely rule out him topping 900. Heck, things really click, I could see him busting the 1k mark again. 

But by design of the offense, I think the initial intent will be that he's in the 7-750 range. To go over that, again, I think it means something hasn't gone to plan. 

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

He only threw 4 more passes per game last year then the year before.  The better the offense the more first downs, longer drives, etc…. the more offensive plays each year.   Obviously we need to be able to run the ball effectively and not need Carr to throw as much, but I could see Carr having over the 626 passing attempts he had last season.  We were 7th in passing attempts last season.

But yes, if we’re going to be a contender we need to be able to establish the run consistently. 

Also to add, if ur using screen game which McDaniels like to use, they are basically runs that go in pass column. So cant really go by numbers. 

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd say he probably goes closer to 700-750 this year, but similar TD production. 

Here's how I see it:

Adams should be good for, say, 1100 yards conservatively. 

Waller should be around 900ish

Whoever lines up across from Adams is probably looking at 7-800 yards. 

RBs, based on McDaniels' history, should account for another 5-600 yards. 

Backup TE, depth receivers should probably go another 5-600 (assuming Moreau is used more, etc). 

If we split the difference in the ranges (750 for WR2, 550 from RBs, 550 from other pass catchers), you're looking at around 3850 yards. Using the same theory and splitting the Renfrow projection at 725 gives us 4575- a number Brady only passed 4 times with McDaniels as OC, so that could already be a high estimate. 

Obviously, guys may miss time, be less effective, etc. I wouldn't discount Renfrow topping 800. I wouldn't entirely rule out him topping 900. Heck, things really click, I could see him busting the 1k mark again. 

But by design of the offense, I think the initial intent will be that he's in the 7-750 range. To go over that, again, I think it means something hasn't gone to plan. 

so instead of 800 ... 750 so we basically agree

54 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wonder if we’re looking at hbcu qbs with our late rounders I like the ab aqeel glass from bama a&m

Idk what we have as far as personell and what their day to day jobs are, but I know this:

If I were GM, there would be at least a couple of scouts on payroll who's job it would be to watch all of the football games not played at the D1 level. 

D2, D3, HBCU, NAIA, etc. 

Given some of the stuff Deion Sanders has done with Jackson State and upping their national exposure, going forward that will almost certainly be a "must". Too much talent looking elsewhere for playing time for a variety of reasons to just pick a few select top tier D1 programs and mostly roll with it. 

I'd also have guys at every USFL, XFL, and other lower pro football league game scouting. 

Will they be drafted/signed? Who knows. But I would certainly have a list of guys, several bodies deep, at every position to call when it's time to put bodies on the field or prep for a rainy day. 

That said, I'd be shocked if teams weren't already doing that to some degree...but hey, you can never be sure 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'll guess Carr throws for 4,400 yards / 30 TD: 

Adams - 1,400 yards, 13 TD

Waller - 1,100 yards, 8 TD

Renfrow - 600 yards, 4 TD

~1300 yards spread out among 4 or so guys? 

WR2, WR4/breather guy, TE2, RBs?

Seems a bit high on Adams and Waller, low on the depth guys to me for a 4400 yard season. 

I think if Waller and Adams both crack 1000, particularly Adams going for 1400, Carr is having a 5k yard season. 

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

~1300 yards spread out among 4 or so guys? 

WR2, WR4/breather guy, TE2, RBs?

Seems a bit high on Adams and Waller, low on the depth guys to me for a 4400 yard season. 

I think if Waller and Adams both crack 1000, particularly Adams going for 1400, Carr is having a 5k yard season. 

This will be a Waller/Adams offense, and you will like it!

• Like 1