2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

On 2/7/2024 at 12:06 PM, xrade said:

Forget names.  Just give me someone who does NOT have accuracy issues and comes from a pro-style offense.  Arm strength, making plays with your legs, having a hot Mom are all secondary to the above.

Agreed. And it would be nice if the QB played in a relatively big game at some point. And for the love of all things unholy, do NOT get enamored with someone because of a great combine or pro day!

• Like 1

UCLA is really that bad?  Chip Kelly bolted to be Buckeyes' OC.

Ben Grubbs, Penix's OC of two years, is set to be Seahawks' OC.  Rumors about Penix as a Seahawk should be picked up shortly. 

Any Day 3 safety prospect interests you?

9 hours ago, JetsandI said:

UCLA is really that bad?  Chip Kelly bolted to be Buckeyes' OC.

As a UCLA fan, Chip was the problem. Not the program. He wasn't recruiting, he could never adapt during the season, and more issues. He was getting out recruited by teams that had a lot less. I'm so glad he left. I just hate that he waited until now to do it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I know we won’t take him but I reeeeaaallly like Keon Coleman… see a lot of Brandon Marshall in him

It would have been nice to be in a position to take him. He's physically the type of WR I want on the other side of Wilson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

It would have been nice to be in a position to take him. He's physically the type of WR I want on the other side of Wilson. 

Been looking at WR heavy lately really like this class a lot, wish we had a 2nd but there should be a good amount of guys available in the 3rd for us to pick from that I’d be cool with, I expect us to roll with with a combo of Wilson, Lazard, Vet FA, Rookie, Gipson, Brownlee as our depth chart for better or worse. Adding a guy like Marquis Brown, Darnell Mooney, orTyler Boyd in free agency and a guy like Brenden Rice , Ja’Lynn Polk, or Jermaine Burton and I think we’d have a really solid WR core

WR is challenging for Jets because of Rodgers.  He is no fan of rookie or young WRs. He may accept rookie WR that is able to run deep route. However, in Rodgers' history, none of rookie WRs stood out immediately.

Jets will deal with some cap movements to create some room for upgrading OL or WR if possible.  Strike out on WR then ? who knows.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

WR is challenging for Jets because of Rodgers.  He is no fan of rookie or young WRs. He may accept rookie WR that is able to run deep route. However, in Rodgers' history, none of rookie WRs stood out immediately.

Jets will deal with some cap movements to create some room for upgrading OL or WR if possible.  Strike out on WR then ? who knows.

That is the same way I feel WHO KNOWS. after our pick at 10 in the first round, I have no idea what Joe Douglas is going to do, unless Woody & Rodgers, want to go in another direction.

I still think we need to start thinking of our future QB with that third-round pick. 

We simply cannot go into this year's draft still in search of BOTH a left tackle and a WR to play opposite Garret Wilson. 

Take care of one of those two crying needs before we get to the draft, then fix the other issue via the first-round pick. That leaves you with the opportunity to select our QB of the future in the third, then work on the depth that we need along the O-line, especially.

• 2 weeks later...

I always wanted to pick a guy like Stover and convert him to a receiving/blocking threat fullback.

I-formation would kill defenses with one and another WR threat. I'm not sure if LBs would be able to handle play action with Hall, Conk, and a FB. I know we're not, I'm dreaming a little.

57 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I always wanted to pick a guy like Stover and convert him to a receiving/blocking threat fullback.

I-formation would kill defenses with one and another WR threat. I'm not sure if LBs would be able to handle play action with Hall, Conk, and a FB. I know we're not, I'm dreaming a little.

We need to change OC to make it possible.

• Like 1

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk