2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Pretty much. Play 3 safeties/use him as the sub package LB. He's good in the box and bad everywhere else. Granted he could make a huge leap this year. He had less coverage lapses this year but it just isn't natural for him. He's strong, runs fast, and is aggressive, but lacks the instincts/change of direction that someone like Moehrig has.

He has had the same issues since he was in college though, I just think he is who he is at this point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has had the same issues since he was in college though, I just think he is who he is at this point.

This. 

He isn't a pro-caliber Safety. Not as a starter, and not really even as a backup unless it's as a deep reserve in an emergency pinch and it's him or a random WR. Dude is Taylor Mays without the attitude stuff. 

Use him, he can be valuable in some role. But expecting him to progress into a serviceable Safety is a pipe dream and he would always just be a blatant weak link. Do him and other 10 guys on D a favor and stop letting him embarrass himself. 

Abram is our D's Taysom Hill. He can play a role, possibly quite a few, but that's because of raw athletic talent. Whatever position he played in college.....that ain't it and it ain't gonna work. He's not a skill player, he's an instinctual raw athlete. 

Hell, run a false 3-3-5 with him in a rush LB/S hybrid role. He'd probably actually be pretty good at that lol. He has a nose for the ball, as long as the ball is in someone's hands and not in the air. 

Frankly, letting him play the box exclusively would probably help cover for Crosby's run D shortcomings. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I personally don't think that we'll draft a QB this year considering we have very limited draft capital with only 5 picks at our disposal. Especially considering that it's one of the weakest draft classes at the QB position that we've seen in a while. But we'll see what happens, just doesn't seem like a good use of resources unless you view him as a future starter.

I'd grab a guy in the 7th if the right guy was available, just to secure him lest someone else nab him as a UDFA. 

But that's about the only way I would draft one. 7th rounders are filler picks anyway. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

This. 

He isn't a pro-caliber Safety. Not as a starter, and not really even as a backup unless it's as a deep reserve in an emergency pinch and it's him or a random WR. Dude is Taylor Mays without the attitude stuff. 

Use him, he can be valuable in some role. But expecting him to progress into a serviceable Safety is a pipe dream and he would always just be a blatant weak link. Do him and other 10 guys on D a favor and stop letting him embarrass himself. 

Abram is our D's Taysom Hill. He can play a role, possibly quite a few, but that's because of raw athletic talent. Whatever position he played in college.....that ain't it and it ain't gonna work. He's not a skill player, he's an instinctual raw athlete. 

Hell, run a false 3-3-5 with him in a rush LB/S hybrid role. He'd probably actually be pretty good at that lol. He has a nose for the ball, as long as the ball is in someone's hands and not in the air. 

Frankly, letting him play the box exclusively would probably help cover for Crosby's run D shortcomings. 

I look at the brown's game as the prototype for his success.

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd grab a guy in the 7th if the right guy was available, just to secure him lest someone else nab him as a UDFA. 

But that's about the only way I would draft one. 7th rounders are filler picks anyway. 

I doubt we carry an UDFA 3rd string QB.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Dedicated to my friend that loves my mock drafts. @Styrian Raider

86. Abraham Lucas | OT | Washington State

126. John Ridgeway | NT | Arkansas

164. Danny Gray | WR | SMU

165. Thomas Booker | DL | Stanford

227. Markquese Bell | S | Florida A&M

Well, I have seen you liked mine aswell 😉

My first 3 picks were simply too good to pass on.

I picked Goodrich and Salyer because there were reports that we have spoken to them.
Pierce because I still think, that we will pick an RB in this draft and Melton because he was one of the fastest in the combine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dedicated to my friend that loves my mock drafts. @Styrian Raider

86. Abraham Lucas | OT | Washington State

126. John Ridgeway | NT | Arkansas

164. Danny Gray | WR | SMU

165. Thomas Booker | DL | Stanford

227. Markquese Bell | S | Florida A&M

This would be a great draft if it fell this way. Find some gems at lber and g in the UDFA pool.

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I look at the brown's game as the prototype for his success.

11/3/2013: Nick Foles went 22/28, 406, 7/0 against us. 

Nick Foles wasn't anointed, because people know better than to think 1 game is ever a true turning point.

Abram has been playing S at an above high school level since 2014 and still lacks the basic coverage fundamentals. I look at that as the prototype for his success lol

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

11/3/2013: Nick Foles went 22/28, 406, 7/0 against us. 

Nick Foles wasn't anointed, because people know better than to think 1 game is ever a true turning point.

Abram has been playing S at an above high school level since 2014 and still lacks the basic coverage fundamentals. I look at that as the prototype for his success lol

I meant blitzing a lot and being used pretty much on the LOS. We shut the brown's running game down. I thought that was pretty good.

8 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I would be happy with something like this:

86. DT Phidarian Mathis

126. CB Mario Goodrich

164. RB Dameon Pierce

165. OG Jamaree Salyer

227. WR Bo Melton

I like this mock. Mathis is a DT that would be a good fit if Graham goes with the kind of DL he had at the Giants. Pierce is my favourite RB, good pass catcher, plays ST and not much wear on him. I think Salyer goes higher but in that spot he’s huge value. I’d probably like to go safety (Lake) late. 

Edited by Dessie