2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You’re overlooking many variables involved. Not saying he’s without fault but look at the whole picture. Still have to draft a kid but Mims should still be in the plans for now.

He barely saw the field when everyone was hurt last season. It's unlikely he's going to see the field.  I'm not sure if there is a bigger picture here. Are you expecting him to become a starter between this season and the final season of his contract? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He barely saw the field when everyone was hurt last season. It's unlikely he's going to see the field.  I'm not sure if there is a bigger picture here. Are you expecting him to become a starter between this season and the final season of his contract? 

It’s not about what I’m expecting. And again him not seeing time isn’t what I’m discussing, I’m talking about why. All the reasons he’s career have been plagued thus far are things that can be fixed. This isn’t a kid who’s incapable he just needs to put it all together. Starting with a healthy and productive off-season. 

Mims has no excuse to not know the playbook like he doesn’t have to think at all this year. Physically I think he has what it takes. He just needs to stay healthy and opportunity. Do I think he should be slated in as WR2? No way. But if he can get work on the outside when given the chance now knowing the playbook. That’d be great. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s not about what I’m expecting. And again him not seeing time isn’t what I’m discussing, I’m talking about why. All the reasons he’s career have been plagued thus far are things that can be fixed. This isn’t a kid who’s incapable he just needs to put it all together. Starting with a healthy and productive off-season. 

If he can prove he's more than the 5th best WR after we draft someone or if we don't draft someone in the top-2 rounds, I'll start believing the coaches are considering him. I don't think the team is focused on saving him a spot. If they want to double dip at WR, they will. I would LOVE to be wrong about this, but I'm not wasting my time thinking about his future. Show me you can be Davis' replacement or at least better than Berrios. 

I think we take London or Williams at 10. Think Garrett goes to ATL. I’m okay with either to be quite honest would like Williams a little more but wouldn’t be upset with London, big dude with fluid movements and good route running reminds me a bit of Michael Thomas

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think we take London or Williams at 10. Think Garrett goes to ATL. I’m okay with either to be quite honest would like Williams a little more but wouldn’t be upset with London, big dude with fluid movements and good route running reminds me a bit of Michael Thomas

He is a bust. I want nothing to do with him. He is going to struggle to get separation. He is a Mathews, Benjamin type guy that will be out of the league before he even reaches his next contract. Then they will do that stupid move trying ro make him a TE 3 to 4 years down the road and be out of the league. London is a third round pick in my eyes at best. I would take players like Oliva, Moore, over him. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

He is a bust. I want nothing to do with him. He is going to struggle to get separation. He is a Mathews, Benjamin type guy that will be out of the league before he even reaches his next contract. Then they will do that stupid move trying ro make him a TE 3 to 4 years down the road and be out of the league. London is a third round pick in my eyes at best. I would take players like Oliva, Moore, over him. 

Dude was the best WR in the nation last year in the 8 games he played, and your calling him a bust before he ever takes an NFL snap? COME ON MAN!!!

Listen I'd rather Williams or Wilson too. But to say London is pretty much trash (like you are) is trash.

• Like 1

We should keep in mind JD has held the contested catch metric in high regard. We saw that with Davis in FA and Mims in the draft. 

While it hasn’t fully worked out for both those guys (or other contested catch guys coming into the league see Reagor or Aregea-Whiteside) I could see the trend continue with London. JD also loves a multi-sport athlete…

I won’t mind Williams, Wilson, Burks, or London it comes down to the coaches and their preference, but how has no one mentioned that Williams has had only one year of success? He just feels high risk for multiple reasons. 

27 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

For all the Williams love here, what makes people think he won't go #8 to ATL? They are close to tank mode anyway.

The WR room in Atl is pretty barren since I don't think Ridley ever plays for them again.  At the very least he may not be trusted.  Therefore, I think they would draft Wilson who will be ready to participate day 1.  Williams won't.  They may also go QB if they love one.  Chances are Mariota is just a one year place holder but if they like a QB at 8, they may not wait.

15 minutes ago, xrade said:

The WR room in Atl is pretty barren since I don't think Ridley ever plays for them again.  At the very least he may not be trusted.  Therefore, I think they would draft Wilson who will be ready to participate day 1.  Williams won't.  They may also go QB if they love one.  Chances are Mariota is just a one year place holder but if they like a QB at 8, they may not wait.

This year is likely a wash for them.  They get a top 3 pick and a QB next season then have Pitts, Ridley and Williams ready for him.

I like Wilson and don't think it's wrong, but if Williams is that much better than everyone, the Falcons should be thinking the same thing.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

For all the Williams love here, what makes people think he won't go #8 to ATL? They are close to tank mode anyway.

They very well could.

ATL on paper needs a WR bad with Ridley out and loosing Gage. So they have a very weak WR room. They could also go QB and let him sit for a year.

Falcons have tendency to get prospects they love to have no matter, GoT.

Anyway, Jets being "inactive" in draft project after Senior Bowl week is concerning me.  Just because Jets had success last year doesn't mean Jets can repeat this feat this month.  Last year, all NFL teams had same limitations on accessing information of prospects. This year, Jets and a few others are only ones that continue practicing that way.  I see drawback there.  

Taking Trevor Penning for an example. He, Nicholas Petit-Frere and Tyler Smith are similar when you can count on in year 1 but Penning is only one that being talked as top 10.  PF or Smith in 2nd round offers better value than Penning as 1st rounder. If Jets decided to take WR instead of Penning in 1st then what? Skipping OT all the way or blindly picking a leftover who?

While I don't mind Jets loading up the roster with a bunch of National prospects I surely hope Jets actually collect legit information without auditioning prospects in person.

Edited by JetsandI

Dang it.   Many prospects I like will be 23 years old by week 1. lol. 

I can see that Christian Watson, Jalen Pitre and Jermaine Johnson will be worthy of high picks among with Trevor Penning (JD's crush). I am not sure about Devin Lloyd but I don't think JD will take him anyway.

I'm only looking at Thibo, JJ, Jamo, and Wilson right now. Stingley, Sauce, Lloyd, Hamilton, Dean, and Linderbaum also work for me if there was a trade for a WR or for more picks at some point. 

Day 2:

Travis Jones, Raimann, Cine, Ojabo (If we pass on a Edge), Ebiketie, Pickens, Leal, Brisker, Woolen, C.Thomas, Winfrey, Kinnard, Quay Walker, A.Lucas, NPF, D.Bell, K.Philip, Pickens, C.Watson, Elam*, Rasheed Walker, J.Metchie, Dulcich, Pitre, James Cook, Zach Tom!, Chad Muma, Coby Bryant, Myjai Sanders, Tariq Castro-Fields. 

Day 3: 

Brandon Smith, Zamir White, Tyler Allgeier, Max Mitchell, Kerby Joseph, James Houston, D'Marco Jackson, Velus Jones, Jermaine Waller, Cameron Goode, Nick Grant, Christopher Allen, JT Woods, MoMo Sanogo, Ryan Van Demark, and Markquese Bell. 

• Like 1