2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

9 hours ago, Dr.O said:

This is part of the reason why I’m such a fan of going heavy OL in free agency

Yeah, I think it will be smart to go vet-heavy. It's cool to go rookie if we have to, but we're going to need good vets that can help Rodgers right away. Then see what rookies can earn their spot. If we draft a rookie and it takes him a year to catch on, we may be screwed. 

• Like 1

Did a mock draft on some site traded down with Broncos don’t know a lot of names out side of the first round or 2 cause I’ve fallen off a bit this year on college ball but I ended up with: 

R1(12): Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State

R3(72): Johnny Wilson WR FSU

R3(76): Rod Moore S Michigan

R4(111): Donovan Jackson OG OSU

R5(147): Jordan Travis QB FSU

R5(149): Theo Johnson TE Penn State

R6(187): Christian Jones OT Texas

R7(229): Nate Watson LB Miss. State

R7(255): Derek Wingo LB Florida

R7(256): Kendall Milton RB UGA

dont know if it’s realistic but I tried

21 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I think it will be smart to go vet-heavy. It's cool to go rookie if we have to, but we're going to need good vets that can help Rodgers right away. Then see what rookies can earn their spot. If we draft a rookie and it takes him a year to catch on, we may be screwed. 

OK WITH ME AT LEAST ONE TWO WOULD BE GREAT.

Warming up to Fuaga a bit he seems like he has the athleticism to make it at LT, would prefer we go QB or Nabers but I’d be comfortable with him at 10 or maybe a trade down if we get lucky

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Warming up to Fuaga a bit he seems like he has the athleticism to make it at LT, would prefer we go QB or Nabers but I’d be comfortable with him at 10 or maybe a trade down if we get lucky

Depends on how FA goes.  I wouldn't be mad at all, but the more I think about it the more I want Nabers.  I think X and Brownlee can be solid depth WRs provided they continue to work to get better.  Rodgers would have a field day with Wilson and Nabers.

• Like 1

I don't want a WR for the first round pick. You can get a WR 2 in FA. A guy like OBJ and others will be out there. If I can't get a OT at 10 I want Bo Nix. He can sit behind Rodgers for 2 years and be the QB of the future. GB did this with Love we need to do this too. 

15 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Depends on how FA goes.  I wouldn't be mad at all, but the more I think about it the more I want Nabers.  I think X and Brownlee can be solid depth WRs provided they continue to work to get better.  Rodgers would have a field day with Wilson and Nabers.

Love Nabers any other year he’s WR1 but unfortunately he’s coming out with a generational guy in Marv. I’m not as high on our UDFA guys would much rather add a Vet to come in and Play the 3. Another guy I love is Keon Coleman, I see a little BMarsh to his game.

33 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Love Nabers any other year he’s WR1 but unfortunately he’s coming out with a generational guy in Marv. I’m not as high on our UDFA guys would much rather add a Vet to come in and Play the 3. Another guy I love is Keon Coleman, I see a little BMarsh to his game.

I love Coleman and Rome too.  I just hope they aren't jump ball winners only.  Them and Nabers would compliment Wilson so well.  Pittmann, Higgins and Evans same.  We have 6 shots at landing a great WR opposite him.  

If Jets took Malik Nabers in 1st round then we should expect him to be Aaron Rodgers' primary target.  Wilson would fall off and whine about a lack of targets.  It would be idiotic of Jets to do that way.  Wilson stays number one as Jets should add more talents around him.

I don't know about taking Bo Nix in 1st. Top 10 to be carrying clipboard for at least 2 years? That sounds unappealing.  Top 25 is acceptable for that plan.

If Jets plan to take qb then Michael Pratt should be the one. I still am not sure where is the best value for him but 3rd round may be an ideal.  I advise Jets to ignore qb discussion until 5th round so taking Pratt if available there.

Quinn Ewers, Brady Cook, Cameron Ward and Carson Beck stay for another year in NCAA.  They are good prospects to scout for 2025. That gives me a pause against drafting qb in upcoming April.  I still eye for Austin Reed as UDFA but I just want someone who can get rid of football quicker.  When you watched 49ers and Texans games and you kind of felt like their qbs threw a bunch of baby football, that is because they got rid of football quick.   Aaron Rodgers won't offer that but if he hurt again and Jets need to find a way to stay offensive longer. Quick passer helps.  Also, quick passer could keep OL from heavy wear and tear (major injuries as well).

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

Jeff Ulbrich will coach the National team at Senior Bowl.  Too bad that the OC is Shea Tierney who runs different offense.  I guess Ulbrich will need to recognize offensive players' potential versatility for JD and his company to form a scouting digest.

The roster has yet to sort out so I don't know who will be on his team at the moment.

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jeff Ulbrich will coach the National team at Senior Bowl.  Too bad that the OC is Shea Tierney who runs different offense.  I guess Ulbrich will need to recognize offensive players' potential versatility for JD and his company to form a scouting digest.

The roster has yet to sort out so I don't know who will be on his team at the moment.

Jeff Ulbrich is a pretty cool dude. When I was at the Pats game a few weeks ago he gave me five and was smiling and jumping up and down to end the streak. He talked to me for about a minute. I told him we as fans are so glad they ended the streak. He laughed and said we are all happy it ended. I then told him he had a great D and said thanks and went into the tunnel. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t say I’m against taking Bowers but looking at our OC/QB history does make me think it’s a bad idea, I feel as though if your going to take a TE that high you should make a point to make him a big part of the offense and not just a security blanket which I don’t think we will do. Hackett I don’t believe has ever really featured a TE much in the passing game and the only TE that really did much with Rodgers was Jermichael Finley and to a lesser extent Jared Cook

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xrade said:

Pondering, I see. 

lol no.  I was just surprised to see his grade for blocking.   Dr. O said it all.

Jaheim Bell of FSU may be better option for draft value if Jets are interested in acquiring that kind of TE.  Bell received a wake call about blocking job as he made some improvement at that area.  Still, he isn't there yet but his work in progress should take notice for drafting scouts.