2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

G/T who could be had later down the 1st round or early 2nd is Fantanu from Washington. This is a guy you could move around, same could be said for T Jordan Morgan. Every OL doesn't have to be an Alt. There are still some good ones to be had. Fuaga is another highly thought of T as is Latham. 

So theoretically we could draft down. But here is the sort of wrench in all of it, what if Harrison falls to the Jets. The Jets would have to draft him, because a year from now, in the redraft he will be the first pick off the board.

If I'm the Bears, he's the first player off the board. This is superstar material, then grab yourself a QB if you think you need one. But as for the Jets if he's there its a no brainer with Harrison and Wilson and A.R..

I do think the Jets will be picking in the top 10 maybe 11 at worse. 

My top 11 players in no order.

1. C. Williams

2. Harrison

3. Maye

4. Fashanu

5. Nabers

6. Alt

7. J. Daniels

8. Bo Nix

9. Penix

10. Bowers

11. Odunze

I think the Jets end up with Alt or Fashanu. I do think a lot of teams will trade up for a QB this year. I'm very hard on QB's but i do think this QB is way above the last QB classes in the last 10 years by depth. I think you have 4 starting QB's and a big time bust in this draft. The best QB in the draft right now to me is Penix followed by a very close Bo Nix. The next would be Maye and Daniels. I think Caleb Willimas is a big time bust. I'm not a fan of Bowers because I hate all TE. I don't care who the TE is i would never think about picking a TE until the 4th or 5th round. There are VERY few TE that can control or take over a game. They are so rare it is not even worth a try on the TE for the first 3 rounds. Harrison is going to be a big time STUD. He has all the tools to be a top WR in the NFL. Nabers will be a top 15 WR in the NFL. I would love for the Jets to end up with a Bo Nix or someone like this they moved up for. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

1. C. Williams

2. Harrison

3. Maye

4. Fashanu

5. Nabers

6. Alt

7. J. Daniels

8. Bo Nix

9. Penix

10. Bowers

11. Odunze

I think the Jets end up with Alt or Fashanu. I do think a lot of teams will trade up for a QB this year. I'm very hard on QB's but i do think this QB is way above the last QB classes in the last 10 years by depth. I think you have 4 starting QB's and a big time bust in this draft. The best QB in the draft right now to me is Penix followed by a very close Bo Nix. The next would be Maye and Daniels. I think Caleb Willimas is a big time bust. I'm not a fan of Bowers because I hate all TE. I don't care who the TE is i would never think about picking a TE until the 4th or 5th round. There are VERY few TE that can control or take over a game. They are so rare it is not even worth a try on the TE for the first 3 rounds. Harrison is going to be a big time STUD. He has all the tools to be a top WR in the NFL. Nabers will be a top 15 WR in the NFL. I would love for the Jets to end up with a Bo Nix or someone like this they moved up for. 

I also like Nix. I really hope we end up drafting someone in round 3 or move back into round 2 if someone the front office loves falls. We finally have the perfect situation for a QB to sit behind Rodgers. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 7:48 PM, jetfuel34 said:

1. C. Williams

2. Harrison

3. Maye

4. Fashanu

5. Nabers

6. Alt

7. J. Daniels

8. Bo Nix

9. Penix

10. Bowers

11. Odunze

These are some of the wildest takes I've seen.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Amegadjie, Fuaga, Morgan, and Paul are on my scout list. 

I like Paul if we trade down for a pick. He’s probably the best fit at LT (from my limited review) compared to the 1st round prospects. They’re all OT/G or RT. 

14 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Amegadjie, Fuaga, Morgan, and Paul are on my scout list. 

Not crazy about Houston OL.  I don't remember any OL under Dana Holgorsen has NFL career.  Granted, I don't actually track them but once I see OL that plays for Dana I look away.  Sorry.

I begin to concern about Joe Alt because when I watched him play he only did uncover and cover job for ND.  That's it.   Not much of lateral movements.  Field drills at the combine or on pro day will confirm whether or not he can play ZBS for Jets.   Jets need at least 60/40 blocking assignment to make offense click well.

11 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Not crazy about Houston OL.  I don't remember any OL under Dana Holgorsen has NFL career.  Granted, I don't actually track them but once I see OL that plays for Dana I look away.  Sorry.

I begin to concern about Joe Alt because when I watched him play he only did uncover and cover job for ND.  That's it.   Not much of lateral movements.  Field drills at the combine or on pro day will confirm whether or not he can play ZBS for Jets.   Jets need at least 60/40 blocking assignment to make offense click well.

Lol that's not a good reason to not consider him. 

Alt is interesting because it does feel like most of his hype comes from the fact he's a athletic looking OT from ND. I have to watch more of him but I haven't seen anyone treat him like a can't miss prospect.  

I think more teams will try to fix their oline with vets instead of this class. Thats why I'm not stressed about the amount of Talent available,  I'm just mad because I don't know if our staff could develop any of the OTs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Lol that's not a good reason to not consider him. 

Alt is interesting because it does feel like most of his hype comes from the fact he's a athletic looking OT from ND. I have to watch more of him but I haven't seen anyone treat him like a can't miss prospect.  

I think more teams will try to fix their oline with vets instead of this class. Thats why I'm not stressed about the amount of Talent available,  I'm just mad because I don't know if our staff could develop any of the OTs. 

This is part of the reason why I’m such a fan of going heavy OL in free agency

On 1/8/2024 at 1:01 PM, GangGreen420 said:

Fuaga and Nabers are probably my top 2 realistic targets 

Love Nabers, think he's a safer bet than Rome and Keon even though I love both of them to pair with Garrett.  I was wrong on Quentin Johnson being DeAndre Hopkins, and Rome as great as his skillset is, seems like a jump ball guy and beating guys 1 on 1.  Nabers should be in line to be a top wideout like Chase and JJ.

Fuaga would make a great RT and a great pick at 10 but we need a LT.  IDK if Warren can play there, we know he can play RT.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Love Nabers, think he's a safer bet than Rome and Keon even though I love both of them to pair with Garrett.  I was wrong on Quentin Johnson being DeAndre Hopkins, and Rome as great as his skillset is, seems like a jump ball guy and beating guys 1 on 1.  Nabers should be in line to be a top wideout like Chase and JJ.

Fuaga would make a great RT and a great pick at 10 but we need a LT.  IDK if Warren can play there, we know he can play RT.

Nabers is probably my top target, just hoping he will be there.

I want to draft a LT but I don’t want to reach. Every year everyone mocks all of the top offensive line FAs and they end up taking less to play elsewhere, contenders or not. But the top 2 OTs in the draft who can step in and play LT will likely be gone so it puts us in a tough spot. Whether it’s a WR or OT it needs to be someone ready to play right away.

Edited by GangGreen420