2022 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Prospect Standouts):

Ozzy

35 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

How do you feel about Tyler Allgeier?

He would be one I have ahead of Brooks, love Allgeier and his toughness as a runner, really good leg drive and power I think could be a great back in the right system.  Not sure any back is a 1st round pick though, maybe one would be but not even so sure of that.

8 hours ago, TVScout said:

My main criticism of Faalele is he is just way too tall. I have seen many examples of over tall OTs get beat by clever speed rushers who use what I call "submarine technique". They start with the standard leap step then duck and tuck to get under the arms of the OTs. After that there is nothing the OTs can do and the QB is sacked about one second later. This is not any kind of bull rush. It is more like sneaking through the turnstiles at an entry way by going under the single horizontal poles.

True he might be a bit tall sure but not like he can change that.  There are tons of very good tall OTs in NFL history, Jonathan Ogden being arguably the best.  Faalele is really wide and the combination of his arm size, leg size and just overall girth I think is extremely rare.  

With the right coach and system he would do just fine.  I still say if he played for a different program with more of a recent proven track record of producing NFL OL, he would be getting a hell of a lot more attention than he is.

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I recently scouted DB Marcus Jones from Houston. I see you have him as a 7th rounder. Why so low?

I have not watched a ton of him, possibly I have him a bit low, if he is a legit corner then for sure could go higher but is pretty small.  Really depends on his tackling ability at that size and how well he shows out at the Senior bowl, but either way as a return man he will be in the league just on that.  Has impressive stats on paper this year with 5 INTs and 13 passes deflected.  

Typically smaller corners like that usually go really low in the draft, Nickell Robey-Coleman was a UDFA and Captain Munnerlyn was a 7th round pick.  Myles Bryant is another, I loved him out of Washington and he was a UDFA also. Both Munnerlyn and Robey-Coleman were great pros though no question and Jones has that chance as well.  

Jones does seem to have some toughness about him, obviously great change of direction ability and could be a fine slot corner and a star return man, maybe he could go in the middle rounds but depends on how he times out.  

Prospect Standouts: Bowl games

*Nakobe Dean JR ILB Georgia:  One of the best games I have seen in awhile from a ILB.  Was all over the field, arguably was the best game he played in his entire career.  Easily will be a 1st round pick, dude can just fly and coverage backers with speed are needed at the next level, Dean is exactly that.  

*Jaxon Smith-Njigba SOPH WR Ohio State:  Not sure how much of it was him and how much was awful coverage by Utah.  Either way historic game by him and honestly he makes even Wilson and Olave look kind of average at receiver with the production Jaxon has got this year.  Has a great connection with CJ and they did some big time damage.  Outstanding route runner, great burst with awesome ball awareness and hands.

*Travon Walker JR DE Georgia:  Amazing showing by him and he was a real force on the inside, massive dude that has had a great year, when they can get pressure from Walker on the edge that defense can really be something.  Will be curious if he declares, could be a lock 2nd round pick if not maybe late 1st rounder based on his size and athletic ability.  

*Quay Walker SR ILB Georgia:  Dude was a freaking force out there, massive inside linebacker that arguably had one of his best games of the year against Michigan.  Moves very well for his size and with the right system could be very solid at the next level, should be a great mid round pick.

*Malcolm Rodriguez RS SR ILB Ok State:  Dude played an outstanding game, was all over the field and showed off some big time closing speed.  I might have him a bit underrated, had him as a late round draft pick but could move up a few rounds if he is indeed as fast as he looks at times.  Very impactful game and a huge comeback that was lead by that veteran defense.

*Kolby Harvell-Peel SR S Ok State:  Standout game by him, mentioned him before but really has helped his draft stock and made some outstanding plays on the football in this game.  Good coverage safety and is easily one of the best 6 or 7 safeties in the up coming draft.

*Evan Neal JR OT Alabama:  Arguably was his best game of the season, played with good balance, did not get beat much at all and really controlled the line of scrimmage.  Was a real force out there and just totally dominated the man he was blocking, will be fun to watch him and how he does against that super inspired and motivated Georgia D which crushed Michigan.  

*AT Perry RS SOPH WR Wake Forest: Super star athlete, really will need to watch him more but kid hurdled a dude that was crazy impressive.  Super long and lean, big time prospect with huge upside and will be one to watch especially with Hartman coming back next year for Wake.

*Jayden Reed RS JR WR Michigan State:  Legit receiver with great confidence and athletic ability, made that amazing catch in the end zone and was part of a huge comeback win for Michigan State.  Big time prospect and if he comes back for 2022 he could be a 1st round pick in 2023.

*Payne Durham RS JR TE Purdue:  Dude had a great game and showed some great athletic ability.  Really big kid, is kind of under the radar but was a real force in this one and at that size he could be something at the next level.  Probably needs another season to develop be is an interesting talent with size and athletic ability.  

*Josh Sills SR OG Ok State: I need to watch him more but loved how he competed in this game, could be a big time guard prospect potentially.  Love his athletic ability and grit, need to watch more but looks like a very interesting player potentially.

*Ahmad Gardner JR CB Cincinnati:  Did not get challenged much but kid can play and his career overall on Cincinnati has been wildly impressive.  Has never given up a touchdown in his career, super long and agile in coverage and is an improved tackler also, kid could be an outstanding pro and will be drafted quite high especially if he times out well.

*Brian Robinson Jr RS SR RB Alabama:  Standout game by him and showed some big time ability, totally dominated that game on the ground.  Has always been a tough back but has shown a lot of leadership and grit this year being the man in a very need position that has lacked depth unlike past years.  Tough runner and should be a solid mid round draft pick potentially.  

*Khyree Jackson JR CB Alabama:  Have never seen him play before but kid looks legit, long corner and he is confident out there that is for sure.  Surprised he has not played more but will be needed with the injuries they have in the secondary.  Good showing for him though and is an interesting talent physically.

*Parker Washington SOPH WR Penn State:  Impressive young receiver for Penn State, had that amazing one handed catch and really has had a solid season throughout.  Should be poised to have a great season next year.  

*Jaheim Bell SOPH TE South Carolina:  Interesting talent as a stretch TE that can flex out and make big plays downfield.  They had no answer for him at all and he was a huge reason for that South Carolina victory.  Will be curious how he does next year with Rattler throwing him the ball, interesting athlete with some game breaking ability obviously.

*Clark Phillips III FR CB Utah:  Was one of the few corners for Utah that could cover in that game, is a tough kid that has good ball skills and awareness.  Still has work to do but one worth watching after a very solid freshman year.  

Others who impressed:

Jalen Carter SOPH DT Georgia

Nolan Smith JR OLB Georgia

Robert Beal Jr OLB SR Georgia

Jalen Nailor RS JR WR Michigan State 

Brian Branch JR S Alabama

Erick Hallett RS JR S Pitt

Lorenz Metz RS JR OG Cincinnati

Javion Cohen SOPH OG Alabama

JC Latham FR OT/OG Alabama

Malik Cunningham RS SR QB Louisville

Seth McLaughlin SOPH C Alabama

Blake Fisher FR OG/OT Notre Dame

Kris Jenkins SOPH DT Michigan

Britain Covey RS SR WR Utah

Disappointed

Andrew Vastardis RS SR C Michigan  - Got totally dominated in that game multiple times, surprised how that Michigan OL got beat up but they did.  Vastardis got moved around a lot and seemed to really struggle with bigger dudes with that kind of athletic ability.  

Jack Coan SR QB Notre Dame - Did have some moments but made some awful throws late in that game and threw into double and sometimes triple coverage.  No idea why he was still in the game and why they did not rotate quarterbacks at times to get a little more QB run game involved.  Coan had a great season but this was not a great game for that Notre Dame team at all, especially blowing such a big lead.  

Brock Purdy SR QB Iowa State - Made some really bad choices with the football in that game, is worth drafting late but overall he has been kind of a disappointment considering how good he was as a freshman, has not really progressed all that much overall as a player.  

Myjai Sanders SR DE Cincinnati - Did get some pressures which was nice but overall has had a down year and the disappointing part is that he is so weak on the edge, cannot hold his own at all and neither could any Cincy DL really.  Bama ran all over them and that is not something they have been all that good at this year.  Sanders will have to get stronger at holding the point of attack and not getting pushed around and losing contain. 

Note: Not prospect related but was odd seeing Marcus Freeman and how he acted during that Bowl game.  One would think the team would play inspired and tough because they got their guy as the coach, a fresh new young coach.  They did not play that way at all.  Freeman was far more animated during the games and into the games as the D coordinator, seemed pretty timid and out of place as the head coach for the first time.  Rarely even talked to the defensive players and did not do much coaching or inspiring.  Maybe he was just nervous who knows but was not a good first showing by him or his team.  Hopefully he corrects some things but honestly that was an awful outing for Notre Dame considering the lead they had.  Nick Saban did not stop coaching defense when he became the head coach at Michigan State, LSU or Alabama and I suggest Marcus does the same thing.  Too bad for such a promising young coach, but he looked like he was out of place and needs to get back to coaching.  Not all head coaches are the CEO type and not hands on, you can still be hands on and be the HC.  Handled the press conference after the game extremely well though, I give him that.

Edited by Ozzy

New additions that I feel could be drafted based on the talent they have shown.  Beal I feel still might return to Georgia, has not played a ton but last game he impressed on the edge and has the build.  Hall is an interesting talented based on his blocking and especially his pass catching skills, and Araiza could be one of the best punters to come into the league in awhile, guy had a standout year and lead San Diego State in special teams tackles! I have never seen anything like that before, and he is a legit tackler when he arrives to the ball.  Oh and he is the "single-season punting leader of all time." and apparently was 96-97 on extra points, not as good on kicking field goals but who cares.

Matt Araiza SDSU RS JR P
Bamidele Olaseni Utah RS SR OT
Josh Sills Ok State SR OG
Jalen Nailor Michigan State RS JR WR
Kevin Harris South Carolina JR RB
Mario Goodrich Clemson SR CB
Cade Mays Tennessee RS JR OG
Jerome Ford Cincinnati RS JR RB
Dante Stills West Virginia SR DT/DE
Jerrion Ealy Ole Miss JR RB
Chandler Wooten Auburn RS SR OLB
Robert Beal Jr OLB SR Georgia
John Samuel Shenker Auburn RS SR TE
Esezi Otomewo Minnesota RS SR DE
Jeremiah Hall RS SR FB/TE Oklahoma

Players returning to school that commented on it recently.  Kind of surprised with Wooden but ultimately a good choice for him, and Player if put in the right spot could be an awesome pass rushing DT, kid is a great athlete.  

Jaxon Player Tulsa SR DT
Colby Wooden Auburn RS SOPH DE
Will Mallory Miami FL RS JR TE
John Michael Schmitz Minnesota RS SR C
Joey Porter Jr Penn State RS SOPH CB
Tiawan Mullen Indiana JR CB

Players that benefited from that extra year having a COVID season and getting a fifth or sometime sixth year of eligibility.  A lot of them really improved as prospects and putting them in this up coming draft makes it even deeper as a group, sure some teams might not like an older prospect but all of these guys improved over this past year and some greatly improved.  

Connor Heyward Michigan State RB RS SR
Coby Bryant Cincinnati RS SR CB
Malcolm Rodriguez Ok State RS SR ILB
Zion Johnson Boston College RS SR OG/OT
Brian Robinson Jr Alabama RS SR RB
Eyioma Uwazurike Iowa State RS SR DE
Ryan Liam Washington State RS SR OG
Tomon Fox UNC RS SR OLB
Conner Olson Minnesota RS SR C/OG
Jack Jones Arizona State RS SR CB
Zach VanValkenburg Iowa RS SR DE
JoJo Domann Nebraska RS SR OLB
Sam Schlueter Minnesota RS SR OG/O
Chris Owens Alabama RS SR C
Big Kat Bryant Tennessee SR DE
Jahad Woods Washington State OLB RS SR
Brandon Drayton Marshall S RS SR

On 1/2/2022 at 10:08 PM, Ozzy said:

Myjai Sanders SR DE Cincinnati - Did get some pressures which was nice but overall has had a down year and the disappointing part is that he is so weak on the edge, cannot hold his own at all and neither could any Cincy DL really.  Bama ran all over them and that is not something they have been all that good at this year.  Sanders will have to get stronger at holding the point of attack and not getting pushed around and losing contain. 

That probably would have happened to anyone who played against Bama, that's just how they are built. As far as Sanders, I think his best football is ahead of him, and the defense he plays in doesn't do him any favors IMO. 

On 1/5/2022 at 8:01 PM, Ozzy said:

Eyioma Uwazurike Iowa State RS SR DE

This guy needs to be talked about more, he is a sleeper for sure.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:01 PM, Ozzy said:

Zach VanValkenburg Iowa RS SR DE

This guy benefitted greatly from another year 

Also, I noticed you didn't have anything on Hutchinson, i'm interested to see your take.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That probably would have happened to anyone who played against Bama, that's just how they are built. As far as Sanders, I think his best football is ahead of him, and the defense he plays in doesn't do him any favors IMO. 

This guy benefitted greatly from another year 

Also, I noticed you didn't have anything on Hutchinson, i'm interested to see your take.

True but this year Bama has absolutely sucked at running the football, and Sanders did not exactly hold the edge well at all and neither did any of the Cinci DL, that Bama line moved people but granted they played arguably their best game of the season in that one.  Cinci LBs were nothing great either, I think Sanders based on all of that might be best as a 3/4 OLB not a down 4/3 DE.  Sure the coaches say he is still very impactful this year and he was, but his sacks and TFLs are down with more attention on him this year, and others have greatly outplayed him in terms of production as edge players.

As for Hutchinson I have commented on him many times this year week after week in pervious posts.  And that list was guys who were RS SRs or true SRs that got another opportunity because of the COVID year and would not have if the Pandemic did not happen.  As far as I know Hutchinson did not get another opportunity because of a COVID year, he was just a JR and is now a SR or RS JR if one counts 2020 as a RS year.

Sure he greatly improved this year but I believe I had him as a 1st rounder before this season based on the flashes he showed already at Michigan and the physical profile he has.  This year he clearly took his game to a totally new level though of course.

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure he greatly improved this year but I believe I had him as a 1st rounder before this season based on the flashes he showed already at Michigan and the physical profile he has.  This year he clearly took his game to a totally new level though of course.

I definitely can get behind that, his play dang near went up 2 levels, and he definitely is a 1st round pick. I just think he belongs in the 10-15 category 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I definitely can get behind that, his play dang near went up 2 levels, and he definitely is a 1st round pick. I just think he belongs in the 10-15 category 

He will be picked #1 or #2 overall I feel in this group of players.  No one has really stood out more than he has this year.  Chase Young is the obvious player to compare him to, and sure Hutchinson played with talented players on D especially Ojabo opposite him but that linebacker core is nothing amazing on Michigan compared to Chase Young and what he played with at Ohio State in Peter Werner, Baron Browning, Malik Harrison and Tuf Borland.  Then take the secondary granted Daxton Hill is a super start but it is not nearly as deep as Ohio Stat was with Jordan Fuller, Jeff Okudah, Damon Arnette and Shaun Wade.  The DL is kind of a wash but Zach Harrison, DaVon Hamilton, Jashon Cornell and Tyreke Smith are not awful players and all will be or are in the NFL now.  Not sure Michigan has great depth at DL but Jenkins has promise, so does Hinton and Ojabo of course was great but a ton of that had to do with the attention Hutchinson got.

So one could say Hutchinson maybe did more with less but sure it was only this past season really but he did flash that SOPH year and that first few games of 2020 before he got hurt.  

And there is this...

"Hutchinson is in the midst of the second-most dominant season by a pass-rusher in the PFF College era — behind only former Ohio State Buckeye Chase Young in 2019. He owns a 93.3 pass-rush grade through eight games, and over half of his single-game grades have finished above 85.0. Hutchinson is generating pressure at the highest rate in college football (21.9%) and is winning most of his one-on-one true pass-rush opportunities. And he is doing this after suffering a season-ending fracture in his leg in the COVID-shortened 2020 season. With his power and get-off, Hutchinson has been virtually unblockable this season and should probably be thrown into the Heisman conversation."

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-top-pass-rushers-on-edge-week-10-aidan-hutchinson-kayvon-thibodeaux

With the passion and intensity he played with this year, it is hard to say hey I do not want that guy on my team.  Dude gave supreme effort all year.  Sure maybe it was because he was playing for a school he loved where his Dad played but no reason why he could not keep up that kind of effort in the NFL.  And it is not like he is not skilled either, sure Chase Young was arguably more athletic but in terms of consistent intensity give me Hutchinson especially if he can keep playing like that through his career.  

61f02446-16fe-4e8a-ab97-e274f8a84988_500

LameMagnificentIchthyostega-max-1mb.gif

AfraidConfusedDipper-max-1mb.gif

Only real down part of his entire season was that Georgia game.  That Washington game prime time he was amazing against an apparent NFL talent tackle, Ohio State clearly was dominating against NFL level competition, Penn State crushed them and they have NFL prospects at OT even though they are overrated especially Walker, even Iowa he was great against and they have a solid OL. 

Still again a lot of that Georgia game was circumstance and they could never really get going on D because they were not used to playing without a lead.   Curious if that same thing would happen if they played again or if Georgia actually beat Bama.  They were obviously the super motivated team and that Michigan offense clearly got destroyed regardless.

Either way hard to say anyone has played more impressive this year than Hutchinson and he well deserves to be the #1 or #2 pick overall.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He will be picked #1 or #2 overall I feel in this group of players.  No one has really stood out more than he has this year.  Chase Young is the obvious player to compare him to, and sure Hutchinson played with talented players on D especially Ojabo opposite him but that linebacker core is nothing amazing on Michigan compared to Chase Young and what he played with at Ohio State in Peter Werner, Baron Browning, Malik Harrison and Tuf Borland.  Then take the secondary granted Daxton Hill is a super start but it is not nearly as deep as Ohio Stat was with Jordan Fuller, Jeff Okudah, Damon Arnette and Shaun Wade.  The DL is kind of a wash but Zach Harrison, DaVon Hamilton, Jashon Cornell and Tyreke Smith are not awful players and all will be or are in the NFL now.  Not sure Michigan has great depth at DL but Jenkins has promise, so does Hinton and Ojabo of course was great but a ton of that had to do with the attention Hutchinson got.

So one could say Hutchinson maybe did more with less but sure it was only this past season really but he did flash that SOPH year and that first few games of 2020 before he got hurt.  

And there is this...

"Hutchinson is in the midst of the second-most dominant season by a pass-rusher in the PFF College era — behind only former Ohio State Buckeye Chase Young in 2019. He owns a 93.3 pass-rush grade through eight games, and over half of his single-game grades have finished above 85.0. Hutchinson is generating pressure at the highest rate in college football (21.9%) and is winning most of his one-on-one true pass-rush opportunities. And he is doing this after suffering a season-ending fracture in his leg in the COVID-shortened 2020 season. With his power and get-off, Hutchinson has been virtually unblockable this season and should probably be thrown into the Heisman conversation."

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-top-pass-rushers-on-edge-week-10-aidan-hutchinson-kayvon-thibodeaux

With the passion and intensity he played with this year, it is hard to say hey I do not want that guy on my team.  Dude gave supreme effort all year.  Sure maybe it was because he was playing for a school he loved where his Dad played but no reason why he could not keep up that kind of effort in the NFL.  And it is not like he is not skilled either, sure Chase Young was arguably more athletic but in terms of consistent intensity give me Hutchinson especially if he can keep playing like that through his career.  

61f02446-16fe-4e8a-ab97-e274f8a84988_500

LameMagnificentIchthyostega-max-1mb.gif

AfraidConfusedDipper-max-1mb.gif

Only real down part of his entire season was that Georgia game.  That Washington game prime time he was amazing against an apparent NFL talent tackle, Ohio State clearly was dominating against NFL level competition, Penn State crushed them and they have NFL prospects at OT even though they are overrated especially Walker, even Iowa he was great against and they have a solid OL. 

Still again a lot of that Georgia game was circumstance and they could never really get going on D because they were not used to playing without a lead.   Curious if that same thing would happen if they played again or if Georgia actually beat Bama.  They were obviously the super motivated team and that Michigan offense clearly got destroyed regardless.

Either way hard to say anyone has played more impressive this year than Hutchinson and he well deserves to be the #1 or #2 pick overall.  

I feel all of that but unfortunately, those highlights were against guys who were mentally and physically inferior, he feasted on those guys. I personally can't put a guy who cant shine on the biggest stage as high because you are going to eventually rely on them on the big state. Ill always give an extra point to a guy who isnt afraid to shine on the biggest stage, especially when all things are equal.

All of those advanced stats are fine but those were against the people who were weak, I need to see you dominate against guys who project as starters at the next level. I just cant stomach a guy being a #1/#2 pick a guy who is nowhere to be found on the biggest stage. 

29 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I feel all of that but unfortunately, those highlights were against guys who were mentally and physically inferior, he feasted on those guys. I personally can't put a guy who cant shine on the biggest stage as high because you are going to eventually rely on them on the big state. Ill always give an extra point to a guy who isnt afraid to shine on the biggest stage, especially when all things are equal.

All of those advanced stats are fine but those were against the people who were weak, I need to see you dominate against guys who project as starters at the next level. I just cant stomach a guy being a #1/#2 pick a guy who is nowhere to be found on the biggest stage. 

Those two tackles on Ohio State Petit-Frere and Jones are both potential and most likely 1st round picks one in 2022 and the other most likely in 2023.  Hutchinson totally beat them both up, I did not provide an animated gif oh him against Ohio State because I could not find one but sure could put a highlight show in itself with what he did against them.   They are physically inferior?  

Sure he did not shine against Georgia but he did multiple other times this season and to say playing Ohio State and Iowa in the Big Ten title were not big stages, well they were along with a few other games.

By the way Salyer is not going to be a offensive tackle in the NFL, most likely a OG and might be a 1st round pick but also might not and I seriously doubt McClendon would be a 1st rounder next year either.  Still hard to wreck the game when your offense on the other side does little to nothing until the backup QB comes in late, you are given awful field position and the other team is scheming you out of the football game.  

9 players caught a pass for Georgia, 3 of them were running backs.  They have a great TE group with Bowers who is outstanding and Washington who is basically like a third offensive tackle and helps greatly in blocking not to mention Fitzpatrick who is solid when he needs to be.  Mitchell and Burton at WR are both almost running backs physically especially after the catch so that helps also, not to mention Bennett who is a very mobile QB who got some key runs in that game himself.  And they did run the ball good enough and used 7 different guys so all fresh all the time.

Oh and the defense absolutely destroyed Michigan and everything they did, and Travon Walker played one of the best games of the season, so did Dean, Walker, Smith, Kendrick and Beal.  

So to judge Hutchinson on that one game, no thanks.  Chase Young played well against Clemson but they did lose to them in the Playoff and he did not get a sack or TFL.  Hutchinson did have a few good plays in that game but ultimately it did not matter just like with Chase Young against Clemson it did not matter.  

Lets say these are the guys who could be the 1st overall pick, in terms of what they did this season Hutchinson out played them all.  And Hamilton obviously has been hurt so that is not the best, great player though.  Stingley also has been constantly hurt, Wilson has been hurt this year also and has not been as good as most thought, Neal outside of the past game has been kind of down and Thibodeau has played well but not sure he dominated like most thought he would.  Daxton is amazing but yeah not sure he should be a 1st overall either. So yeah in that group hard to not say Hutchinson should be the 1st overall pick out of the top players in this specific class.  

Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE
Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR DE
Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S
Evan Neal Alabama JR OT
Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR WR
Derek Stingley Jr LSU JR CB
Daxton Hill Michigan JR S

Sure maybe long term it would be different comparing him to other groups of players in different classes but in this class hard to not say he is the #1 or #2 pick in the draft.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You can’t say he will or won’t show up on the big stage in the nfl based on this one game. OSU was a huge stage for him too it’s all he talked about since committing to Michigan was beating them. Afraid to shine? Yeah because fear is why he didn’t have a great game.

Outside of the guys on Georgia and Alabama here are the top guys I feel that have not declared for the draft yet potentially.

Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame RS SOPH DE
Habakkuk Baldonado Pitt RS JR DE
Dawand Jones Ohio State JR OT
Jarrett Patterson Notre Dame SR C
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS JR DE/OLB
Zach Harrison Ohio State JR DE
Vincent Gray Michigan JR CB
Sean Rhyan UCLA JR OT
Bubba Bolden Miami FL RS SR S
Ainias Smith Texas A&M JR RB/WR

Ainias Smith Texas A&M JR RB/WR is returning to school in 2022, kind of a surprise but then again he did not have that great of a year.  Overall though has a duel threat RB he is outstanding, should get the ball a lot more next year especially as a RB.

PJ Mustipher Penn State SR DT is returning to school in 2022 as well, surprised by that he was playing great before he got hurt but wanted to come back for another season and will be doing so.

Noah Taylor UNC SR OLB, used to be a player at Virginia and I guess he transferred to UNC for next season, promising talent and is a super long and lean LB.

12 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Eyioma Uwazurike I do need to watch him more but every time I saw him he was awesome even in that 3/3/5 D.  Could play DE in a 3/4 and be great or could play in a 4/3 arguably on the inside.  His production is nuts though for a dude that big.  I also really like Isaiah Lee his teammate, he did some impressive things at NT for them this year.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Those two tackles on Ohio State Petit-Frere and Jones are both potential and most likely 1st round picks one in 2022 and the other most likely in 2023.  Hutchinson totally beat them both up, I did not provide an animated gif oh him against Ohio State because I could not find one but sure could put a highlight show in itself with what he did against them.   They are physically inferior?  

Sure he did not shine against Georgia but he did multiple other times this season and to say playing Ohio State and Iowa in the Big Ten title were not big stages, well they were along with a few other games.

By the way Salyer is not going to be a offensive tackle in the NFL, most likely a OG and might be a 1st round pick but also might not and I seriously doubt McClendon would be a 1st rounder next year either.  Still hard to wreck the game when your offense on the other side does little to nothing until the backup QB comes in late, you are given awful field position and the other team is scheming you out of the football game.  

9 players caught a pass for Georgia, 3 of them were running backs.  They have a great TE group with Bowers who is outstanding and Washington who is basically like a third offensive tackle and helps greatly in blocking not to mention Fitzpatrick who is solid when he needs to be.  Mitchell and Burton at WR are both almost running backs physically especially after the catch so that helps also, not to mention Bennett who is a very mobile QB who got some key runs in that game himself.  And they did run the ball good enough and used 7 different guys so all fresh all the time.

Oh and the defense absolutely destroyed Michigan and everything they did, and Travon Walker played one of the best games of the season, so did Dean, Walker, Smith, Kendrick and Beal.  

So to judge Hutchinson on that one game, no thanks.  Chase Young played well against Clemson but they did lose to them in the Playoff and he did not get a sack or TFL.  Hutchinson did have a few good plays in that game but ultimately it did not matter just like with Chase Young against Clemson it did not matter.  

Lets say these are the guys who could be the 1st overall pick, in terms of what they did this season Hutchinson out played them all.  And Hamilton obviously has been hurt so that is not the best, great player though.  Stingley also has been constantly hurt, Wilson has been hurt this year also and has not been as good as most thought, Neal outside of the past game has been kind of down and Thibodeau has played well but not sure he dominated like most thought he would.  Daxton is amazing but yeah not sure he should be a 1st overall either. So yeah in that group hard to not say Hutchinson should be the 1st overall pick out of the top players in this specific class.  

Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE
Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR DE
Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S
Evan Neal Alabama JR OT
Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR WR
Derek Stingley Jr LSU JR CB
Daxton Hill Michigan JR S

Sure maybe long term it would be different comparing him to other groups of players in different classes but in this class hard to not say he is the #1 or #2 pick in the draft.  

I just dont see Hutch and Young in the same category, Young is an easy bender and Hutchinson is power based. And the difference between the two arguments is you literally saw in games 2 and 3 guys the whole game on Young, you have to search to find times in the UGA game when teams doubled him. Like the percentage of him being doubled in that game is very low which means he was locked up by a single blocker and im sorry that doesnt fly with me.

But I guess the good thing about it is, we all have a different perspective on things which is fine.

18 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

You can’t say he will or won’t show up on the big stage in the nfl based on this one game. OSU was a huge stage for him too it’s all he talked about since committing to Michigan was beating them. Afraid to shine? Yeah because fear is why he didn’t have a great game.

Did you see what Salyer was doing to him? Maybe we saw two different things...

Trust me, there are already articles by reputable people about what happened. 

Also, the one game thing probably isnt fair but we all know UGA and the SEC period is the standard for which high level football is played at the collegiate game. I look for big time players to play big and he didn't. 

I guess I just put more emphasis on performance.

Edited by MSURacerDT55