2022 Draft Talk

swede700

8 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'll be disappointed if they take WR, but that won't last when he's good. I just think this D is bad, like, well below average bad. 

If they stay healthy (which is a big if), I think the defense can at least be average, which I believe is all we're hoping for at this point.  Certainly, I don't think WR would be first on many of our lists, but depending upon how the picks fall before, that may be the position that has the best players left. 

If that's the case, it's better to take one of them than reach for a greater position of need on defense.  As it is, from what I understand, the CBs are fairly thin at top-tier talent, but they are pretty deep, so they could get a decent one in the 2nd or 3rd.

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If they stay healthy (which is a big if), I think the defense can at least be average, which I believe is all we're hoping for at this point.  Certainly, I don't think WR would be first on many of our lists, but depending upon how the picks fall before, that may be the position that has the best players left. 

If that's the case, it's better to take one of them than reach for a greater position of need on defense.  As it is, from what I understand, the CBs are fairly thin at top-tier talent, but they are pretty deep, so they could get a decent one in the 2nd or 3rd.

As they can WR.....I'd rather "reach" for a good starting D player than get another WR in round one. Even if the D is average this year, they have a ton of OLD players there, and need an infusion of young talent badly, IMO. I realize I'm in the minority on this site, which is fine with me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

As they can WR.....I'd rather "reach" for a good starting D player than get another WR in round one. Even if the D is average this year, they have a ton of OLD players there, and need an infusion of young talent badly, IMO. I realize I'm in the minority on this site, which is fine with me.

I agree. Does a high end WR really move the needle at this point. I’d take a lesser valued CB (one that was still worth a top 20 pick) over a WR at this point unless that WR is a transcending talent, don’t see it this year. Jefferson and Osborn should be plenty good. Now if Thielen is healthy, even better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Solid day for Stingley. I still think he’ll be available at 12. 

I hope so, but with the new front office, we have no clue of what direction they’ll choose to go. I know if Zimmer was still the coach and Spielman was still the GM, we’d be a lock to take Stingley, but we just don’t know with this new regime. He sure would be a perfect fit with Pat Pete, JJ and the rest of the LSU alums on our team. Pat Pete is his favorite CB of all time. I think with his mentorship, Stingley can be one of the best CBs in the league. His athletic ability and ball skills are the best in this class. 

Edited by Purplepride323

The Vikings goal in the first round should be to identify and draft a playmaker. Someone who is going to come in and make a discernible difference to the team. Position doesn’t really matter. You can find starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds if you need to fill a need. You can add players in the later rounds to fill out the roster. But the 12th pick needs to be someone who is going to have a sizable impact. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

The Vikings goal in the first round should be to identify and draft a playmaker. Someone who is going to come in and make a discernible difference to the team. Position doesn’t really matter. You can find starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds if you need to fill a need. You can add players in the later rounds to fill out the roster. But the 12th pick needs to be someone who is going to have a sizable impact. 

The biggest impact on this team is fixing a terrible defense. The O is good enough to win any game right now.....so pick D. There will be an impact playmaker on D at 12.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I agree, draft a non-RB difference maker from either offense or defense. The Vikings essentially have all their starters on the roster already. Get the top talent available. 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Solid day for Stingley. I still think he’ll be available at 12. 

I think the Washington Commanders might take him at #11 unless they go WR or OL.  But yeah those are very solid times and helps prove his athletic ability and health a bit.  He is exactly in the range I wanted him to be in the 40 and that vertical jump.  

It is all about the fact of does Seattle, the Jets and Washington want a CB or not.  If not Gardner and Stingley, one could totally be there and honestly not really sure I care which one just one of those two would be great.  

Cordale Flott his LSU teammate and a guy I have as a 6th or 7th round pick also ran a 4.4 range 40 so ultimately it is good but not that amazing.  But for Stingley it is great considering his injury history over the last two years.  

1 hour ago, solidvikingfan said:

44:40 if you want the Vikings talk.

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure I see trade down possible as Ravens and Eagles likely threats.

Trent Mcduffie. Ugh. I get in so many Twitter fights every day over baby T. rex arms Mcduffie