2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm actually pretty OK with this

Moved back twice but came up for Armour-Davis because we kept getting sniped for prospects that we wanted. If that's how the board falls on draft night though I would not complain.

I quit caring about this thread after the Adams trade.  I click on it because I see there are new posts but then I realize it's about the draft and just click back out.

Love you guys though.  I'll be sure to look at this thread more once we are picking in the third round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I quit caring about this thread after the Adams trade.  I click on it because I see there are new posts but then I realize it's about the draft and just click back out.

Love you guys though.  I'll be sure to look at this thread more once we are picking in the third round.

I completely understand.  Normally I try to take the weekend off and watch the draft but this year it seems like it is pointless.  I will probably still set up a draft pick thread but "Me vs Zeigler" does not have the same ring to it.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I completely understand.  Normally I try to take the weekend off and watch the draft but this year it seems like it is pointless.  I will probably still set up a draft pick thread but "Me vs Zeigler" does not have the same ring to it.

Mocks are kinda pointless this year now imo

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mocks are kinda pointless this year now imo

I do not do a mock thread but more a what would you do when we are on the clock.  That way we are all on record at the time or at least close to it stating who we would select.  Nobody can say you used hindsight 3 years later.  It also stops people from seeing a player they like with our 2nd round pick but looking back after the draft and say they would have taken them in the 5th because they lasted until the 6th.  Do it as close to the pick as possible.  I will not have that opportunity this year because I will be working now.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not do a mock thread but more a what would you do when we are on the clock.  That way we are all on record at the time or at least close to it stating who we would select.  Nobody can say you used hindsight 3 years later.  It also stops people from seeing a player they like with our 2nd round pick but looking back after the draft and say they would have taken them in the 5th because they lasted until the 6th.  Do it as close to the pick as possible.  I will not have that opportunity this year because I will be working now.

Naw I’m talk bout regular mocks that posters do annually. I think we find a way to trade up into the 2nd. Just a waste of time (for me at least) too unpredictable 

On 4/17/2022 at 6:31 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yikes.

90% of me wants to say I’d draft him at 86 if he fell but after Ruggs and Arnette I think we HAVE to stay clear of any player who has a past, for at least a few years.  If he falls to the 7th maybe 5th I start really thinking it’s worth the chance to draft him and place Him on a shorter leash than Kirby Wilson does with his players.  If he takes an epic draft days dive what would we be risking a 5th and +/- 360k signing bonus?

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw I’m talk bout regular mocks that posters do annually. I think we find a way to trade up into the 2nd. Just a waste of time (for me at least) too unpredictable 

I’m wondering what everyone, you included obviously, thinks:

1) what are the chances we trade up into round 2?

2) who would we target or what position?

3) what we give up to do so? Are we talking our 4th and 5th this year? I doubt it, as I can’t see us only having 3 Picks total.  Is it a  2023 2nd/3rd and 86?  Is it a combo of picks this year and next like: 86, 5th, 2023 3/4?

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

3) what we give up to do so? Are we talking our 4th and 5th this year? I doubt it, as I can’t see us only having 3 Picks total.  Is it a  2023 2nd/3rd and 86?  Is it a combo of picks this year and next like: 86, 5th, 2023 3/4?

I’m in the camp of “I’d move up to secure a RT like Abraham Lucas in the top of round 3, if he’s there, but if not I’d stay pack and take my lumps this year instead of paying the next years picks are devalued one round ‘interest’ that comes with trading future picks.  I wouldn’t trade above a ‘23 4th plus 4/5th this year to move up.  I want to see Ziegler have a full draft next year.

Edited by jimkelly02

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Not at all.  That thread isn't going to have anywhere near the same energy as the one when we had 3 picks in the first round and went Ferrell, Jacobs, and Abram.  Lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

1. Right now, probably 35/65. More likely to inch up in round 3, imo.

2. I'd say RT, CB, or maybe even WR if someone starts falling 

3. Not really sure what we'd trade in terms of picks. I think we're in prime position for packaging though. A S needy team in the top of the 3rd, we could probably trade Abram and 86 for high 3rd and a low 4th-5th, for example.

Not sure how they'll draft but something like a trade with Jacksonville for 65, 106 + some fluff (180, 188, 197, or 198) for 86 + Abram.  

I actually played this hand on PFF and wound up with 

65 Abraham Lucas, T Washington St

106  Romeo Doubs, WR Nevada

126  Matthew Butler, DT Tennessee

164. Markquese. S Bell, Florida A&M

165 Mykael Wright, CB Oregon

180 Zonovan Knight, RB NCSt

227  Josh Rivas, G Kansas St

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

1. Right now, probably 35/65. More likely to inch up in round 3, imo.

2. I'd say RT, CB, or maybe even WR if someone starts falling 

3. Not really sure what we'd trade in terms of picks. I think we're in prime position for packaging though. A S needy team in the top of the 3rd, we could probably trade Abram and 86 for high 3rd and a low 4th-5th, for example.

Not sure how they'll draft but something like a trade with Jacksonville for 65, 106 + some fluff (180, 188, 197, or 198) for 86 + Abram.  

I actually played this hand on PFF and wound up with 

65 Abraham Lucas, T Washington St

106  Romeo Doubs, WR Nevada

126  Matthew Butler, DT Tennessee

164. Markquese. S Bell, Florida A&M

165 Mykael Wright, CB Oregon

180 Zonovan Knight, RB NCSt

227  Josh Rivas, G Kansas St

Your trade ideas have a valuation for Abram being worth around a late 3rd.  I think that’s very high.

I realize their are several versions of the “draft pick trade value charts” but I’ll just use this one:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Lv

#65= 265pts + #106= 82pts = 347pts (plus the fluff of 180/188/197/198= 17.8/14.6/11/ 10.6pts)

#86=160…. So 187 pts difference, not counting the “fluff” pick from Jax, is what Abrams would have to be approximately worth.  186 Points = pick 81.

even if you take away the fluff pick and #106…. That’s valuing Abrams at 105pts which is approx equal to pick 99/100, a late 3rd round (compensatory) Pick.  

first of all thank You for taking the time to answer my post…. And with all due respect…. There ain’t no way Abrams fetches a late 3rd or is valued equally in package trade.  I think at best we clear a 4th, but a 5th is more likely.  I still like his chances of being productive as a hybrid or nickel LB/S combo or even as a 3rd safety… I would go as far as to say I think he can even be a regular old SS… but I don’t think any team would give up more than that 4/5th round pick for him.

edit NOTE:  and I’m only bringing this up because I’ve seen a lot of people say talk about or propose we trade  Abram and 86 to move up in to the late 2nd or early 3rd.  I just can’t see that happening.  It’d have to be more like 86, 106, and Abram for 65.

Edited by jimkelly02

Yep, unfortunately in pro front offices I agree he isn’t worth much. Was a silly pick when we had Joseph and needed a FS , adderly hasn’t made a big splash but him and meohrig would be decent. I agree with what you put as his value. And yes , I could see us moving up for the right OT,CB and I’ll add LB to that list (muma for example).