2022 Draft Talk

swede700

Still not sure that Brandon Smith regardless if they are playing a 3/4 is not the choice in the 2nd round.  He could easily play ILB in a 3/4 or be a OLB arguably if they wanted him to fill in at times.

DE Pierce / Twyman
NT Tomlinson / Scott
DE Watt / James Lynch

OLB Danielle Hunter / C. Surratt
ILB Eric Kendricks / T. Dye
ILB Brandon Smith / B. Lynch
OLB DJ Wonnum / J. Robinson

That is not the worst 3/4 front in the world, sucks for Twyman's development kind of but James Lynch should do fine in it same with Scott from Oregon.  Could also toy with Brandon Smith at OLB and put him more in coverage at times.  

3 Round mock draft using PFFs mock draft simulator

1.12 - Sauce Gardner CB

2.44 - Zion Johnson OG/OC

3.76 Chad Muma ILB

Sauce slots in at CB1

Johnson hopefully converts to OC and gives us Darrisaw - Cleveland - Johnson - Davis - O'Neil as the starting OL

Muma is ILB2 in our new 34 defence

I would be happy with this in the scenario that we extend Kirk, bring back Hunter and use the rest of the Draft & FA to address the secondary and WRs

3 hours ago, viking said:

3 Round mock draft using PFFs mock draft simulator

1.12 - Sauce Gardner CB

2.44 - Zion Johnson OG/OC

3.76 Chad Muma ILB

Sauce slots in at CB1

Johnson hopefully converts to OC and gives us Darrisaw - Cleveland - Johnson - Davis - O'Neil as the starting OL

Muma is ILB2 in our new 34 defence

I would be happy with this in the scenario that we extend Kirk, bring back Hunter and use the rest of the Draft & FA to address the secondary and WRs

I have Zion being a 1st round pick, and not sure I love him at center he is better at OG but we need that, sure would be great to get him 2nd round though.  Gardner is the ideal of course, Muma I need to watch more but apparently is a big time coverage linebacker who makes plays.

If Gardner, Stingley and Hamilton are all gone at DB, the Vikings should possibly seriously consider this dude on the OL.  Sure is getting a little old drafting OL all the time but Penning could easily play OG and be outstanding or could play LT or RT if need be.  Love how aggressive he plays and is apparently a great athlete for his size.  

I don’t think I can get on board with an OL pick at 12 unless Neal or Ike is there. Vikings have just way too many holes where a ol won’t be clear cut the bpa at that slot, especially in an horizontal draft board. 

fangio/Donatell requires good corner play so I can see them zeroing in on that. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 8:20 AM, battle2heaven said:

I don’t think I can get on board with an OL pick at 12 unless Neal or Ike is there. Vikings have just way too many holes where a ol won’t be clear cut the bpa at that slot, especially in an horizontal draft board. 

Even if Neal is there.... What do you do... move him inside? I just couldn't imagine Darrisaw inside. Well Neal either, but 12 seems like a waste taking a tackle like that and having to move him around.

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Even if Neal is there.... What do you do... move him inside? I just couldn't imagine Darrisaw inside. Well Neal either, but 12 seems like a waste taking a tackle like that and having to move him around.

You could move Neal inside to RG. Darrisaw could be a good RG too. 

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

Can George Karlaftis be a 3-4 base DE in the nfl?

Sure but so could DeMarvin Leal who is bigger and arguably more athletic and is generally a better pass rusher.

Real question is say Kendricks is pissed they are switching to a 3/4 and wants to play for another team and is traded, do they draft Nakobe Dean at 12, they would almost have to, that or say Bonitto drops to them, that dude is a demon on the edge and could play ILB in a 3/4 or OLB and be hell in the pass rush game assuming he tests great and I guess he will in terms of speed and quickness.  

On 2/13/2022 at 8:20 AM, battle2heaven said:

Neal I would not mind at OG but he could play LT probably better than Darrisaw and yeah Darrisaw maybe could move inside to guard.  Either way people cannot forget how bad Udoh was last year and even the backups in Cole was pretty awful there as well not to mention the struggles Bradbury had or Darrisaw had at LT.  To say OL is not an issue well it absolutely is and fact being Stingley and Gardner could both easily be gone by 12th pick and there is no other corner that should be taken that high unless Daxton Hill or Hamilton fall as safeties they are both options as well.  

5 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Dude is a great player but if he runs some slow 4.55+ 40 his stock could drop, he needs to run in the 4.4 range then there should be no real questions about him.  His top end speed and overall athletic ability I do question a bit.