2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

In case McDaniels/Ziegler are willing to trade away Jacobs.

What are those RB-needy Teams and what do you think we can get for Jacobs?

exactly why would a team give a 2nd rounder when they could draft a nice cost controlled back. Teams off the top of my head that could use a RB: Bills, Saints

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

exactly why would a team give a 2nd rounder when they could draft a nice cost controlled back. Teams off the top of my head that could use a RB: Bills, Saints

Jacobs could be an option for the bills. They drafted 2 RB in recent History and didn't get much of a production.

But I don't think we would Like to strengthen an AFC contender. Unl3ss you get a First and more.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Why would either of those teams trade for him when they can just draft a cost controlled RB in the 2nd round instead? lol

54 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Jacobs could be an option for the bills. They drafted 2 RB in recent History and didn't get much of a production.

But I don't think we would Like to strengthen an AFC contender. Unl3ss you get a First and more.

Trading Jacobs this year also doesn't give us any cap relief, we'd eat his entire $3.7M salary, so you'd be making the move to avoid a hypothetical 5th year option which we could just decline to pick up anyways, lol.

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

I don’t think this has been posted anywhere. 

In the mock simulators I kept selecting him in the 5th and 6th rounds.  What rounds is he realistically looking at being selected?  I would like to see LW at LG before we spend a 3rd or 4th on a LG.  From what we saw last year his footwork is more natural on the left side.

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Trading Jacobs this year also doesn't give us any cap relief, we'd eat his entire $3.7M salary, so you'd be making the move to avoid a hypothetical 5th year option which we could just decline to pick up anyways, lol.

Actually, this hypothetical trade would not be for creating Cap space.

It would rather be for getting better talent in a Position of need and of course we would then pick also an RB.

For example:

Get a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick and use the initial 3rd we have for dameon Pierce.

9 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

It would rather be for getting better talent in a Position of need and of course we would then pick also an RB.

For example:

Get a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick and use the initial 3rd we have for dameon Pierce.

The biggest gripe that anyone has with Jacobs is that they don't want to pick up his 5th year option and pay him $8M. Jacobs has had 1,100 yards from scrimmage every season and was way better as a pass catcher last season. I just don't see the value in moving Jacobs and creating another hole while hoping that a rookie RB and an injured Drake can fill in for him.

14 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

For example:

no one giving up all that for Jacobs. I think we just keep Jacobs this year and next. I could see these guys on the trade block on draft day 

• Ferrell
  • Perryman 
  • Abram 
  • Mullen or Hobbs                                                                                                                                  if we are offered good value. We wouldn't trade them all, but I could see maybe one of these   guys gone  
Edited by Humble_Beast

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

no one giving up all that for Jacobs. I think we just keep Jacobs this year and next. I could see these guys on the trade block on draft day 

• Ferrell
  • Perryman 
  • Abram 
  • Mullen or Hobbs   if we are offered good value 

Ferrell has almost no trade value and there's no cap savings from trading him. 

I don't see the team trading Perryman who is on a very team friendly deal and creating another hole. 

Abram I could see being traded just because he doesn't fit the scheme.

I can't see us trading Hobbs since McDaniels has spoken well about him.

Mullen is one of the most likely players to be traded if we do make a move, imo.