2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

Zion Johnson and Jermaine Johnson been solid so far.  Keep eyes on them.

DE Myjai Sanders and S Jalen Pitre are small but powerful. Umm.

DT Perrion Winfrey has been outstanding.

TE Jeremy Ruckert is said to have a shot to be first TE off the board. That means Jets can't have both McBride and Ruckert. ugh?

They practiced outside. Someone lied to me, heh.

Anyway.  Sam Howell, Malik Willis and Carson Strong are offering somewhat real deal.  I don't know if Jets have chance to find a trading partner to trade down from either #4 or #10.

Howell and Willis are short in height and played offenses that don't translate into NFL level.

Strong's knee will be heavily looked at but he was born and raised in easy air raid offense system.

Lets hope Lions fall in love hard with Jermaine Johnson for #2 even though I don't mind taking him for either #4 or #10 depending on value robbing measure.

Scouts are questioning Thib's desire for football due to his brand?  IDK  and think he took advantage of weak Tackles.  Also saying they don't see huge upside with Hutchinson, just a solid player, but not a Bosa/Mack who can affect a game.

Someone like Ojabo has more upside for sack numbers which is what I care about versus all around game.

31 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Scouts are questioning Thib's desire for football due to his brand?  IDK  and think he took advantage of weak Tackles.  Also saying they don't see huge upside with Hutchinson, just a solid player, but not a Bosa/Mack who can affect a game.

Someone like Ojabo has more upside for sack numbers which is what I care about versus all around game.

Thibs looks like getting comfortable by being locked for having big money in ahead time.  

Hutchinson may be As Is player but he took many assignments on defense.  NFL may need to cut down some to focus on essential keys for him.

Both could give us 8-14 sacks annually if used correctly.

Now, Travon Walker and Jermaine Johnson are about to make noise for top 10 money. Plus Ojabo.

Jets will have 5 options to consider for top 10, depending logical value.

I am fed up with a little information about Perrion Winfrey's arrest/jail time on the internet.  Premium Contents?  **** you!

Eric Johnson has wrecked OL as well but he is on wrong team.   Damn it.

Dominique Robinson has a serious potential to be a stud. I don't mind Jets double dipping on Edge.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

There are too many potential WRs in this class so I wonder if JD will attack day 3 for WR like he did with DB in last draft.

If I had to bet we don’t spend a 1st on a guy. But I do think we spend a 2nd on one. Davis and Mims can’t be trusted to stay healthy or be useful for us. I like both if their games… but Davis can’t stay healthy and something isn’t clicking for Mims. Therefore WR is a need. I do think we value Edge… but we will continue to try and help Wilson as much as possible. I expect the OL to get a guy and for us too add a WR and maybe multiple TEs. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If I had to bet we don’t spend a 1st on a guy. But I do think we spend a 2nd on one. Davis and Mims can’t be trusted to stay healthy or be useful for us. I like both if their games… but Davis can’t stay healthy and something isn’t clicking for Mims. Therefore WR is a need. I do think we value Edge… but we will continue to try and help Wilson as much as possible. I expect the OL to get a guy and for us too add a WR and maybe multiple TEs. 

If Jets plan to draft WR that high then they have to absolutely make sure that they will incorporate in that WR like they did with Elijah Moore.  I am okay with it. For sure, Davis and Moore are locked for first 3 WR lineup so it is strongly possible.  It won't stop me looking for a late round WR anyway.

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk